General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Can I ask an honest question in the hope of getting an honest answer? What is exactly attractive about the Villa job at this moment in time?

- Great stadium.

- Good owner willing to back financially, after the wage bill is lowered slightly. (After the likes of Dunne/ Warnock/ Collins/ Petrov end their ridiculous contracts, we'll have more money to spend on reasonable wages/ transfer funds).

- Some decent Prem players in Bent, Given, N'Zogbia, Dunne, Gabby (sometimes)

- Young players that have proved they can perform in the Premier League, just not consistantly yet (as is expected of youngsters): Clark, Wiemann, Herd, Lichaj, Bannan, Albrighton

- More promising youngsters coming through: Gardner, Carruthers, Delfouneso..

- The fact that, even in our 'cost cutting year', the owner still backed the manager with £20m to spend

- Any manager will get a fairly free ride for the first few years, if they simply avoid a relegation battle and pass the ball along the floor every now and then.

1. No arguments with the stadium but its been half full far too long and with the wrong appointment a new manager will be seeing empty seats.

2. Id agree we have a good owner who doesnt interfer for the most part and lets a manager conduct his business. However, we will struggle to sell those players you mentioned above, not only because of their poor form but also ludicrous wages.

3. You've already mentioned selling Dunne & Gabby was woeful for 99% of last season. Bent, Given & N'Zogbia on their day are good players but that is only 3 players you have to pick 11 for your first team.

4. These young players need to be coming off the bench or playing in cups but at the moment are starting more than their fair share of games.

5. Gardner & Carruthers are in the same bracket as above allbeit probably have a higher ceeling however Delfouneso has been in the since 2008, time to cut our losses here I think.

6. £20million, but we sold Young & Downing for larger sums, so our net spend was negative.

7. Lastly, few years is an exageration as if results arent satisfactory by late September people will get on the mans back unless it is a very excitable appointment.

Supposed ITK's have lost the little credibility they had this summer

Not Fourth Official. If there is one Twitter ITK that is genuine, it is them.

Ah the guy that said OGS was our new manager. Done and dusted. Then he deleted the tweet.

Ah the guy that said OGS was our new manager. Done and dusted. Then he deleted the tweet.

Concur with this. He did state that OGS was our new manager as did a few other supposed ITKs on twitter.

Anyone can change their mind beforehand so nothing is ever set in concrete in football, even if people have genuine intel.

And just because managers are interviewed does not mean they will become the manager of any club neither.

How were they supposed to know that OGS would change his mind?

Trust me, Fourth Official is 100% reliable. I've been following them for over a year and they consistently get stuff spot on.

I think we need to accept that OGS had a change of heart. Anyone who had ITK on him had good reason to. I don't take OGS's last minute change as being any proof that the more trusted ITKers are full of bull.

Can I ask an honest question in the hope of getting an honest answer? What is exactly attractive about the Villa job at this moment in time?

Are you actually flippin serious?!! :x

Engage your brain there for a minute and you will realise that we are in the top 30 biggest clubs in world football both by revenue and wages.

In England we have the 2 Manchester Clubs, 3 London Clubs and Liverpool who are ahead of us.

Outside of England the top 4 in Spain, the top 3 in Germany the top 4-5 in Italy and the top 2-3 in France.

The Villa job is a massive job in club football. We just need our board to sell it right.

I think we need to accept that OGS had a change of heart. Anyone who had ITK on him had good reason to. I don't take OGS's last minute change as being any proof that the more trusted ITKers are full of bull.

How can anyone have ITK that it is a done deal. How can it be, if no contract was signed?

I accept OGS was probably our 1st choice and I believe he was probably offered the job. It is the "done" bit I query.

Engage your brain there for a minute and you will realise that we are in the top 30 biggest clubs in world football both by revenue and wages.

In England we have the 2 Manchester Clubs, 3 London Clubs and Liverpool who are ahead of us.

Outside of England the top 4 in Spain, the top 3 in Germany the top 4-5 in Italy and the top 2-3 in France.

The Villa job is a massive job in club football. We just need our board to sell it right.

Dont forget the £2m a season you'll get paid for doing it - and the inevitable £2m Pay-Off 12months later when the fans hound you out !!

But what players have we got Given, Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ireland, Nzogbia, Makoun, Gabby & Bent. The majority of people on here want the back 4 gone so that leaves us with Given, Ireland, Nzogbia, Makoun, Gabby & Bent and a few kids. Ive no doubting that the villa job is a huge job but we are in right trouble of going down at the minute without an overhaul of the squad, we simply have not got the quality we used to have. Its not so long ago we had a back line with Mellberg Laursen Bouma. A midfield with Young Barry Petrov Milner. What have we got at the moment?

How can anyone have ITK that it is a done deal. How can it be, if no contract was signed?

I accept OGS was probably our 1st choice and I believe he was probably offered the job. It is the "done" bit I query.

Well he did state that if Villa make him an offer then he will leave.

If the ITK then got intel that we were going to make it offer, people would then assume it's a done deal.

If the ITK then got intel that we were going to make it offer, people would then assume it's a done deal.

to be fair i could assume given "intel" by someone that the world is a giant pie floating in a sea of HP sauce. i woudl still be wrong.

It isn't done til the contract is signed.

They guessed and got it wrong. Hence why they deleted the tweet.

But what players have we got Given, Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ireland, Nzogbia, Makoun, Gabby & Bent. The majority of people on here want the back 4 gone so that leaves us with Given, Ireland, Nzogbia, Makoun, Gabby & Bent and a few kids. Ive no doubting that the villa job is a huge job but we are in right trouble of going down at the minute without an overhaul of the squad, we simply have not got the quality we used to have. Its not so long ago we had a back line with Mellberg Laursen Bouma. A midfield with Young Barry Petrov Milner. What have we got at the moment?

Chnage your question then - you asked about why the Villa job would be attractive and got the answer, also add in one of the top training facilities in the league.

So your question is what will any potential manager think of our squad?