BBC Panorama - Poland/Ukraine Racism

islingtonclaret

Some Germans have said their media did the same. Lets make a docu with carefully edited footage from English premier league games.

1915_2055.jpg

Do you actually think, with the best editing in the world, you could actually film something to the equivalent of the above picture at a premier league game?

The slogan behind the fans says "Death to Hook Noses" and the banner they are passing over the crowd is a guy with an oversized nose wearing a concentration camp hat.

I think it is crazy to try and dismiss it as nothing.

That's in their domestic league though.

They have their own rivalries and what not.

Not saying it's acceptable but look at Spurs calling themselves the Yid Army.

Their rivals might have a Jewish identity like Spurs and Ajax do?

And I'm guessing they hate their rivals...

Compare a West Ham-Millwall game to an England game at Wembley.

Same city. Different atmosphere. Different type of fan who attends.

These types of fans would have been outnumbered by normal fans at the Poland national team games.

It was quite recent that some fans (can't remember who) was singing "I'd rather be a paki than a jew" to spurs fans, think it was season before last. Talk sport did a whole big thing on it. I think you could make a pretty racist video about English football without to much trouble.

It was quite recent that some fans (can't remember who) was singing "I'd rather be a paki than a jew" to spurs fans, think it was season before last. Talk sport did a whole big thing on it. I think you could make a pretty racist video about English football without to much trouble.

We once sang "I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk" along with Leeds fans following their tragedy over there. I say we, I mean large(ish) sections of the upper Holte.

But seriously, comparing that flag above to ANYTHING that goes on in England these days is ludicrous. Comparing the actions of many in the videos we see from eastern Europe and beyond with the actions of football fans in England which very, very rarely cross that same line is ludicrous.

I'm really starting to worry about a certain poster and his motives.

To be honest I'd be interested to see how many non-whites are at the games? In truth I have not seen many in the crowds which says it all!

How many non-white fans do you see at Wembley though?

Quite alot as I'm one of them mate!

Bah! NEVER would have guessed from your user name!

These types of fans would have been outnumbered by normal fans at the Poland national team games.

Every league has rivalries. But a flag of that nature has to be organised and tolerated. Chants can happen ad hoc, but that flag shows a level of organisation and anti-semitism that wouldn't get near being tolerated at an English game. Society in general over there must be more tolerant of that kind of prejudice. Can you imagine Arsenal fans with a flag like that at the North London derby? I certainly can't.

Obviously fan behaviour is not that big a problem in England than in other countries but in last 5 years 3 of last seasons top 6 have been guilty of it.

Newcastle fans were calling MIdo a terroroist

Chelsea fans on Anton Ferdinand in Genk and booing Rio

Spurs fans giving homphobic abuse to Sol Campbell

also liverpool havent covered themselves in glory in last year or so, the booing of Evra and think some idiot abused an Oldham player in FA Cup

Every league has rivalries. But a flag of that nature has to be organised and tolerated. Chants can happen ad hoc, but that flag shows a level of organisation and anti-semitism that wouldn't get near being tolerated at an English game. Society in general over there must be more tolerant of that kind of prejudice. Can you imagine Arsenal fans with a flag like that at the North London derby? I certainly can't.

Of course that our society doesn't tolerate such things. These guys were sentenced and punished.

btw

Nazi-salute.jpg

Â