Heskey versus McLeish?

villa-revolution

I think I may possibly know the answer to this one, but which departure gave you the most satisfaction?

Incidentally, for me it's not McLeish! I have nothing but total respect for him for what he tried to achieve in extremely demanding circumstances. The guy had guts even if his managerial credentials are debatable. But it was an exceptionally difficult season when all factors are taken into consideration & his LMA statement showed him to be a guy of genuine class. I wish him all the best.

As for Heskey, the case his this, he spent a lot more time at Villa Park than McLeish & I can only recall his cameo man of the match award against Blackburn when he played like Maradona as being the only time he actually contributed anything of note! Like McLeish he is a decent enough guy, but as a footballer he is absolute PANTS!! :lol::lol:

So! That's 1-0 to Big Eck so far then!

Over to you?

Hummm - both should have been returned under the trades description act neither were fot for purpose.

To be fair to both - they only did at villa what they did elsewhere:-

Heskey - was known for his non goalscoring record - came here and didn't score many goals

Mcleish - Was known for dour football and poor results - and thats what he did

I don't blame either individual - its the guys who recruited them !

Odd that you seem to respect an incredibly shit manager so much yet hate a shit footballer, who to be fair is only shit because he is past it. He was once an alright player, unlike McLeish who's always been a shit manager :?

For me it has to be McLeish.

Heskey only played shit when he actually played, McLeish selected him to play.

Heskey didn't continually blame his inadequacies on others, McLeish did it all the time.

Heskey didn't select the boring negative tactics, McLeish did.

Heskey wasn't employed and paid to manage, McLeish was.

End of story.

Incidentally, for me it's not McLeish! I have nothing but total respect for him for what he tried to achieve in extremely demanding circumstances.

talktofrank.jpg

Ridiculous thread.

In footballing terms (not "he gets 60k a week you know!" terms), I feel sorry for Emile. Can't have been very confident in himself when he no-doubt hears the endless amounts of jokes singling him out. How could you do your job to the best of your ability knowing such an overwhelming number of people think you're terrible at it and even your own fans taunt you about it?

Â