General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Anyone who thinks RDM was the reason they 'won' the euro cup needs their head looking at.

Chelsea won it because the billy big bollox players got rid of AVB. All they did then was revert to type. They did not win anything BECAUSE RDM was in charge.

so how comes ancelotti and mourinho didnt win it then based with the same core of players?

i just find it unbelievable that people dismiss RDM's role in their win. its ridiculous.

This.

RDM has achieved what the others tried and failed to do with pretty much the same players.

Going on this logic Avram Grant its a great manager who had the misfortune of not having Bayern completely **** up their penalties in CL final...

Martinez has done a fantastic job on a shoestring budget! People keep saying Bruce, does Martinez have Cattermole, Valencia, Palacios, Heskey, Bramble. All players sold for big money, but not reinvested.

You were doing so well until you mentioned Bramble.......

Going on this logic Avram Grant its a great manager who had the misfortune of not having Bayern completely **** up their penalties in CL final...

Good point.

If Terry hadn't slipped Avram Grant would be a champions league winning manager.

RDM is not the man we need. He's not going to come in and change our approach. I don't think he's the man to come and build something over the next 5 years.

Southgate and Kenny Mac linked with it now. Possibly together as some reports suggest.

Southgate and K-Mac, that'll bring the buzz back to Villa Park...

Clearly, OGS went and listened to Lerner / Faulkner and didn't like the sound of what he heard

No, he didn`t want to up root his family. That`s clear, because he told us.

However, as our Norwegian friend has already told us, he has had offers from PL clubs previously and so must had already had the family conversation. I believe he is using that as an excuse as he didn't like what he heard.

If Man U managers job came knocking, do you think he would turn the opportunity down? I don't.

Did he actually have the offer to become Villa manager?

I don't see how that is relevant to the argument.

Maybe he didn't even want to bother talking to his family about moving to England when the other PL offers came in because he didn't want to join those clubs?

Bruce got Wigan to 9th whereas under Martinez they've gone backwards

For the record I'm not advocating we get Bruce

I am saying this myth about Martinez needs to be exploded

Bruce got Wigan to 9th whereas under Martinez they've gone backwards

For the record I'm not advocating we get Bruce

I am saying this myth about Martinez needs to be exploded

Which is precisely why we should let liverpool uncover the myth that is Martinez being a decent manager and not us

I cannot see him lasting more than 12 months at the scouse King Kenny lasted 12 months and was considered a legend so i doubt Martinez will last any longer same as Hodgson

Southgate and Kenny Mac linked with it now. Possibly together as some reports suggest.

disaster

look at the teams they played that year in CL, they just about beat liverpool to get to the final

RDM, came back from the dead against napol,i beat barcelona and then munich at their own ground in the final. that is just a silly argument, grant and RDM are two completely different a mangers. just because one failed doesnt mean the other will go same way

people are gpoing on like we are a CL club, we should be very welcoming if RDM came here.

It's very quiet.. too quiet.. either a deal has been done with ole and we announce after mid season for molde.. or they really got no idea what to do next. No itk no rumours.. media have no idea whatsoever.. I think our board is sweating on this decision....

It's very quiet.. too quiet.. either a deal has been done with ole and we announce after mid season for molde.. or they really got no idea what to do next. No itk no rumours.. media have no idea whatsoever.. I think our board is sweating on this decision....
Or maybe a deal has been done with somebody else? That's even more plausible.

You're right though. It is very quiet. I must admit I'm starting to worry that the board have **** up again and don't know what they're doing. Time will tell I guess, but we have absolutely no idea what is going on.