General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Why do we think David Moyes is totally out of the question?

RL went for him after O'Neill left, wasnt put off and went for him the next year after Houlier left. Yes everyone says he wont leave Everton. Well I would have agreed with this in the past but i think this summer might be different. Rumors are Everton are trying to get him to sign a new contract. He may be thinking its time for a change as his hands are tied there.

Who knows how much RL might give him to rebuild a shocking villa squad. We are only guessing at talks of 8 million being available. Wouldnt be much of a chairman who would tell OGS this in a first formal chat. We are starting to get the wage bill down O'Neill left us with so who knows.

£8m???? Not even Jesus Christ as the Villa manager could keep us up with the squad we've got, and so little to spend. That MUST be pure speculation or a wind up.

£8m and 50% of players sell on fees was talked about on here last Saturday when OGS went back to Norway. I really hope it was rubbish.

I am beginning to feel that GMAC is going to be our new manager. Wouldn't be my choice, but I would take him over Grayson & Big Mick. That doesn't say a lot. He did do well with the few games he had in charge. Maybe it could work. Hardly inspiring though, but I have a feeling GMac is Lerner's

Nah - He was suggested by Richard Keys and Andy gray on some show tonight - thats why his odds dropped.

Oh the power of Gray & Keys

andy-gray-richard-keys.jpg

RL went for him after O'Neill left, wasnt put off and went for him the next year after Houlier left. Yes everyone says he wont leave Everton. Well I would have agreed with this in the past but i think this summer might be different. Rumors are Everton are trying to get him to sign a new contract. He may be thinking its time for a change as his hands are tied there.

Who knows how much RL might give him to rebuild a shocking villa squad. We are only guessing at talks of 8 million being available. Wouldnt be much of a chairman who would tell OGS this in a first formal chat. We are starting to get the wage bill down O'Neill left us with so who knows.

£8m???? Not even Jesus Christ as the Villa manager could keep us up with the squad we've got, and so little to spend. That MUST be pure speculation or a wind up.

£8m and 50% of players sell on fees was talked about on here last Saturday when OGS went back to Norway. I really hope it was rubbish.

Well if it is then we're doomed already

I'd be livid if we appointed McAllister - not because he's the worst candidate (although he's not high up on my list) but because we could've easily got him last summer and thus avoided the torture that was McLeish.

I've got a bad feeling this. I really do not trust RL or PF to make a good appointment. I fear for another very dull season ahead! Let's hope he pulls something unexpected out of the bag!

I share your reservations, PieFace. What bothers me is that the Villa hierarchy has become aloof, remote and uncommunicative. Most of us here - the paying customers - love this club, it's more than just a business.

If it were just a business, then surely any company which treats its customers with disdain deserves all it gets? It's almost as if they're of the mindset "well, if they don't like what we do at Villa, let them go to Blues or Albion".

Now I wouldn't expect RL/PF to consult us lot, or involve us in the decision making process, but to treat us as if we didn't exist just stinks in my book. A football club ain't like a supermarket!

I watched the press conference and he said: Family was only reason. He was then asked only reason? He then said: and my pride. He did not say a lot on the pride comment, but replied that he felt obliged not to leave a project at such an early stage. But again he then pointed out that the family did not want to leave what had just become 'home'. He could not move his kids again for the second time in only a year.

we can all use any kind of cop out, the family is a great one and readily used these days.

My suspicion is he was told other candidates had to be interviewed and his pride was dented.

rightfully or wrongfully he wanted a feeling of being wanted and he never got it.

The indecision of the club rightfully or wrongfully spooked him in to his own indecision and second thoughts.

Thats my take

I feel the lack of football nous within the club is a major problem to our overall development.

If we wanted Gary McCallister as a manager at any point, why would we have not kept him on when Houllier was let go, rather than go across to Small Heath and get their manager? No chance of that happening.

My money is on Paul Merson.

Not the most inspiring appointment but McAllister has got to be a runner here. He'd probably love the job as well. His parting comments about the club were came across really genuine, like he fell in love with Villa.

McAllister is a non starter. No way will he get the job.

If we wanted Gary McCallister as a manager at any point, why would we have not kept him on when Houllier was let go, rather than go across to Small Heath and get their manager? No chance of that happening.

My money is on Paul Merson.

Quote from OGS tonight:

Solskjær to Nettavisen: Aston Villa wanted to have further discussions, but we decided that this was not the right time.

Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow night, kick off at 6pm, home match (disregard all the handshakes after the match and before) there is more to this than we know. :?:

Care to elaborate on that statement?

Not really but for what its worth, His kids grew up here (all three of them) his wife met him here married him and lived with him and the kids in the UK till he got the job at Molde FK 18 months ago, ok they have a smart new home in Norway, but would my wife stop me from being a money earner to look after the kids and stay in a safe job (two years left)?

No F...ing way she would back me 1000% to get that job.

Not the most inspiring appointment but McAllister has got to be a runner here. He'd probably love the job as well. His parting comments about the club were came across really genuine, like he fell in love with Villa.

And he got sacked by Leeds when they were in div 1(3 if you wish). Not sure were this came from. Maybe its get money on managers that got sacked by leeds and were employeed by Villa at one stage day.

No one knows who the manager is going to be, let alone how much he's going to get to spend. Those figures came from someone that claimed he worked for Talkshite and was sat next to someone that was on the phone to QSF at the time. QSF had called in to say that he was interested in the Villa job, RL had given him £8m + sell ons but Villa decided not to go any further.

Naturally many other posters claimed they could detect the wafting of bovine faeces in the air.

:suspect::detect: