Euro 2012: Group C (Spn, Ita, Irl, Cro)

TrentVilla

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a slight, and slightly facetious, rebuttal to Bilic, every Croatian I've ever had any contact with has been a hateful bastard.

as i have met a number of them in Dublin they are usually quite nice people. Only issue ever had at a croatian party was a bunch of racist South Africans who turned up

Can you elaborate on that point please? I lived in London for 4 years and met people from literally from every country you can think of, but I never met a Croatian.

I ran into a surprising amount at uni, and have encountered a few online. They've seemed, to a man, to be arrogant, full of themselves pricks, aggressive, with a marked feeling of superiority over everyone who is not Croatian, and tinged with a nasty racism and misogny, and in most of the cases, morons. They basically, in my experience, appear to be a nation with a nasty chip on it's shoulder.

Or maybe I just met 10 or so that are not terribly representative of the country.

That, does not surprise me.

I agree. If it was goal difference Italy would have gone through in euro 96 and the Czechs would have gone out in the group phase. Also goal difference s better because it takes into account every single game, rather then just 1.

The only issue with using goal difference in a 3 game mini league is that you often end up with a situation like today where Ireland were trying to be competitive ( :lol: ) in their first two games but now Italy get them when they have a dead rubber.

That is unfair that Spain and Croatia had to play them when they needed a result but Italy get them when they don't.

I ran into a surprising amount at uni, and have encountered a few online. They've seemed, to a man, to be arrogant, full of themselves pricks, aggressive, with a marked feeling of superiority over everyone who is not Croatian, and tinged with a nasty racism and misogny, and in most of the cases, morons. They basically, in my experience, appear to be a nation with a nasty chip on it's shoulder.

Or maybe I just met 10 or so that are not terribly representative of the country.

I only know 1 Croatian on a forum. If anything I'd say he's the total opposite of what you said. He never seems to enter confrontation and tries to difuse things quickly and is overly PC for the most part.

Though chances are that the 1 guy I know is the exception if you've met 10 that're all like that.

The Ireland game is on BBC Three. Although it is the correct decision, I expected the Ireland game to be on BBC One because they are a home nation (sort of).

R.O.I. is a foreign nation . There is no "sort of" at all . :?

The Ireland game is on BBC Three. Although it is the correct decision, I expected the Ireland game to be on BBC One because they are a home nation (sort of).

I knew someone would say that. Technically you are correct, but England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland are together. Culturally, hstorically.

I knew someone would say that. Technically you are correct, but England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland are together. Culturally, hstorically.

As long as I am technically correct and not "sort of " correct I can live with myself .

Â