General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Can't see Lambert going to Liverpool. They will need a BIG name to appease the fans.

I wouldn't be surprised to see AVB at Anfield next season.

Louis van Gaal or Capello for Liverpool IMO.

The yank has binned King Kenny and only a marquee name will appease the Kop faithful.

AVB was poor at Chelsea so I dont think the fans will like him.

Would love it if they appointed McLeish, I wonder if Fergie has sent a letter to Anfield :lol:

All the media will be jizzing over who the mighty Liverpool will bring in next and will not discuss Villa again until we have announced our new manager.

Thank **** for that. Get things done nice and quietly.

Although the pressure is now on Faulkner & Lerner to appoint the right man quickly.

Maybe we could get the odds on McCarthy to Liverpool shortened with some calculated tweets.

Why is Martinez nailed on for Liverpool? I agree he's doing a good job at Wigan but everyone seems utterly convinced...I wonder if it's got any foundation whatsoever.

Personally, I can see the owners having talks with Benitez - he'd love a second crack at the whip and half the players there already know/love him...

All the media will be jizzing over who the mighty Liverpool will bring in next and will not discuss Villa again until we have announced our new manager.

Thank **** for that. Get things done nice and quietly.

Although the pressure is now on Faulkner & Lerner to appoint the right man quickly.

Maybe we could get the odds on McCarthy to Liverpool shortened with some calculated tweets.

Fair point actually. Makes things a lot easier for us just as long as Liverpool aren't after the same man we are.

Fabio "I speak a good a english" could be a shout for Plop.

AVB won't get the job there IMO. I think he will go Europe some where, Italy maybe.

Roberto has been linked with Liverpool for sometime so don't be too shocked if he went (DW must be shitting it now after his stupid comments today).

Rafa could return as many fans want him back.

Unless Randy has a top name he is thinking of I still think PL is our number 1 target.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Maybe now Randy will have to give the chosen manager more funds to fend off Liverscum.

Look I think we can all agree that any managerial appointment would be a risk.

I don’t think anyone could criticise the club for taking what would amount to an informed gamble on Lambert, Rodgers or Martinez.

All of them to different degrees have shown enough ability to suspect they can go on to better things. And for all of them Villa represents a step up.

Any appointment can go wrong. Look at Chelsea and AVB, Inter and Benitez. While we are on the other end of the spectrum the job requires just as much skill.

We just have to be sure that the clubs liability is reduced if the worst case scenario arises. Contracts should contain performance related bonuses, and below 40 pts release clauses and to be fair a minimum release clause.

If anyone is against the appointment of any of Lambert, Rodgers or Martinez. could you please explain why? and explain who you would appoint and why?

I am all for Martinez because of the way his teams play football. He started all the good work at Swansea and his work at Wigan is nothing short of miraculous. Wigan always play neat and tidy football and he has a style and ethos that he sticks to. When the chips were down at Wigan rather than do a mcleish and put 9 behind the ball he changed to 3-4-3 formation and had a go.

Rodgers has also had a similar career path. has been on the coaching staff at a big club and has managed small teams on low budgets and agin like Martinez has a nice style of football and does not change it.

Rodgers and Martinez also come across well in the media.

Lambert is a no for me, I dont like the man at all. he has a dour attitude and comes across as miserable and unispiring.

I dont like his style of play at all, its very direct and I though apart from Blackburn that Norwich were one of the most shambolic teams at VP this year.

I dont another miserable dour scottish manager at VP and while he would be better than McLeish I dont think he can take us forward.

I would be disappointed with Lambert being appointed.

I think you may be underestimating Lambert and his style of play.

This may be an interesting read for you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/13/paul-lambert-norwich-swansea

The more I think about it the more I want to see Platt given a crack

By the look at him recently he looks like he has already had a good crack.. At McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut. Dont think Alex's old chair could handle him.