No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What email?

someone messaged him on facebook and got a reply .. dunno why but I just read it to say AM is a gonna and things are in place

Is there a copy of this email anywhere?

Overwhelming support for OGS on twitter and here. Randy do the right thing Sign Him Up

I think it hinges on OGS, not Randy. If Randy flew him to Brum for talks, to me, that's essentially offering him the job.

Does he want the job, that's the question.

He's got a nice comfy setup in Molde, AND Champion's League football to play.

He could bide his time in Norway, while managing in CL games along the way, and then take over for SAF in three years.

Randy needs to sell the job well, IMO.

Looks like this is happening now. It's a little out of left field, and I initially had my heart set at Lambert, but I am genuinely excited about this.

First of all, he is very highly respected by almost everyone in the game. He has achieved a lot as a player and has learned a lot from his time working under Ferguson. Most of his success, both as a player and as a coach, is the result of an incredible drive, ambition and professionalism. He studies the game closely, more closely than almost anyone. In that respect, he is very similar to Guardiola as far as mentality goes.

He sets his team up to attack, pass the ball and dominate, without being naive or gung-ho. From watching his Molde side, I like his idea of how to play football. Winning the league with Molde in his first season wasn't a small feat either. In the end the title was there for the taking, but the side he inherited was hardly a collection of world class players and he had to sell some of his best players as well. He bought wisely and put together a pretty decent team. I am genuinely happy to see him go from the Norwegian league, as it gives my local side (Vålerenga) a better chance of success.

Also, not trying to make myself interesting I am sincerely only saying this to provide some insight into what sort of manager Ole is, I have sort of a personal connection to him. My step-brother (of sorts, my dad lives with his mum) plays for Solskjær at Molde and his agent is one of Ole's closest friends (possible transfer target in the future?). From speaking to him and mostly from speaking to my dad, Solskjær really is all the positive things that are said about him. A genuinely nice bloke but at the same time incredibly dedicated, thorough, no-nonsense, professional and knowledgeable. Nothing is left to chance, there is always a plan and the approach to every game is to go for three points.

His backroom staff are supposed to be very, very good as well and consists mostly of Brits, so expect him to want to bring most of them along.

This could be very exciting times for the Villa, if Ole is backed properly and given time to build his own team.

He could bide his time in Norway, while managing in CL games along the way, and then take over for SAF in three years.

united arent going to offer the molde manager the job

if he wants to manage united he has to manage us and do a very **** good job of it

ææææææææææææææææææææææææ

Would prefer Lambert but maybe I'm being bitter because I had an exam today and as such was staying away from VT... missed out on some big money!

OGS could be great for us! Makoun and Ireland will be happy anyway :)

I hope this gets sorted out quickly and Ole signs for us. I think he is an excellent choice and a much better one than that miserable dour scottish git at Norwich.