All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the Villa games We met at I probably did drink actual shandy as I would have been driving .... but when we went on our pub crawl around Liverpool I could swear blind you were also drinking lager :) 

To quote Mr Bland, I'm omnibeverous. I just don't water it down with fizzy pop

in fact right now I'm quaffing some nice cold Estrella

On 13/08/2020 at 10:11, villakram said:

Taking pleasure from inviting JWs in, for coffee and a chat/education doesn't count.

Yep all sorts of people can be nice.

I do my civic duty and invite my JWs in and keep them long as possible, pointing out the inconsistences in their postilions. Your JWs drink coffee? I got the impression they did not. Could be wrong. Sadly they don't seem to come any more.

On another note.

Regarding the two major Abrahamic faiths ... I never got the hang of believing ... 2000 y ago an angel came to a lady called Miriam (or whatever it is in Aramaic) and foretold of a godly inspired birth (by some accounts, a parthenogenetic  birth). This belief is beyond my skill set. 

Could a passing Christian or Muslim Villa fan explain where Jesus got his Y chromosome from? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Withnail said:

So what was the picture that caused a ruckus in the Barkley thread? It has disappeared.

Was it the one of the Pope holding something, with that something replaced by a picture of Jack and Barkley?  I'm guessing it was some sort of 'sacrilegious' bollocks.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Was it the one of the Pope holding something, with that something replaced by a picture of Jack and Barkley?  I'm guessing it was some sort of 'sacrilegious' bollocks.

The Pope was mentioned so I guess that was it.  👍

19 hours ago, Withnail said:

So what was the picture that caused a ruckus in the Barkley thread? It has disappeared.

A symbolic cannibalistic ritual was altered to look like an actual cannibalistic ritual .

Catholics only like to pretend to eat human flesh apparently.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

...  be dismissive of Christianity and religion in general but until you can answer the fundamental questions of creation I would personally edge my bets. 

Can you give an example where Christianity or religion in general has explained anything?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Can you give an example where Christianity or religion in general has explained anything?

Science attempts to find explanations. It doesn't always succeed, but it keeps on applying the method, and it has a pretty good track record so far.

Religion just shrugs and makes stuff up. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I think the catholics are quite rigorous when they investigate miracles, before they make someone a saint.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think the catholics are quite rigorous when they investigate miracles, before they make someone a saint.

You guys are not helping.

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They should have investigated Mother Theresa for crimes against humanity not made her a saint

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

They should have investigated Mother Theresa for crimes against humanity not made her a saint

I’ll have to hold my hand up here and say I actually know **** all about the catholics, other than they appear less uptight than the devout heathens.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ll have to hold my hand up here and say I actually know **** all about the catholics, other than they appear less uptight than the devout heathens.

Not uptight at all, no sir.

https://youtu.be/qwdoBn2aaUE

(WHY are these links not embedding?) 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

41 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

(WHY are these links not embedding?) 

And lo, as yet another YouTube video failed to embed, Brother Mooney discovered that He is indeed a vengeful God...

• Haha 3

Â