No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to see OGS here - he's obviously another excellent product of the so-called 'Fergie School of Tactics' and that's encouraging. If he is anything like Gary Neville in terms of tactical understanding he gets my vote.

My only slight concern is that he will be another short-term manager. He either does really poorly and is sacked/driven out of the club and seen as 'not ready' for Premier League management (similar to how Paul Ince went), or he is a success here, Fergie retires and he goes to United.

Don't get me wrong, any success is good success, but Villa need stability too!

He'd have to a fantastic job in 2-3 years to be considered for the Man UTd job. You're talking us qualifying for the Champions League for him to be considered I would think. If he took us to two 10th places he wouldn't be an option for Man Utd. Lambert could come in and do brilliantly and end up being poached by a bigger club. Either way, if it happened it would mean that we were in a good position.

So how did Molde do in the Champions League as I can't remember them being there or in the qualifiers? How do you pronounce Molde anyway?

I remain concerned but I guess it beats having some ten-a-penny glasgow dinosaur in charge. Just don't expect miracles. He says no crosses? Man U make loads of crosses.

They'll be playing next season. I have no idea on how to write the pronunciation in English making it sound Norwegian though.

Hope this actually happens now. I am genuinely excited by this appointment, and excitement is something we've been lacking for a good while now.

Hope this actually happens now. I am genuinely excited by this appointment, and excitement is something we've been lacking for a good while now.

Couldn't agree more. I think this will really excite the fans.

The only ones who won't be excited by this are the ones who'll say 'we should have gone for AVB' or Mourinho or osmething equally daft.

This is exactly the sort of appointment we need. Young, with great footballing ideas and exciting. Yes, a gamble, but I'd rather we took this sort of gamble than played it safe with an experienced boring manager.

A dream match report:

Ole Gunnar Solskjærs Villa stunned last years runners up Manchester United at Old Trafford this afternoon. Gabriel Agbonlahore scored with a super strike from outside the box after just 12 minutes before Darren Bent in his usual fashin lashed on to a wonderful cross from Marc Albrighton just before half time. Nani pulled one back just after the break, but Charles N'zogbia, who really has revitalized his career after the suprise appointment of Solskjær as the New Villa manager, made sure that Villa was the first team this season to take 3 points at Old Trafford with a easy tap in after a some clever midfield play involving the Chris Herd and the returned Jean Makoun. Villa are now only 3 points adrift of Man City at the top of the table while Manchester United are still 9 points adrift of the top.

Not sure what to think of this tbh, don't know anything about him as a manager apart from what's being discussed on here a la Molde. Young, hungry manager though, RL has went the way of the old fashioned managers up until now and it hasn't really worked so he maybe he's changing his policy. I certainly won't be dissapointed if he comes but i'll wait 'till I see him in front of the cameras with a Villa scarf before I get too excited.

Ok, first of all: I hate him.

BUT that is because of what he did with Molde and beat Rosenborg (main local rival) last season.

He plays good football and has great personal skills.

I actually thinks he will be a United manager in a few years.

He will do wonders for us.

Get him in!