General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

The sad thing is. The managers we keep failing to land - arent even proven and by no means guaranteed to be succesfull.

Im fully prepared for Grayson or Southgate. Anything better - a bonus. Anything worse - God help us

Adrian Durham on Talksport reckons that Ian Holloway and Villa are a perfect fit. Perhaps he would be prepared to manage a half arsed club that used to be famous.

Despite the outrage on VT of Holloway's comments, it seems a reasonable description of us to me.

people blaming the tree are way off. Given the circumstances Mcleish left under, I fully expect any potential managers to be leaked in the local press. They will want to gauge fan reaction. Look how much closer Kendrick and others are to the club these days.

James Nursery in past few days has been consistent....Ole is a "Good Candidate" but we have other "Great options".....these words have come from high in the food chain well before yesterday.

:idea: Keep the faith

With this board I am now fully in the "don't tell me, show me!" camp!

Moyes? Think Everton are currently putting a bid together to try and land Jay Rodriguez... very much doubt Moyes is thinking about anything other than Everton. We'd just be a step down for him.

After the initial talk he was ready to come over straight away if we asked. Something must of happened after he went back to Molde.

as cloughie would say....you get em in a room close the door and sign em.

its called decisiveness.

The research should have been done up front.

Why do we think David Moyes is totally out of the question?

RL went for him after O'Neill left, wasnt put off and went for him the next year after Houlier left. Yes everyone says he wont leave Everton. Well I would have agreed with this in the past but i think this summer might be different. Rumors are Everton are trying to get him to sign a new contract. He may be thinking its time for a change as his hands are tied there.

Who knows how much RL might give him to rebuild a shocking villa squad. We are only guessing at talks of 8 million being available. Wouldnt be much of a chairman who would tell OGS this in a first formal chat. We are starting to get the wage bill down O'Neill left us with so who knows.

To be fair to OGS he has spoken and acted completely respectfully towards Aston Villa at all times, which shows the quality of the individual.

Completely disagree. If he had any respect to the club he'd have thought about the 'family implications' before he got on Randy's plane.

Perhaps he got on the plane with good intentions, but the offer he got wasn't all that great

To be fair to OGS he has spoken and acted completely respectfully towards Aston Villa at all times, which shows the quality of the individual.

Completely disagree. If he had any respect to the club he'd have thought about the 'family implications' before he got on Randy's plane.

I thought he would have thought about the family issues - before he had that clause put into his contact allowing him to leave if a PL league came in for him :lol:

The sad thing is. The managers we keep failing to land - arent even proven and by no means guaranteed to be succesfull.

Im fully prepared for Grayson or Southgate. Anything better - a bonus. Anything worse - God help us

Adrian Durham on Talksport reckons that Ian Holloway and Villa are a perfect fit. Perhaps he would be prepared to manage a half arsed club that used to be famous.

Despite the outrage on VT of Holloway's comments, it seems a reasonable description of us to me.

Good job I wasnt in the car listening to that. Would have drove off a cliff.

I actually agree with Holloway about the stature of our club and Dave Whelan for that matter. The last 3 manager odds lists have proved how big we are NOT.

That said, Hollways a total arse and I dont want him here.

If i was a gambler the OGS thing is by far over. He uprooted from here with his wife and kids 2 years ago, his eldest son plays for Molde academy and showing good prospects, He has (as far as i know a house in Bramhall,Cheshire) a great chance of taking on a young side with some talent, he is as far as i know VT's favourite to take over from Mcleish, the meeting he had last night with Rokke was attendend by his wife (he flew into the UK with her on Randy's jet) FTLOG is she his manager???

I'm 1000% sure he will convert his wife into $$$$, take the 16/1 odds.

The way we are going it might not be such a daft shout.

ps perhaps we can ask Harry if he has any mates with a coaching badge

Quote from OGS tonight:

Solskjær to Nettavisen: Aston Villa wanted to have further discussions, but we decided that this was not the right time

So to me that sounds like he was told he was wanted to be the manager

When Mark Hughes was at Blackburn, he was touted as a possible future Man U manager because he was arguably over achieving at the club. Obviously it all went a little askew after that for him though....

RM is often said to be over achieving at Wigan. OGS would obviously want the Man U job one day, but what is classed as over achieving at Villa? Living in Dubai, I'm surrounded by Lots of different clubs fans and it's amazing how little most of them know about us. Tell them we've scored more points in the PL than Spurs and most will cry foul.

Anyhoo, could it be that the financial constraints will still be pretty strict next season? I was hoping and almost assuming that the purse strings will be loosened, but perhaps not. Looking at the untalented lumps in the squad, is there the possibility that the opportunity to over achieve with us is limited and, the better option would be to wrap up a couple more titles in Norway before moving to England with an even bigger reputation?

I hope that RL realises that not only does he need to make a good appointment, but that chP needs some serious funds to revamp our team.

Why do we think David Moyes is totally out of the question?

RL went for him after O'Neill left, wasnt put off and went for him the next year after Houlier left. Yes everyone says he wont leave Everton. Well I would have agreed with this in the past but i think this summer might be different. Rumors are Everton are trying to get him to sign a new contract. He may be thinking its time for a change as his hands are tied there.

Who knows how much RL might give him to rebuild a shocking villa squad. We are only guessing at talks of 8 million being available. Wouldnt be much of a chairman who would tell OGS this in a first formal chat. We are starting to get the wage bill down O'Neill left us with so who knows.

Im convinced if there was a decent budget for players OGS would be our manager now.

We are worse prposition now - than we were each of the 2 previous season . DM has nothing to gain and everything to loose by joining us

Would be a bombshell if he even agreed to discuss it.

Good job I wasnt in the car listening to that. Would have drove off a cliff.

I actually agree with Holloway about the stature of our club and Dave Whelan for that matter. The last 3 manager odds lists have proved how big we are NOT.

That said, Hollways a total arse and I dont want him here.

Is my take on the matter. Just because I agree with holloway does not mean I want him to manage us!

Quote from OGS tonight:

Solskjær to Nettavisen: Aston Villa wanted to have further discussions, but we decided that this was not the right time

So to me that sounds like he was told he was wanted to be the manager

When Mark Hughes was at Blackburn, he was touted as a possible future Man U manager because he was arguably over achieving at the club. Obviously it all went a little askew after that for him though....

RM is often said to be over achieving at Wigan. OGS would obviously want the Man U job one day, but what is classed as over achieving at Villa? Living in Dubai, I'm surrounded by Lots of different clubs fans and it's amazing how little most of them know about us. Tell them we've scored more points in the PL than Spurs and most will cry foul.

Anyhoo, could it be that the financial constraints will still be pretty strict next season? I was hoping and almost assuming that the purse strings will be loosened, but perhaps not. Looking at the untalented lumps in the squad, is there the possibility that the opportunity to over achieve with us is limited and, the better option would be to wrap up a couple more titles in Norway before moving to England with an even bigger reputation?

I hope that RL realises that not only does he need to make a good appointment, but that chP needs some serious funds to revamp our team.

I think you are right.

We will know more about Martinez tomorrow Dave Whelan done an exclusive with local Wigan paper!

No doubt he will be telling the world and his wife that Villa are not big enough for Martinez and what a wonderful club Liverpool are.

Whelan has already spun that bollocks. I doubt that the bloke in Wigan will want to read it again.