Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

20 minutes ago, mwj said:

You mean 7 seasons ago? That's the best part of a decade mate. Let it go

The idea that the "Gabby of old" could be useful in the championship is naive i think. For the last 5yrs or so Gabby has not been useful at anything other than keeping midwives in work, he is completely finished as a footballer. What he has shown however, is that he really doesn't give a toss. So looking at the form so to speak, its hard to see Gabby contributing anything other than trouble if he is not shown the door. 

1 hour ago, mwj said:

You mean 7 seasons ago? That's the best part of a decade mate. Let it go

Im not expecting to repeat that feat.. but if he can contribute.. why not keep him. If he cant get rid. Its not yours or my call. I will happily let RDM make the call. I personally would sell him but i would understand if RDM thinks he may redeem us this season. 

20 hours ago, terrytini said:

I agree with your Posts on this but I'm afraid my view is that the reality is the 'collective' won't. 

I still think the first time he doesn't chase down a defender, or misses a chance, or pulls out of a challenge, people will leap on it (rightly or wrongly) - and that rather than dissipate as it does when we jeer an ex-player it will multiply. (Even at his peak under MON I sat near a few guys who hammered him every single game).

I just can't see that for what he is (and the other 3 are) likely to bring to the Team it is worth it.  We need a restored atmosphere above everything else IMO.  Not just in terms of attitude but at VP itself.  I don't see anything other than a poor atmosphere following their retention/selection. The only route that will work is getting them out (if he can !).  I would go so far as to say that it would look to me like a pretty significant error of judgement if he didn't. Yes, I know he will see them at close quarters, and is an expert, where I wont/aren't, but I really cant picture a scenario where these guys are treated the same as other players.

The absolute last thing we need is anything that starts to resemble the back half of last season at VP.

I do understand where you're coming from Terry  and I think above any individuals concerns we do need to get back to a unified front....whatever it takes.

On a slightly different note.....you will never get fans to agree on players unless they are outstanding and it is blindly obvious.....but players who have flaws, someone will always highlight it.....not saying its wrong, just highlighting fans not agreeing

8 hours ago, KSV said:

Im not expecting to repeat that feat.. but if he can contribute.. why not keep him. If he cant get rid. Its not yours or my call. I will happily let RDM make the call. I personally would sell him but i would understand if RDM thinks he may redeem us this season. 

RDM will make the call and he will make it as easy as he can for himself to get us up......  if Gabby rises like a phoenix from the ashes he may redeem himself.....but any of his long periods of blank sheets he will be binned.

I can understand the the feeling running high towards him from many fans.....he could have just as easily of applied himself like Defoe did for Sunderland.

Even if we remove from the equation his piss-poor attitude, his last decent season for us was Lambert's first season, was that 2012-13? He's been pretty poor since then, and last season he was abominable both on and off the pitch. What possible reason would anyone have for wanting to persist with him? He had more suspensions than goals last season.

• Like 3

Even if he's turned over a new leaf, in shape etc - how many goals is he realistically going to get us 5, 6? It's never going to be more than that so there's no point in him being. The time to put the work in was last season.  Too late now. 

If RDM keeps him on I will be very disappointed. 

27 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

If your effort & movement is shite, you cant control the ball, head or shoot on target, then you wont score in Ch, L1 or L2.

Shite footballer, F*** him off.

Agbonlahor signed a new four year contract with Villa on the 15th of August 2008 and then went on to score a perfect hat trick (with his right foot, left foot and a header) in the space of seven minutes in Villa’s 4-2 win over Manchester City on the opening day of the season.http://www.punditarena.com/football/english-football/sfitzpatrick/premier-league-heroes-gabriel-agbonlahor/

Computer says different.

Time will tell. I currently hate him for what hes done the last few years.. and last year was appalling. What he did was ALMOST nonredeemable. However, i believe in second/third/fourth whatever chances in life.. if someone has finally learnt and is prepared to work hard and has turned a new leaf.. why not?

I read something about Vardy.. how he was a bad drinker.. didnt look after himself etc etc.. hes 29.. he finally turned a new leaf and look at him go. Ok i am not saying Gabby will score 30 goals and play for England.. but if he can turn it around.. and contribute.. whether he scores 10 goals or whatever.. on his day he can make in impact. Especially with his pace in the Championship..  I know its a hard league but there are still some awful defences that wont be able to cope with his pace. Whether he still has it... just like Petrov to be able to perform.. will be up to the manager. We dont see them everyday to see what their condition is like. 

I am prepared to trust RDM until he proves otherwise. *ie making dumb Sherwood/Black like decisions*

RDM's hands are probably tied with some of the players we have, I mean he likely doesn't want them but short of buying them out of their contract no one is going to buy them off us. If RDM can get some of these wasters even Gabby back playing something semi-decent then they could be an asset on the bench, in what will be a long 46 game season not counting cup games. 

13 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

If your effort & movement is shite, you cant control the ball, head or shoot on target, then you wont score in Ch, L1 or L2.

Shite footballer, F*** him off.

Daryl Murphy seems to manage it.

Â