BBC Panorama - Poland/Ukraine Racism

islingtonclaret

I'm from Dundee and a Dundee utd supporter, last year in the uefa cup qualifier we played Slask Worclaw and when they came to Dundee the city centre was closed down as they were smashing windows, lighting fireworks in the centre where kids were walking etc. They were absolute scum in the ground as well fighting with stewards and folk outside the ground. Now the utd forum I visit recieved appologies from good hearted fans but clearly they were lost in the sea of clearings in the woods. Im certainly not wanting to tar them all with the same brush but it only takes a few to start a riot, Im surprised with the hundreds they brought that there wasn't more problems. Our fans kept the head and stayed away from most of the trouble. I fear the euros will turn into a talking point for the wrong reasons but of course I hope not and any fellow Villa fans travelling please be safe

I hitch hiked to the ukraine a few weeks ago. Then couldnt get back out of the country so had to take an 11 hour train journey across the country to get to Kiev to fly home to saftey. I couldnt get any phone reception on my twatberry as well so we got reported as missing persons etc etc. Interesting story there ;)

Also a club game is very different to an international game in atmosphere and the type of fans who attend.

Compare a Millwall vs West Ham game to an England game at Wembley.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm having been in Ukraine for a week and a half that this is no more than a smear campaign and blown well out of proportion. Got people worked up though didn't it.

The Ukranians are some of the friendliest people I have met and they have a genuine interest and apppreciation for England. The only troouble I have seen is from Russians. A few actually attackeds a group in front of me on the way to the France game and actually shouted "we are the Russian hooligans".

I can confirm having been in Ukraine for a week and a half that this is no more than a smear campaign and blown well out of proportion. Got people worked up though didn't it.

The Ukranians are some of the friendliest people I have met and they have a genuine interest and apppreciation for England. The only troouble I have seen is from Russians. A few actually attackeds a group in front of me on the way to the France game and actually shouted "we are the Russian hooligans".

What about the racism in the Croatia and Russia games?

Croatia and Russia are not hosting the tournament though are they.

That would be like us playing us playing Rapid Vienna in the Europa League, the Rapid Vienna fans singing racist chants and then we get the blame for it.

yeah mentioned it in the Group D thread but they deserve an apology from the English media which they wont get as all the trouble has been in Poland

I think they only deserve an apology if stuff that has been said is false. Which I don't believe the pre-tournement stuff was.

I spent 5 days over there for the Sweden match and the locals were absolutely spot on. The level of English over there is quite poor but they're so accommodating and the girls are without doubt the hottest i've ever encountered anywhere on my travels!

Are any of you guys black though?

It's kind of pointless saying everyone has been really friendly if you are white yourself.

Would be interested to hear if any black or asian supporters have had any issues.

It will only be a minority of chav types who would cause problems but I don't believe the BBC were making up those pictures.

It's kind of pointless saying everyone has been really friendly if you are white yourself.

Would be interested to hear if any black or asian supporters have had any issues.

It will only be a minority of chav types who would cause problems but I don't believe the BBC were making up those pictures.

Spoke to plenty of black and Asian English fans, all encountered no trouble. I did meet a Russian CSKA fan who declared Vagner Love to be an 'n' word when I spoke about how he destroyed us the other year, then he started shouting white power. Dick.

Spoke to plenty of black and Asian English fans, all encountered no trouble.

Ditto this, all actually laughed when i asked if they'd encountered any racist bother.

there's no chance that i'd go to a game there as a non-white.

those videos filmed by Panorama happened.

you can't deny the evidence of the film.

Racist assaults have happened everywhere. The doc sensationalised it and used any footage they could to make it seem the same.

Remember how all England fans were going to die in South Africa in 2010 too?

To be honest I'd be interested to see how many non-whites are at the games? In truth I have not seen many in the crowds which says it all!

How many non-white fans do you see at Wembley though?

Â