Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

18 hours ago, terrytini said:

I must be ridiculous then because I would celebrate him leaing een if it meant we could only field 10 men.  He had his day but has been like a ball and chain in recent times.

And I don't know about behind the scenes, but it is possible he may hae been a less than positie influence there.

But, once he is gone I will be more than happy to reflect on only the good times, he gae a lot of our best days in recent years, I especially loed Blues, United and Arsenal away.  I would clap him if he eer returned (for another team).

Sorry can't type the letter between U and W...

Sorry I bant say the letter b

19 minutes ago, mwj said:

Surely he is paid to get the best out of himself? He's not a child

A footballer needs to be playing in a decent team to get the best out of themselves. I agree he has been awful but, as I've already said several times, we need some perspective. It's not all down to him.

As for the pay argument don't even get me started. He was given that money because of the industry he works in, not because he can motivate himself 20 times better than us. He's still a human being and as he is a footballer I imagine he is a bit thicker than us and needs more motivational assistance than you or I.

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

Ok

here's some perspective

60kw

doesnt score very often

doesnt assist very often

takes a great kick-off

Here's some more... Every manager since O'Neill has been a failure, the club is heading for relegation and there are plenty of other players earning far too much money.

Just because he's not as good as he was doesn't mean fans should turn on him. I supported him from the start and refuse to become fickle.

Gabby is crap and has been for a number of years now with very little in the way of a productive input into the team. I cannot remember the last time he put a decent shift in and for around £65k week, being a so called Villa fan he should've been pulling up trees to help us this season and the new players settle. He is a joke, hence the piss taking during the spuds game and his disappearance since(back problem my arse). As a long term employee and senior member of the club he should hang his head in shame for his lack of effort, this season especially imo.

I personally think the only reason Garde has mentioned not letting him go and bringing him back in is due to the fact the club will not sanction a striker replacement whilst he is still on the books, completely rendering everything Remi is doing as pointless as due to injuries and lack of options he is being forced to utilise him if fit. The board have given up, certain players have given up and a majority of fans have given up after realising the club is internally full of jokers who just don't give a shit aboout where we end up.

Continually blaming a multitude of managers for his performances is nothing but short sightedness. Sure some managers are just not good at getting the best out of those they do not know, but players are just as responsible and in some instances more so. Chelsea fans this season will be well aware that players no matter how good they can be are detrimental to a club and it's situation if their attitude is crap. I put Gabby clearly in that catergory and unless there is a massive improvement in attitude I wouldn't have him anywhere near the matchday squad, instead giving game time to Sellars or Hepburn Murphy if there are no other options. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Ok

here's some perspective

60kw

doesnt score very often

doesnt assist very often

takes a great kick-off

Hmmm....doesn't sound so far off our standard when you build him up like that .......

1 minute ago, philthevillan said:

Here's some more... Every manager since O'Neill has been a failure, the club is heading for relegation and there are plenty of other players earning far too much money.

Just because he's not as good as he was doesn't mean fans should turn on him. I supported him from the start and refuse to become fickle.

So, you have at least considered it then....?

1 minute ago, philthevillan said:

Your wrong. Not every manager has been a failure as they all except this this season did what they were expected to do, which was to reduce the overall wages of the squad whilst maintaining our premiership status.

Also just to add, most fans including myself have no problem with Gabby not being as good as he once was as every players qualities diminish over time. It's all about lack of effort and fight for what you apparently care about that is the bigger issue here-did you see the spurs game, or many games over the last couple of years? And just because you still support him doesn't mean anyyone else is fickle for not. All real supporters of the club will support any player while that player supports and gives their all for the club. As soon as any player in any club gives up, shows no care or effort then they deserve no support whatsoever.

A footballer needs to be playing in a decent team to get the best out of themselves. I agree he has been awful but, as I've already said several times, we need some perspective. It's not all down to him.

As for the pay argument don't even get me started. He was given that money because of the industry he works in, not because he can motivate himself 20 times better than us. He's still a human being and as he is a footballer I imagine he is a bit thicker than us and needs more motivational assistance than you or I.

I'm not saying the amount of money matters, I'm saying he's being paid in the profession of his choice (like all of us), that I would imagine he enjoys (probably not like all of us). I understand players having dips in form because they are not robots just like we have enjoyable and not enjoyable periods at work, but his work ethic over many seasons now has been poor, which I can't excuse, and his off field antics with birds hasn't helped my sympathy.

People used to think the world was flat.  Most of us turned fickle in the face of new and overwhelming evidence.

Since you won't change your mind about Gabby and thus avoid being fickle.... can I sell you some brontosaurus steaks?

I'd love to root for gabby, one of us, local lad etc etc but too many stories of petulance and distribution over the years have eroded any admiration I could muster. There's no smoke without fire and too many abject performances when we've needed him to put a shift in have soured what could have potentially been our first member of the PL 100 club. Now I just think he's Erdingtons Shola Ameobi

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Gabby is crap and has been for a number of years now with very little in the way of a productive input into the team. I cannot remember the last time he put a decent shift in and for around £65k week, being a so called Villa fan he should've been pulling up trees to help us this season and the new players settle. He is a joke, hence the piss taking during the spuds game and his disappearance since(back problem my arse). As a long term employee and senior member of the club he should hang his head in shame for his lack of effort, this season especially imo.

I personally think the only reason Garde has mentioned not letting him go and bringing him back in is due to the fact the club will not sanction a striker replacement whilst he is still on the books, completely rendering everything Remi is doing as pointless as due to injuries and lack of options he is being forced to utilise him if fit. The board have given up, certain players have given up and a majority of fans have given up after realising the club is internally full of jokers who just don't give a shit aboout where we end up.

Continually blaming a multitude of managers for his performances is nothing but short sightedness. Sure some managers are just not good at getting the best out of those they do not know, but players are just as responsible and in some instances more so. Chelsea fans this season will be well aware that players no matter how good they can be are detrimental to a club and it's situation if their attitude is crap. I put Gabby clearly in that catergory and unless there is a massive improvement in attitude I wouldn't have him anywhere near the matchday squad, instead giving game time to Sellars or Hepburn Murphy if there are no other options. 

The reason why Chelsea are now doing better is because Mourinho has left. That must be because his relationship with the players had broken down. When that happens it's best if the manager goes, regardless of who he is. Ever heard of the term 'lost the dressing room'.

Show me the evidence that any of those managers were good enough to run this club and I will happily admit Gabby is 100% to blame for losing his way. 

I'm certainly not short sighted, I actually have far more insight into how the game actually works than you realise. In fact I'd go as far as saying that 90% of what people think they know on here is pure, fabricated rubbish. The only other game that compares to football in terms of made up, idle gossip is a night at the bingo. 

Finally, to anyone on here slating Gabby and saying they want rid, if he does magic up a goal or two I trust you won't be celebrating. That would be incredibly fickle after all. 

Edited by philthevillan

41 minutes ago, philthevillan said:

Finally, to anyone on here slating Gabby and saying they want rid, if he does magic up a goal or two I trust you won't be celebrating. That would be incredibly fickle after all. 

I want him gone but we have no control over who is selected. If he scores credit is still due and we can celebrate. The problem is for the next 4,5,6 etc games after that he statistically won't. Yes he might score more regularly in the Championship but right now, in this league he isn't or hasn't pulled up any trees.

Edited by Spray

Phil, you're the one that threw out you wouldn't be fickle.  I'll hold my own standard thank-you.  

If Gabby takes an "i give a $%&&" pill, and starts performing.  I will absolutely change my tune and cheer like a maniac.  You'll have to cope with me living in conflict with your "never change my view or else it's fickle" standard.

Frankly, I hope that happens.  I hope he scores 20 this season and keeps us up.  But his track record is not promising.  That's his fault.  Not 6 managers.

1 hour ago, philthevillan said:

The reason why Chelsea are now doing better is because Mourinho has left. That must be because his relationship with the players had broken down. When that happens it's best if the manager goes, regardless of who he is. Ever heard of the term 'lost the dressing room'.

Show me the evidence that any of those managers were good enough to run this club and I will happily admit Gabby is 100% to blame for losing his way. 

I'm certainly not short sighted, I actually have far more insight into how the game actually works than you realise. In fact I'd go as far as saying that 90% of what people think they know on here is pure, fabricated rubbish. The only other game that compares to football in terms of made up, idle gossip is a night at the bingo. 

100.The reason why Chelsea are now doing better is because Mourinho has left. That must be because his relationship with the players had broken down. When that happens it's best if the manager goes, regardless of who he is. Ever heard of the term 'lost the dressing room'.  I didn't mention that mourinho hadn't lost the dressing room? What I stated was that even top players can be detrimental to a team if their attitude was crap. Now regardless of whether he lost the dressing room the players were not performing for the club. And bearing in mind they won the title less than 12 months ago I think it's pretty safe to conclude they weren't giving their all, hence their position. Mourinho was not entirely to blame as players also should shoulder responsibility for their own actions. Just as Gabby should.

22.Show me the evidence that any of those managers were good enough to run this club and I will happily admit Gabby is 100% to blame for losing his way.  Well the evidence is in the history books if you look. Whether or not any of us feel the last few managers have been good enough to manage the club is one thing. The facts are they all acheived what was expected by the club in keeping us up while reducing wages. Not good enough and failures are two completelly different arguments.

69.I'm certainly not short sighted, I actually have far more insight into how the game actually works than you realise. In fact I'd go as far as saying that 90% of what people think they know on here is pure, fabricated rubbish. The only other game that compares to football in terms of made up, idle gossip is a night at the bingo.  Okay your not shortsighted and it everybody elses fault for the lack of quality or effort that Gabby has produced consistantly these last few years. Get real! Nobody is saying your an idiot who hasn't a clue but to suggest he is not to blame for his own performances but all the recent managers are is not the greatest statement to make. And it may interest you to know this but there are a great many posters on here that are passionate about Villa and also have a wealth of knowledge built over many years of following football in general. Some more than others but all opinions just the same. So to come on here and say 90% of what people think they know is on here is rubbish is a little bit naive of you(Your percentages are all wrong, Its about 80% ;)). Also if bingo reminds you of football or VT I suggest sticking to bingo as you might get a return on your investment, in a hassle free environment.    

88.Finally, to anyone on here slating Gabby and saying they want rid, if he does magic up a goal or two I trust you won't be celebrating. That would be incredibly fickle after all.  Are you David O'Leary? Fickle eh! Just because certain fans don't rate certain players and some want X to go, and others Y, doesn't mean they are fickle for celebrating should any of these players score while on the pitch. Most of us support all the players when they step over the line wearing the shirt regardless of how shit we may think they are and for whatever reason. Just as any player who works hard for a team and puts the effort in will be supported, including Gabby. If they don't put the effort in on the pitch they rightly deserve to get criticised to a point. It's life and happens everywhere everday, there is nothing fickle about it

• Like 1

Of course I'd celebrate if he scored for us, but i celebrate the fact my team has scored, not because a certain individual has scored it. 

I always found it strage when people argue that player has proved his worth because of certain particular moments, like a winning goal, because its not improbable that the same outcome could have been achieved with different personal.  

Yes Gabby has scored a few important goals for club, but he is a bloody striker, its his job to score goals and he simply hasn't done it anywhere near enough, for a number of years now he has been an expensive waste of space.  

If he does score again for the club I'd fully expect him to do a Wiemann, giving it the big one , like it somehow makes up for 5yrs of rubbish. 

22 hours ago, Jareth said:

If Gabby wants to stay, he had better start working hard because if he tries to do an Nzogbia I will personally rage about it on this forum which will clearly show him what's what.

Im sure gabby will lose so much sleep over that! Geezer hasn't cared for years why would he know? He has his fat contract

Â