Euro 2012: Group D (Eng, Fra, Ukr, Swe)

TrentVilla

I think it was a good game, but England will need to keep the ball better and defend better if/when they play Spain in the quarter finals.

I think England will now draw with Ukraine and get 2nd place in the group.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky escape there, can easily see us not making it out of the group, Sweden are pap. Young, Milner, Parker are not England class but it's not like we have many other options. Rooney back for the next game but he's been largely shit for England when it matters.

Best possible outcome really. England win, Olof bags a couple of goals for Sweden. :nod:

And Ashley Young had an absolute Regi Blinker :twisted:

Does that mean a good game or a bad game? See, I'm aware of his reputation but I only ever saw Regi Blinker play once in the flesh and the **** looked like Leo Messi. Scored twice I think.

Best possible outcome really. England win, Olof bags a couple of goals for Sweden. :nod:

And Ashley Young had an absolute Regi Blinker :twisted:

Does that mean a good game or a bad game? See, I'm aware of his reputation but I only ever saw Regi Blinker play once in the flesh and the **** looked like Leo Messi. Scored twice I think.

cockney rhyming slang. stinker

France will now be playing a team already out of the tournament. I really do think there is a big difference between 1st and 2nd in the group. I fancy England to do Croatia or Italy if it came to that.

Yeah. It was a rhetorical question mate. Just pointing out that Regi Blinker is probably famous for looking amazing for 90 minutes then disappearing completely, but that 90 minutes was against us.

Yeah. It was a rhetorical question mate. Just pointing out that Regi Blinker is probably famous for looking amazing for 90 minutes then disappearing completely, but that 90 minutes was against us.

I remember the game. 3-2 against sheffield wednesday. andy townsend late winner. Milosevic only missed about 8 chances that game.

Yeah. He scored a couple though. It was just after my birthday the year I left school. I think all the goals were scored in front of the Holte End too.

Well done Woy. Right to start Carroll. Great substitution with Walcott. I love it when a plan comes together.

This team has given me more joy in 90 minutes than the whole of that South Africa campaign. Buzzing. :D

Well done Woy. Right to start Carroll. Great substitution with Walcott. I love it when a plan comes together.

This team has given me more joy in 90 minutes than the whole of that South Africa campaign. Buzzing. :D

Yep, he seems to have (at first glance anyway!) the sought of tactical nous that we've lacked for a long, long time: playing players because they suit the opposition (rather than on reputation or the club they play for) and making the right substitution when it was needed.

Good start.

Just back from the pub and all I can say is well done Roy, and well done England.

It was never going to be an easy game, Sweden had to win to stay in the tournament, and we did all we could to stop them and win.

I disagreed with a lot of what Roy had chosen throughout the game but it seems in the end, he was right. We won and that's all that matters, beat Ukraine next and we're laughing.

Â