General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I think we did offer it to OGS unofficially.

It explains Kendricks Ah-ha tweet and the lack of any approaches elsewhere.

As soon as you approach someone these days, noise is made. eg Liverpool and Klopp, Rodgers, Martinez, AVB etc etc

Therefore I think our eggs were in th Ole basket.

to me that much is obvious

I don't think it is. Let's face it, the whole OGS thing could (and perhaps should) have gone off without anybody noticing.

If all the eggs were in one basket, then they had made the offer and he indicated that he would accept, to the point that he went home to sort his affairs out that end. He changed his mind. Shit happens, you dust yourself down and move on.

A week on VT wouldn't be the same if there wasn't a feeding frenzy on Messrs Lerner and Faulkner by the resident wolves.

The fact is nobody knows shit, so all this 'he would come here, no one will come here, they've **** up again' is all rubbish.

Let's wait and see.

I agree, ogs was the only one we knew about, he said himself villa have other candidates to speak to.

People seem determined to ignore what solskjaer himself has actually said. He withdrew for family reasons, we didn`t turn him down or not try hard enough.

Clutching at straws, maybe....but I'm warming to the mysterious Domingos Paciencia. Has a pretty good cv and would appear to tick a goodly few of the criteria boxes. He's 45 and apparently speaks fluent English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domingos_Paci%C3%AAncia

Could he be the "wild card"?

Read it all and in no way does it state he speaks Fluent English, Not that i'm against it "i just wonder about his knowledge of premier league football?"

Anyone else ever thought it might be because of our own thetrees we don't have OGS as manager? I'd he hadn't told the world Randy's private plans they might have had the time and privacy to do a deal

I think you'll find the leak came from within Molde Fk and photos from Norwegian press of Randy's plane, The trees had **** all to do with it apart from leaking it to us before the media.

That is something that was apparently going around on Twitter earlier.

Perhaps that's the case. I am not sure that the Norwegian media would have picked up on the aircraft arriving.

Stan Collymore has apparently had something to say about it on Twitter also, but that made me feel better, not because he is a vile woman beater, but because maybe we saved from the club entering into a contract with a man whose personal circumstances made his heart lay elsewhere. We have had too many instances in the past of people signing generous contracts and not fulfilling their part of the deal. Collymore's was one of the biggest examples.

As soon as you approach someone these days, noise is made. eg Liverpool and Klopp, Rodgers, Martinez, AVB etc etc

I don't think it is. Let's face it, the whole OGS thing could (and perhaps should) have gone off without anybody noticing.

If all the eggs were in one basket, then they had made the offer and he indicated that he would accept, to the point that he went home to sort his affairs out that end. He changed his mind. Shit happens, you dust yourself down and move on.

A week on VT wouldn't be the same if there wasn't a feeding frenzy on Messrs Lerner and Faulkner by the resident wolves.

The fact is nobody knows shit, so all this 'he would come here, no one will come here, they've **** up again' is all rubbish.

Let's wait and see.

I have said on the Faulkner thread that I do not blame himfor OGS nt wanting the job.

However why discuss a "non-offer" with your family? It doesn't make sense. I don't think a contract was put in front of him but I do think he was told that we want him to manage us.

MM has already said that Kendrick is the most ITK. I also believe that. He was saying all week that OGS was in pole position and then posts "Take on Me" as a cryptic clue which is later deleted. Now he has gone dark and there is no "noise" about anyone else.

I think it is fairly logical to suggest we told OGS that we wanted to hire him.

Let's wait and see.

I have said on the Faulkner thread that I do not blame himfor OGS nt wanting the job.

However why discuss a "non-offer" with your family? It doesn't make sense. I don't think a contract was put in front of him but I do think he was told that we want him to manage us.

MM has already said that Kendrick is the most ITK. I also believe that. He was saying all week that OGS was in pole position and then posts "Take on Me" as a cryptic clue which is later deleted. Now he has gone dark and there is no "noise" about anyone else.

Molde were putting the pressure on him to decide , not us. So he withdrew.

Let's wait and see.

To be fair to PF and RL they surprised and excited me with their choice of OGS. However, Houllier and McLeish were very poor choices.

I hope I am wrong, but I suspect that the man who becomes manager is going to disappoint alot of people.

Let's wait and see.

Your right the trees, we dont know shit. What we are able to do is look back on the past and see what comes up....

What comes up is many posts saying lets wait and see.... or be patient....

and then we end up with shite!!

So while we have no option but to wait and see, I see absolutely no reason at all to have any confidence we are going to get anyone good. And the Solskjaer/Lambert and Martinez (last season and Whelan saying this time, he wont be coming here) snubs support that.

Let's wait and see.

again I absolutely agree, what else was the conversation with Lerner about

I'm guessing an appointment late June early July leaving **** all time to spend money

Do not be naive people

Yet wait till he sees lack of ticket sales until then

Be afraid be very afraid

Grayson now third fav at 11/2

Means nothing

McCarthy was odds on favourite 10 days ago

Agreed bookies **** raking it in at the mo....

people blaming the tree are way off. Given the circumstances Mcleish left under, I fully expect any potential managers to be leaked in the local press. They will want to gauge fan reaction. Look how much closer Kendrick and others are to the club these days.

Let's wait and see.

Your right the trees, we dont know shit. What we are able to do is look back on the past and see what comes up....

What comes up is many posts saying lets wait and see.... or be patient....

and then we end up with shite!!

So while we have no option but to wait and see, I see absolutely no reason at all to have any confidence we are going to get anyone good. And the Solskjaer/Lambert and Martinez (last season and Whelan saying this time, he wont be coming here) snubs support that.

It highlights the desperate need for us to have a football man on the board. Someone who can let PF concentrate on the commercial side, which to be fair, I think he is excellent at. WHile letting someone else develop a vision and direction for the club.

Anyone else ever thought it might be because of our own thetrees we don't have OGS as manager? I'd he hadn't told the world Randy's private plans they might have had the time and privacy to do a deal

I think you'll find the leak came from within Molde Fk and photos from Norwegian press of Randy's plane, The trees had **** all to do with it apart from leaking it to us before the media.

That is something that was apparently going around on Twitter earlier.

Perhaps that's the case. I am not sure that the Norwegian media would have picked up on the aircraft arriving.

Stan Collymore has apparently had something to say about it on Twitter also, but that made me feel better, not because he is a vile woman beater, but because maybe we saved from the club entering into a contract with a man whose personal circumstances made his heart lay elsewhere. We have had too many instances in the past of people signing generous contracts and not fulfilling their part of the deal. Collymore's was one of the biggest examples.

Here here..