General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

So Julie, if you were a bookie, what odds would you be giving on the front runners at the moment?

My hunch is it's Lambert....like I said earlier and yesterday.

But I'm not totally convinced he's necessarily been the No 1 target all along.

ESPN Soccernet ‏@ESPNSoccernet

Roberto Martinez was set to meet Whelan in Guernsey, but is delayed in Manchester by fog. Whelan has had no contact from anyone at Villa.

Surely we would've contacted him by now if we wanted to speak to him?

I am in Bolton. There is no fog here at all.

Maybe not, but the flight from Manchester to Jersey is showing as delayed by two hours from 1215 to 1415.

I really do not think Lambert is an option for us. I appreciate what Wiz is saying about the man, and I think he is correct in what he is saying. I have a buddy who is a norwich fan and he is basically saying the same thing. However, things do happen in football so it really is a case of wait and see.

I do not want us to hire someone who is working in the prem at the moment. I want someone fresh who is going to come in and really try to do something.

Martinez - been in the prem a few years now and consistently fighting at the bottom, normally with newly promoted teams. He is young and maybe has a few tactical skills, but he is not the man for us.

Lambert - safe option, but need to see how he gets on next season to determine if I think he is any good or not.

Rodgers - best out the three, but again needs another season with Swansea to see what damage he can really do. I believe he will go on to be a decent manager.

I DO NOT WANT ANY OF THESE AT VILLA NEXT SEASON.

RANDY PLEASE TREAT US AFTER THE LAST MESS UPS.

Exactly this - I've been saying that Villa needs a young manager who has fresh ideas and doesn't have the "UK"-baggage.

I still think RL&PF are going for manager outside UK, and might have a real surprise up their sleeve.

To be fair, last season I was desperate for Lambert to be our manager, If it weren't for the OGS thing that would still be the case now. I really hope this comes through.

The only thing I hope with PL is that he has a good scouting network with him. We need to try and emulate what Newcastle have done, and not do what MON did.

ESPN Soccernet ‏@ESPNSoccernet

Roberto Martinez was set to meet Whelan in Guernsey, but is delayed in Manchester by fog. Whelan has had no contact from anyone at Villa.

Surely we would've contacted him by now if we wanted to speak to him?

I am in Bolton. There is no fog here at all.

Maybe not, but the flight from Manchester to Jersey is showing as delayed by two hours from 1215 to 1415.

Someone call Manchester Airport and ask them to page Mr Martinez to a white courtesy phone :)

My concern with Lambert is would he be able to attract the non-british players? This was a problem we had under MONs reign and think it will be under Lambert if he is the man.

Not another British manager. Please not Lambert. He will probably go buy Holt for 7 million. Plus his interviews are annoying. Reminds me of MON. This is shit.

My concern with Lambert is would he be able to attract the non-british players? This was a problem we had under MONs reign and think it will be under Lambert if he is the man.

I doubt Pardew was that big a name to most of the qaulity foreigners he's bought.

I doubt Pardew was that big a name to most of the qaulity foreigners he's bought.

Isn't that down to Graham Carr though?

While there is nothing wrong with buying british players, deep down we all know it is the foreign players who capture the imagination.

Just look at Newcastle the likes of Ben Arfa, Cisse, Cabeye all capture the imagination of the fans.

We are desperately looking for a manager who has the ability to attract such players. For me Paul Lambert is not that man.