Black Ops 2

kurtsimonw

Day 1 = campers paradise

Day 2 = server problems

There are far too many windows, corners, boxes and various other objects and obstacles for people to camp at. I just wish people would run around and try to get familiar with the maps. Camp all you want in a week or two when I'm used to it but not from day **** one! The hit detection is a joke too! Fire shitloads of bullets at someone but they turn around, shoot you and kill you!!! Due to the server problems I've managed to play one game in the last 24 hours! Very frustrating. Not a good start for me with this game so far! I just hope that the servers are fixed and running smoothly by the time I get home from work this afternoon because I've got some catching up to do!

Yep, there is so much ground clutter that players can "head glitch" on. It's very annoying.

The spawns are so bad

Agree with a lot of what has been posted.

This is no different to the games before, connection problems and shoddy hit detection.

Multiplayer is kill, 5 seconds later die, rinse and repeat over and over again. Bored of it already, at this rate, i'll be selling long before i did with MW3.

Anyone played Grief mode in Zombies? What is the point? One of your team mates goes down, you can't revive as the word removeds on the other team will just stand there knifing you, which restarts the revive cycle. Nice one Treyarch.

Well at least u lucky buggers have got your game soooooo regretting ordering mine off Tesco , still no sign of it , all i'm being told is blame Royal mail it was supposedly dispatched on the 11th absolute shambled .

You should make a complaint, not having the game on release day is bad enough, but still no sign 2 days later, taking the piss. With any luck, they might throw some vouchers your way or something.

If its any consolation, the story is boring, and the multiplayer is the same as previous games in the series and with the same annoyances.

You should make a complaint, not having the game on release day is bad enough, but still no sign 2 days later, taking the piss. With any luck, they might throw some vouchers your way or something.

If its any consolation, the story is boring, and the multiplayer is the same as previous games in the series and with the same annoyances.

Dont worry i fully intend to , they told me if i havent recieved it with in 10 days i can get a full refund , something i'll be doing even if i have got the game or not ;)

They are releasing a patch soon that will apparently sort out some of the problems. I played last night for a few hours. Did a bit better than I did on Tuesday but the hit detection is so annoying!!!

What are people using in their custom classes? I've been messing around with a few different guns, attachments and perks so far. I've probably used the PDW-57 the most so far. The flak jacket perk is a must use for me because before I unlocked that perk I was sick to death of getting killed by a random grenade or semtex!

I'm going to hammer this game over the weekend and as it is double xp for the people that pre ordered it I think that I'll probably end up hitting prestige 3. I'm not too far away from prestige 1 now and I've only played it about 6 hours altogether.

I'm a single player only guy, so I played a bit of that. The story is completely daft but these games have always been the equivalent of a Michael Bay film. Taken on that basis, it does what it is supposed to do well enough. Of course it is the same old shooting gallery formula and it does wear thin after a while.

Zombies is, and always will be, dull as ****.

Glad I didn't pay for it!

It wore thin about 3 games ago. They've been making the same game, arguably, since 2007... You can't even really argue that the plot is driving it along because the plot has been moronic since MW2, if not the first MW game.

It wore thin about 3 games ago. They've been making the same game, arguably, since 2007... You can't even really argue that the plot is driving it along because the plot has been moronic since MW2, if not the first MW game.

I dunno about that. Black Ops (2 games ago) was the best of the series by a mile. It's only the 2 recent MW games that've been toss.

black ops 2 shits all over everything else in the series to be fair. it's just better than the rest, by quite a margin

See, you two have just taken the classic positions in the age old debate about video game sequels. Yes, the new game will generally be superior in lots of little ways to the old one. It might look better, run better, have some of the little annoyances polished out (etc etc) which does mean it's a better game if you look at the two side by side. However, Black Ops 2 is also just yet another refinement of a five year old game and can never have the impact of Call of Duty 4 for that very reason. When people are getting nostalgic for the Call of Duty franchise on this generation of consoles in about fifteen years time (which is pretty much how far away we are from Goldeneye now days) I'd be very surprised if Black Ops 2 is the one they think of first.

as i said, Black Ops 2 is the best call of duty game by a mile. im not basing that off it being better than last year's, because by the definition of an annual update it should be cumulatively better than its predecssors. im saying that it's a FAR superior game. the campaign is superior. the multiplayer is superior. the loadouts are superior. the depth of gameplay is superior. yes, there are issues with online play at the moment, but they'll be fixed. with black ops 2 treyarch has not only redeemed itself, but the franchise imo. they've shown some balls and done something different when they really didn't have to. there are enough people out there who will continually buy the thing even if it's garbage

i honestly wanted to hate it, because i do like a good "big game is shit" story. but it's genuinely brilliant

as i said, Black Ops 2 is the best call of duty game by a mile. im not basing that off it being better than last year's, because by the definition of an annual update it should be cumulatively better than its predecssors. im saying that it's a FAR superior game. the campaign is superior. the multiplayer is superior. the loadouts are superior. the depth of gameplay is superior. yes, there are issues with online play at the moment, but they'll be fixed. with black ops 2 treyarch has not only redeemed itself, but the franchise imo. they've shown some balls and done something different when they really didn't have to. there are enough people out there who will continually buy the thing even if it's garbage

i honestly wanted to hate it, because i do like a good "big game is shit" story. but it's genuinely brilliant

I'd say it's the second worst CoD that's been released, after the last one.

I'll ignore anything regarding the campaign because as always, campaign will be shite.

But the online is pretty bad, frantic SMG spraying and spawn kill die gameplay in narrow alleys isn't really what I consider superior. Some things are good, the killstreaks seem balanced, and I like the create a class thing but the issues this game has cant and won't be patched.

Agreed on the game continuing to sell though, they don't have to try anymore and it will outsell everything.

Â