BBC Panorama - Poland/Ukraine Racism

islingtonclaret

Horrible, disgusting and utterly utterly expected as were the pathetic excuses such as 'they are pointing, its not a nazi salute', just pathetic.

The clip of those poor Indian fans being attacked like that was one of the worst things I've ever seen inside a ground although they must have been insane to have wanted to attend the game in the first place.

I've attended a game in Poland and I'd never ever do it again, I wouldn't dream of it and I'm white.

I think its disgusting that UEFA have given both countries the thing in the first place but then I think they are a disgusting and corrupt organisation that couldn't give a shinny shit about trying to stop racism in football.

That was worse than I expected tbh.

The Sky Sports News one wasn't that bad but this one was pretty shocking.

There were some concerns about violence towards tourists in South Africa for the 2010 World Cup and that seemed to have passed off fine.

Hopefully that will be the case with Euro 2012.

i don't know this program you are all talking about, but i can assure you that football hooliganism here is not a thing you should be worried about. I go to a third league (4 level) every weekend, and only problems i've seen were on the derby day. Of course there is very strong hate between a couple of clubs, but these guys aren't interested in Euro 2012. Racism sometimes rears its ugly head, but a lot of clubs have afroamerican players and don't have any problems with the fans.

Dreadful, shocking, awful........... just posted about this in the Asian Villa fans thread.

However most Polish - Ukraine's are not like this I'm sure - it will be a minority.

Appalling to see one of the Ultras openly giving the Nazis salute in the Family stand after they'd attacked the Asian students

who were there peacefully supporting the same team! Police & Stewards just stood by and did nothing!

Well they had to deal with Communism for 50 years maybe its their way of saying they wont go back to that way.

Im more shocked that people were shocked that this was happening

Things are just flat out getting worse in the east. Even in Czech now more hate crimes and racist activities are taking place. I am white (like most czechs) but I still don't feel safe in towns such as Brno anymore. Governments have to step in and tighten their safety controls. You seem to see more and more of it on the news, but what is happening in Czech is nothing compared the other more eastern nations. Has anyone here seen these former communist nations? Most cities are still a shit-hole and the lack of police is quite disturbing. It's quite simple to get away with petty crimes so that is why I believe these things are continuing to happen.

I've never understood why neo-Nazism is so popular (compared to everywhere else) in Eastern Europe. You'd think that would be the last place.

I would rather say that the left wing/communists/antifa is problem. Why? Because they are often as extreme as right wing but have backing of left wing media (majority in my country). I.e. German (sic!) leftists beat up a lot of normal Polish people on our National Independence Day just because they consider this holiday as fascist holiday!

Typical Panorama, this is not typical of Poland and the Ukraine, these things exist but they exist everywhere. In other parts of the world similar documentaries maybe showing the London riots in the run up to the Olympics, is this typical of England?

A couple of summers ago I was in Belgrade as part of a back packing trip around the Balkans, and managed to catch a Partizan v HJK Helsinki Champs League qualifer. The atmosphere was excellent, the fans partizan (wahey!) but well behaved and the game was excellent, no problems at all.

Im also off to Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and a few other places this summer around that area, so will see how it goes there.

Â