General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Seeing as things are quiet, maybe it's time to suggest a possible explanation for events over the last 10 days, which will a) be food for discussion and B) annoy briny_ear (mwahahahaaa).

- The club get in contact with OGS, having done a bit of homework on him.

- Initial discussions are good, and he tentatively agrees to become the Villa manager, but doesn't want to drop Molde in it.

- RL flies him to Brum for further talks but there's a leak and Molde's financial backer finds out.

- There is a surge of support from Villa fans for the idea of OGS as manager.

- The proverbial tomato hits the fan in Norway and Rokke threatens to withdraw his support. OGS is not happy with Rokke

Now the next bit is a combination of wishful thinking and wishfully-reading-between-the-lines:

- OGS realises if he ups sticks Molde will be left without financial support, but he still wants to manage Villa.

- OGS and Villa have further talks where a cunning plan is hatched.

- OGS and Rokke sign a new contract, whereby Rokke commits his finances to Molde in return for a change in OGS's contract.

- The change in OGS's contract improves the terms for Molde, but not to a price that Villa aren't willing to pay.

- OGS resigns himself to managing Molde for an unspecified number of additional games (until the 1st of June, say).

- Villa bide their time before putting in an offer for OGS.

- Molde accept the offer, since they are assured of Rokke's backing and are getting a nice payout from Villa.

Well?

-

Liverpool and Henry are notorious for being quiet on deals they are making yet they tell the fans who they are talking to and when they plan to do it. Why does RL tell the fans nothing about the management process??? Is it because they are talking to nobody??? I reckon thats why. The only statement they said is they arent waiting on Liverpool to pick their manager. Why tell us that??? Is it because they have nothing else to tell us is my guess and that was a strange thing to tell us in the first place. Trying to fool the fans into thinking they are doing something. Sure he is even away back to the states until Tuesday. I hope i am proved wrong but the lack of info they provide to fans who are the foundations of the club makes me sick.

We're all frustrated and would like to know what's going on, but I'm sorry but that is an absolute crock of shit that Liverpool keep the fans in the loop at every step of the way.

The only reason we know about Martinez through a soundbite (excluding the photo), is because of that gobshite Dave Whelan. They've never come out and said anything about AVB, Rafa, Lambert or anyone.

I may be in a minority, but I believe OGS was not our first choice. I really think that if he was then we would have got him. Randy needs the fans back on side. Not because he wouldn't be able to take a few chants, but to protect his investment. It's the only logical business decision as they NEED season ticket money, merchandise sales and a the TV revenue. Without the feel good factor, and a better style of play, youo can be sure that Sky will be broadcasting the contractual minimum amount of games - coming live from an empty stadium near you.

If they could have solved all their problems by offering OGS the job, they would have done it, unless they feel they have someone better lined up.

Are they going to tell you or me who that person is? Of course not. I know it's hard to have patience, especially with their poor track record, but I believe this search is different to the last, because it was such a monumental **** up with McLeish. If cost cutting was the only consideration before, then Randy knows he can't get away with it again - for his own sake.

We've seen in another thread that AV is the 19th richest brand in world football, ahead of Newcastle. Randy is going to have to spend to keep the brand up their, protect his investment and maintain a high sell on price.

This managerial appointment is the biggest decision his team have had to make, so I'll give a couple of weeks to make it as I'm sure no one knows how important it is to get right more than Randy and Faulkner this time around.

Finally some sanity...

Seeing as things are quiet, maybe it's time to suggest a possible explanation for events over the last 10 days, which will a) be food for discussion and B) annoy briny_ear (mwahahahaaa).

- Initial discussions are good, and he tentatively agrees to become the Villa manager, but doesn't want to drop Molde in it.

- RL flies him to Brum for further talks but there's a leak and Molde's financial backer finds out.

- The proverbial tomato hits the fan in Norway and Rokke threatens to withdraw his support. OGS is not happy with Rokke

Now the next bit is a combination of wishful thinking and wishfully-reading-between-the-lines:

- OGS realises if he ups sticks Molde will be left without financial support, but he still wants to manage Villa.

- OGS and Rokke sign a new contract, whereby Rokke commits his finances to Molde in return for a change in OGS's contract.

- The change in OGS's contract improves the terms for Molde, but not to a price that Villa aren't willing to pay.

- OGS resigns himself to managing Molde for an unspecified number of additional games (until the 1st of June, say).

- Molde accept the offer, since they are assured of Rokke's backing and are getting a nice payout from Villa.

Well?

-

Not that far-fetched but I can't see Ole going back on his word having made a very public statement, he just doesn't seem like that kind of person to me. I think it's more likely that we have a first-choice and Ole was impressive but not enough to usurp him. Why it is taking so long is anyone's guess.

Liverpool and Henry are notorious for being quiet on deals they are making yet they tell the fans who they are talking to and when they plan to do it. Why does RL tell the fans nothing about the management process??? Is it because they are talking to nobody??? I reckon thats why. The only statement they said is they arent waiting on Liverpool to pick their manager. Why tell us that??? Is it because they have nothing else to tell us is my guess and that was a strange thing to tell us in the first place. Trying to fool the fans into thinking they are doing something. Sure he is even away back to the states until Tuesday. I hope i am proved wrong but the lack of info they provide to fans who are the foundations of the club makes me sick.

We're all frustrated and would like to know what's going on, but I'm sorry but that is an absolute crock of shit that Liverpool keep the fans in the loop at every step of the way.

The only reason we know about Martinez through a soundbite (excluding the photo), is because of that gobshite Dave Whelan. They've never come out and said anything about AVB, Rafa, Lambert or anyone.

I may be in a minority, but I believe OGS was not our first choice. I really think that if he was then we would have got him. Randy needs the fans back on side. Not because he wouldn't be able to take a few chants, but to protect his investment. It's the only logical business decision as they NEED season ticket money, merchandise sales and a the TV revenue. Without the feel good factor, and a better style of play, youo can be sure that Sky will be broadcasting the contractual minimum amount of games - coming live from an empty stadium near you.

If they could have solved all their problems by offering OGS the job, they would have done it, unless they feel they have someone better lined up.

Are they going to tell you or me who that person is? Of course not. I know it's hard to have patience, especially with their poor track record, but I believe this search is different to the last, because it was such a monumental **** up with McLeish. If cost cutting was the only consideration before, then Randy knows he can't get away with it again - for his own sake.

We've seen in another thread that AV is the 19th richest brand in world football, ahead of Newcastle. Randy is going to have to spend to keep the brand up their, protect his investment and maintain a high sell on price.

This managerial appointment is the biggest decision his team have had to make, so I'll give a couple of weeks to make it as I'm sure no one knows how important it is to get right more than Randy and Faulkner this time around.

Finally some sanity...

hmmmmm

I still the think OGS saying it was for family reasons isnt right. I still think he said no due to the restraints that come with managing us in terms of spending power and wage cutting.

I think OGS was first choice, I now think Lerner is struggling to find somebody who actually wants the job that the fans wont hate.

I dont think Martinez,Lambert or Rodgers were interested at all as the job is pretty much career suicide if you have built your stock up in the last few seasons and are alreday in the prem.

I think your old guard managers like Bruce and McCarthy would take it but I dont think Lerner will go down that route.

I think he is left with Poyet, Lee Clarke, Simon Grayson or somebody like that.

At this precise moment in time I dont think Lerner has got any idea what to do or who to appoint.

Villa is probably one of the least appealing jobs going in football and I think Lerner and Co are struggling to find options

Well?

-

Done deal.

Finally some sanity...

hmmmmm

I still the think OGS saying it was for family reasons isnt right. I still think he said no due to the restraints that come with managing us in terms of spending power and wage cutting.

I think OGS was first choice, I now think Lerner is struggling to find somebody who actually wants the job that the fans wont hate.

I dont think Martinez,Lambert or Rodgers were interested at all as the job is pretty much career suicide if you have built your stock up in the last few seasons and are alreday in the prem.

I think your old guard managers like Bruce and McCarthy would take it but I dont think Lerner will go down that route.

I think he is left with Poyet, Lee Clarke, Simon Grayson or somebody like that.

At this precise moment in time I dont think Lerner has got any idea what to do or who to appoint.

Villa is probably one of the least appealing jobs going in football and I think Lerner and Co are struggling to find options

Doommonger! :evil:

:lol:

Well?

-

Done deal.

Yeah, I agree, I think briny_ear IS now annoyed :)

Well?

-

Done deal.

Plausable, but I don't think Lerner would swallow the compensation that has introduced.

My choice as Villa manager would be Ron Saunders - oh no sorry in a bit of a time warp :D

... and that's because tonight I will be at VFM with my mates, because 30 years ago we were in Rotterdam - on the greatest night in our history.

So whoever is the next manager they better realise the legacy they carry!

Proud History - not sure about the future :?

We're all victims of the instant gratification generation. I personally lay the blame at the common or garden disc - be it floppy or compact!

When I wanted to play a computer game on my old ZX Spectrum I would load the cassette into the tape deck, sit back and wait. I would then reload the tape as the loading process would inevitably crash at some point until finally the game would eventually load up. Ah the joys, the feelings, the emotions, the happiness!!!!

Even if that game was the worst game in the world, I would still give it time, give it a chance to win me over - mainly because I'd waited the last 11 days for the thing to boot up, so I wasn't going to turn it off after 5 minutes. Then, one day, along came my Commodore Amiga, with it's fancy disc drive, pirated games and graphics so good it was like staring out of a window and into a new world of fantasy.

I had an extensive collection of discs, each taking a couple of minutes to load, and even less time to copy. It was my first experience of "on demand", hotly followed by the CD.

As a result I never gave anything a chance.

Didn't like a song? I'd skip it, moving to the next track, only to skip that because the intro didn't immediately appeal to me.

Now with our iPods, Sky +, movies on demand, iPlayers and torrent downloads we've lost our patience, our ability to savour the anticipation and, for me, it's all because of the humble disc.

So, with that in mind, for **** sake Randy appoint someone now, I need it done so I can skip to the next part of my life!

:flag::rant:

Haha that's ace I had the Amiga 500+ spent hrs and many broken joysticks (international athletics or something of that ilk) on that....I had so many copied games, that if I played each for 30 mins, I probably take a week to get through....those were the days....plus villa were pretty competitive in those days ( early 90's)

I still can't reconcile the "if VIlla give me an offer I'll take the job" comments from OGS followed by a sudden "actually my family prefer Norway" comments.

It's just..... not adding up to me. The biggest problem for the fans is that since he made "his" decision, the lack of credible alternatives is causing the fans to dispute RL even more. Maybe he's going to pull a rabbit out of a hat and maybe next year the team will be picked by text vote.

No idea.

Enjoy the beautiful sunny weekend folks,stop stressing about who the Board pick as it is out of our hands.

It will be later next week before we hear anything if at all.

If they then pick one from Hoddle(54) not young & vibrant,Grayson dull as dish water or any other crass Manager then Villa Talk can go into meltdown.

Keep the faith & UTV.