England Euro 2012 23 man squad

EastEndVillan

Lampard and Gerrard should be no where near the england side

Give youth a chance please..... I do not want to see us revert back to the tortoise and the hare formation that we seen against Germany in the WC and see us get outpaced for 90 mins Barry is slow enough as it is

Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand & Johnson should not be anywhere near an England set up. All have been to major tournaments and failed to deliver. Not once, most have been to four or five tournaments!

We need to take the German approach and start afresh. The old guard and the egos need to be shipped out. I would never have faith in Gerrard and Lampard to play together in a winning midfield when they have failed so many times in the past. A midfield that failed to even qualify for Euro 2008 is not going to win Euro 2012.

Lampard and Gerrard should be no where near the england side

Give youth a chance please..... I do not want to see us revert back to the tortoise and the hare formation that we seen against Germany in the WC and see us get outpaced for 90 mins Barry is slow enough as it is

Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand & Johnson should not be anywhere near an England set up. All have been to major tournaments and failed to deliver. Not once, most have been to four or five tournaments!

We need to take the German approach and start afresh. The old guard and the egos need to be shipped out. I would never have faith in Gerrard and Lampard to play together in a winning midfield when they have failed so many times in the past. A midfield that failed to even qualify for Euro 2008 is not going to win Euro 2012.

Germany's starting afresh was much more long term. They built from the youth teams and continued the same system into the senior setup. England hasn't done that - we're perhaps just starting now with the new central setup in Burton.

The long-term problem with England is lack of a coherent team plan. Just throwing out the old players and bringing in younger versions wouldn't really be changing anything in the philosophy of the team.

Am I right in thinking that he can pick 30 players then he has to narrow it down to his official 23 after the 2 friendlies? If that's right then I can see people like Holt being involved but not making the final 23 man squad. I'd say that there won't be any real surprise inclusions in the squad that goes to Euro 2012.

It's looking like it will only be one of Terry or Rio that goes isn't it? If that's the case then it's Terry all day for me. I'd much rather have him in my team than Rio these days.

GK - Hart, Green + Foster or Ruddy

D - A.Cole, K.Walker, Terry, Lescott, Richards, P.Jones, Cahill, Baines

M - Parker, Gerrard, Walcott, A.Young, Barry, Milner, Lampard then one from Chamberlain, Lennon or Downing

F - Rooney, Bent, Sturridge or Wellbeck + Carroll or Crouch

I know the topic title is YOUR team but I couldn't help picking the team that I think Hodgson would pick. Mine would include the forgotten man Joe Cole. He's been quality in France this season.

Am I right in thinking that he can pick 30 players then he has to narrow it down to his official 23 after the 2 friendlies?

You are indeed. He can actually pick 100 players now if he wants, but the official squad of 23 does not need to be submitted to UEFA until May 29th.

Hart

Cole

Jones

Lescott

Walker/Richards

Johnson

Milner

Gerrard

Young

Welbeck

Rooney/ Carroll

What ever you conclude - our squad is poor.

We already have lost:-

- Wiltshire

- Ferdinand (possibly)

- Smalling

- Ronney ( 2 games)

- Plus a few others are likey to get injured in training - heskey took at Ferdinanad at the previous world cup.

- How many more players Will Ferguson dictate cant go to the Euros - Jones, Rooney, Scholes, Carrick ect. He is already trying to do it with Rio.

As easily predicted a lot of our players will either be injured, suspended or faitugied. Will these players really be able to peak at the Euros after they have participated in in one of the most physical leagues in the world - I doubt it, it could happen though.

We are more likely not to qualify then to get to the semis or final.

Hart

Green

Ruddy

Johnson

Walker

Cahill

Ferdinand

Jones

Lescott

Coles

Baines

Young

Milner

Gerrard

Lampard

Barry

Scholes/Parker (if fit)

Walcott

Downing/Johnson

Rooney

Bent

Carroll

Wellbeck/Sturridge

If I was Grant Holt I would be fuming if Andy Carroll got selected ahead of me.

15 league goals vs 4 league goals

What more can the guy do?

What more can the guy do?

He could start by trying to understand that picking a squad is not like playing a game of Top Trumps. If Grant Holt was stupid enough not to see what Carroll offers to the squad that he doesn't, and the fact that Carroll is coming into form at the right time (which also explains the lack of goals) then that'd make Grant Holt a fairly stupid person :) I doubt he is though. Holt had a very good season but on the international stage he would be ineffective IMO. Simply put, he's not good enough.

GK: Hart

GK: Ruddy

GK: Foster

DF: Cole

DF: Terry

DF: Cahill

DF: Baines

DF: Walker

DF: Johnson

DF: Lescott

DF: Ferdinand

MD: Gerrard

MD: Lampard

MD: Parker

MD: Young

MD: Barry

MD: Walcott

MD: Carrick

FW: Rooney

FW: Sturridge

FW: Bent

FW: Crouch

FW: Welbeck

I think Grant Holts need to do it at this level for more then 1 year to make the England squad. The other forwards like Defoe, Rooney, Bent etc have done it at this top level for many years. And Sturridge has done it for 2 years and plays a deeper role.

Also regarding Holt. When Bent was left out of world cup 2010 squad, people said, he is the 2nd top England scorer, he should be in. And Capello was criticised for not picking Bent. This is a similar scenario to Holt now, but back in 2010, Bent had already done it for 4 yars at the top level, that I think is the difference.

Take as many youngsters as possible, **** the old generation off as much as possible, build a new squad for the next 10 years or so. The old guard have had their chances many times and blew it.

DF: Jagielka

DF: Richards

MD: Ox-Chamberlain

MD: Milner

MD: A. Johnson

MD: Wilshere

FW: Holt

Take as many youngsters as possible, **** the old generation off as much as possible, build a new squad for the next 10 years or so. The old guard have had their chances many times and blew it.

DF: Jagielka

DF: Richards

MD: Ox-Chamberlain

MD: Milner

MD: A. Johnson

MD: Wilshere

FW: Holt

It has been confirmed Wilshere will not be fit for the Euros.

Â