General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Mcwotsisname to AVB?

Now would'nt that be from the ridiculous to the sublime :lol:

Lambert, Martinez to be realisistic.....but possibly the FSW as an outside bet?

it all depends on whether randy is willing to open the chequebook or not i suppose

True. Rafa would want a pretty hefty warchest.

I don't care who we have as next manager however good his pedigree is & the brand of entertaining football he has in his portfolio.

Unless Lerner & Faulkner have the balls to get rid of some of the overpaid alleged drink sodden assets he will inherit,

it won't make an awful lot of difference.

Saying that Norwich have alot of talented English players & Lambert seems to have brought the best out of players who seem genuinely to love playing football regardless of the size of their pay packet & the size of the club they play for me as the type who would stand for too much nonsense.

Martinez or Lambert would be OK for me, but I think Lambert would get the best out of our youngsters.

Is AVB unrealistic?

I think so, but no harm in checking if he's interested.

AVB? We are deluded. It was Ancelloti last year and we ended up dodging McLaren to end up with Mcleish.

Well if you don't ask you'll never know. Not expecting him to have any interest, but why not give him a call and see?

Glen Hoddle for me still think he is a great coach with something to prove .

Can't see it being Lambert because of the likeness to ONeil but wouldn't mind him .

Martinez think he has bigger fish to fry than us and him turning us down can't see them going back in for him .

Poyet would be interesting my gut feel keeps telling me its going to be Lee Clarke

Dan Pallett ‏ @Dan_Pallett

#villa say they have a young enthusiastic team so want a young enthusiastic manager and want him in place soon. Lerner flying in this week

villa have a young enthusiastic team that also has no quality in it what so ever.

Apart from Bent, Given,Ireland and occasionaly Nzogbia the rest of the team are pretty talentless.

Its going to take a lot more than a young enthusiatic manager

Can't see it being Lambert because of the likeness to ONeil but wouldn't mind him

Like MON Lambert supposedly models himself on Clough. This bit worried me about Lambert too MM.

Always liked Lee Clarke as a player and he did seem to be a capable coach.... but why did Huddersfield sack him when they were 4th in the table is my question?!!

Can't see it being Lambert because of the likeness to ONeil but wouldn't mind him .

Martinez think he has bigger fish to fry than us and him turning us down can't see them going back in for him .

Poyet would be interesting my gut feel keeps telling me its going to be Lee Clarke

Lee Clark is a bit of a random pick, what makes you go for him?

Personally I think it is between Lambert and Martinez.

Lambert would have an immediate impact whereas Martinez would take time to develop things here.

I thnk Lambert would get the best out of what have currently. As Kendrick pointed out, though, his closeness to O'Neill may prove a sticking point.

Martinez would need substantial backing in order to get a team capable of playing his system. I would like him here, but it might be messy fo a year.

I'd like to us look abroad though. Perhaps we should go German. Klinsman for a giggle?

I agree MM, Hoddle would be my choice too.

Id be more than happy with Martinez, Lambert or Poyet either, in that order.

I being more convinced its not Lambert - had faulkner gone - then maybe -but I really don't see lambert.

I still think Gus Poyet - maybe with a dof coming in.

At worst - if we get turned down by all and sundy - Curbishley. Not exciting I know - but I think he would get us mid table.

Dan Pallett ‏ @Dan_Pallett

#villa say they have a young enthusiastic team so want a young enthusiastic manager and want him in place soon. Lerner flying in this week

villa have a young enthusiastic team that also has no quality in it what so ever.

Apart from Bent, Given,Ireland and occasionaly Nzogbia the rest of the team are pretty talentless.Its going to take a lot more than a young enthusiatic manager

I can't accept that... Villa's young guns were ALL over Man Utd's youngsters this week in the Reserve North V South play off final. Absolutely outclassed them in front of Mcleish & Ferguson.

Dan Pallett on Midlands today reckons Martinez is hot favourite for the job.

Oh joy if that's right........ get ready for Whelan milking the limelight on SSN like last Summer

if we still talking about the promising academy kids - then the gravity of the situation hasn't been grasped imo

Well from my perspective it's entirely the point to be grasped....

we need a squad of seniors who compliment the talent we have coming through....players who lead by example and help & nurture them and who have the interests of Aston Villa FC short term & long term.

Players like Stilian Petrov....who care.

Instead of having any players remaining who are just a bad influence on the youngsters and couldn't care a hoot about anyone but themselves.