General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Last year the board went for a young, exciting manager with a good footballing ethos. It didn't come to fruition and we ended up with him, that shall not be named.

Surely they've learned enough to ensure history doesn't repeat itself?

We will know more about Martinez tomorrow Dave Whelan done an exclusive with local Wigan paper!

No doubt he will be telling the world and his wife that Villa are not big enough for Martinez and what a wonderful club Liverpool are.

Quote from OGS tonight:

Solskjær to Nettavisen: Aston Villa wanted to have further discussions, but we decided that this was not the right time

So to me that sounds like he was told he was wanted to be the manager

Yes pretty clear.

Initial discussions identified what the whole package was, including vision and strategy for the team, he went away said no thanks, Villa said well lets talk and he said no thanks, final answer.

Quote from OGS tonight:

Solskjær to Nettavisen: Aston Villa wanted to have further discussions, but we decided that this was not the right time

To be fair to OGS he has spoken and acted completely respectfully towards Aston Villa at all times, which shows the quality of the individual.

I sincerely hope that we do not have another managerial search for several years, but if we were to, I would have no qualms about him becoming our manager at a later time and would welcome him with open arms.

The sad thing is. The managers we keep failing to land - arent even proven and by no means guaranteed to be succesfull.

Im fully prepared for Grayson or Southgate. Anything better - a bonus. Anything worse - God help us

To be fair to OGS he has spoken and acted completely respectfully towards Aston Villa at all times, which shows the quality of the individual.

Completely disagree. If he had any respect to the club he'd have thought about the 'family implications' before he got on Randy's plane.

Quote from OGS tonight:

Yes pretty clear.

Initial discussions identified what the whole package was, including vision and strategy for the team, he went away said no thanks, Villa said well lets talk and he said no thanks, final answer.

:D

I know a lot of mythology originates from Norway Richard, so is this your modern take on it?

You write it like you were in the room......

Oh dear. So reports were right to a degree. No offer was made. But we certainly wanted him to become our manager. It does demonstrate how far we have fallen when a manager of Molde football club turns us down. Ok, maybe it wasn't the right time. I don't buy the family issues. It has all fallen through due to the fall-out this whole debacle created, that neither Lerner or Solksjær envisaged.

Move on now.

Quote from OGS tonight:

I think he was put under an enormous amount of pressure by the board and the backers to stay. I think he thought it best to pull in his tail before it got worse and he may have been fired with no job to go to.

Or his wife saw how we treated the last manager and thought sod that! :lol:

OGS says no offer however we requested further discussions!

I can't help but wonder had Røkke said:"Bless you my friend,you gave us the league title and although it's a bit sooner than we hoped I will not stand in your way".

Would he be sitting in Molde citing family reasons today?

people blaming the tree are way off. Given the circumstances Mcleish left under, I fully expect any potential managers to be leaked in the local press. They will want to gauge fan reaction. Look how much closer Kendrick and others are to the club these days.

James Nursery in past few days has been consistent....Ole is a "Good Candidate" but we have other "Great options".....these words have come from high in the food chain well before yesterday.

:idea: Keep the faith

The sad thing is. The managers we keep failing to land - arent even proven and by no means guaranteed to be succesfull.

Im fully prepared for Grayson or Southgate. Anything better - a bonus. Anything worse - God help us

Which is why we need a football man on the board with a vision.

I don't think PF & RL are selling AVFC at all well. Which makes me think is there maybe no money this summer?

I can't help but wonder had Røkke said:"Bless you my friend,you gave us the league title and although it's a bit sooner than we hoped I will not stand in your way".

If they initial offer / discussions had been attractive enough it wouldn't have mattered what Rokke had said

It's strange how the calm, thoughtful comments from our Norwegian friends seem far more plausible than the rants of UK based wolves who decide what was said in private meetings and try to present it as fact.

ok - eyes down for another night of manager spotting - prime time 10.30 approaching:-

Villa Talk Page Open - Check

Oddschecker Open - Check

Newsnow open - Check

Twitter Open - check

OGS thread open - x

Tonights opening gambits

1.From Nowhere Gary Mcallister - in @ 7-2 (Gulp)

2.Alan Curbishley - from 30-1 to 12-1

Curbs is probably process of elimination - but he has been overlooked twice by villa - would they go for hom now..

No idea why GMAC is in there ?