General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Wiz, we're probably not going to poach your manager so he doesn't need to move. Can you please bugger off back to your own forum and stop provoking reactions from Villa fans, please?

Fixed.

If you have an in the know journalist that goes quiet at key times, as a fan, you begin to wonder what the real point of journalism is. It becomes little more than club-sanctioned soundbites. It's completely pointless. I can read all the saccharin crap on the official website :rant:

:nod: :thumb:

Although even 'in the know' journalists need a holiday. It's just bad timing that his is before we appoint our new manager. Would you suggest he should avoid taking any time off just in case he misses out on a scoop?

Although even 'in the know' journalists need a holiday. It's just bad timing that his is before we appoint our new manager. Would you suggest he should avoid taking any time off just in case he misses out on a scoop?

Oh come on. No-one's complaining about people taking holidays. It's the previous fortnight that I think some have slight issues with ITK journalists being quieter than they could otherwise have been.

If you have an in the know journalist that goes quiet at key times, as a fan, you begin to wonder what the real point of journalism is. It becomes little more than club-sanctioned soundbites. It's completely pointless. I can read all the saccharin crap on the official website :rant:

He must have booked his Club 18-30 holiday months ago.

Not only do I think he would come to us should we make a concrete offer, I think he'd seriously consider at least 17 other sides in the division too.

That's not a dig at Norwich, who I am quite fond of dating back to the old First Division days. But clubs like Olbiyun are way ahead of them now revenue wise, and would probably provide him with a better opportunity to progress. West Ham- if Fat Sam has a bad start- could be looking at a new manager, Southampton have decent financial backing and so on and so forth.

Let's not forget, the core of that Norwich side was with them in the third tier not so long back. And their best player last season was a jobbing, journeyman CF who had the season of his life. PL would have to ask himself can he realistically get a similar reaction from that squad of players again this season. That would seem to depend heavily on continued good form from an aging forward (and isn't Morison 29/30 too?) to get them the goals they need, as -even in a season where Norwich exceeded expectations- their defence was suspect, shipping 60+ goals.

The romantic in me would like to see him stay there and re establish Norwich in the topflight. But Lambert -like MON- seems to be a political animal. It's unlikely sentiment will come into it when he feels the time is right to jump. It didn't at Colchester.

Express and Star have the 3rd man as RDM

Poyet has been strongly linked as well as RDM.

I still think it will be Lambert but that's just a hunch & based on what I've been told last week or so because whatever Wiz says ... he IS in serious contention for the vacant job and Norwich are aware.

When it's being openly tweeted that said manager is on £800K per annum on a rolling 12 mnth contract by Norwich fans on twitter - then if that figure is true...then a club like AVFC would have no problem in blowing those figures away.

It's all about the money, the money as the song goes.

I'm with BOF. I understand MM says he knows more than any others but all Kendrick seems to have done is report a few things after it's mostly broken anyway. Mat's a nice guy but I'm not all that impressed to be honest.

kin embarrassing if we're chasing the Norwich manager

Good luck to norwich, i hope he stays put

You won't be happy unless we unveil Mourinho.

Laudrup

Benitez

Klinsmann

He'll probably have his articles written for the unveiling of Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers etc. already. They just need to be published which he won't need to be there for.

I'm with BOF. I understand MM says he knows more than any others but all Kendrick seems to have done is report a few things after it's mostly broken anyway. Mat's a nice guy but I'm not all that impressed to be honest.
I have no problem with Mat. Mine is a larger problem with the 'game' that must be played in order to stay pally with clubs. You shouldn't have to stay pally with clubs. As long as you play fair, you should be able to reveal what you know. That might mean they don't tell you as much, but at least then it keeps the lines clear. It leaves it up to the journalist to find stuff out but it then means he can tell you everything he knows. But this way, he gets told more, but can't tell anyone, and the price that's paid for this cosey relationship with the club is that the journalist is under a level of their control.

Laudrup

Benitez

Klinsmann

Let's be realistic now. At best I'd say, based on our squad and past few seasons, we'd be lucky to be rated in the top 10 of the Premier League. Also our stock in Europe is almost 0 due to lack of European football. The above 3 would probably respond with "Aston who?"

Laudrup

Benitez

Klinsmann

Let's be realistic now. At best I'd say, based on our squad and past few seasons, we'd be lucky to be rated in the top 10 of the Premier League. Also our stock in Europe is almost 0 due to lack of European football. The above 3 would probably respond with "Aston who?"

Nope.