Black Ops 2

kurtsimonw

Since there's been a lot of supposed leaked information recently.

Alot of stuff here

One of my favourite bits..

–Knife Melee Slot–

1. Default Knife – Takes 2 swipes to kill, you need to put it away, and take it back out like usual.

2. Tactical knife – Takes 4 swipes to kill, as long as you are pushing the melee button however, it will keep knifing

Ideally knife should be a secondary and need to be equipped, but I don't mind the idea of it needed 2/4 swipes to kill. Will take out all the shitty panic knife deaths.

Though mostly, in regards to the perks, they seem to be over-complicating everything. They don't really need to do all this for it to be a good game. People have played MW3, all they really need to do is not get everything wrong for it to be an improvement.

Said what about MW3?

That the knife was supposed to be a 2 hit kill. I don't think they would change it now. There are plenty of youtube call of duty players that make a living off knifing only. If they changed that alot of people would complain. No matter what they change people will moan. Just like Quick scoping in Black ops, they made it so it wasn't so easy. People moaned and in MW3 it's more easy again. I think the perks are going over the top now. Now they add extra kick and sway to guns unless you add a perk to reduce that.

I play COD every now and then, but only when a few friends are playing it. It's either Battlefield or Counter strike for me.

That's because the same people don't make every game. Treyarch didn't have quickscoping in WaW or BO, Infinity Ward did in MW, MW, MW3.

I agree that some perks are OTT, but think extra kick/sway is a good thing, otherwise the diference classes aren't really balanced.

I'm not expecting big things for this one, I think the demand for them to keep changing is too great and since they have to improve on BO, which didn't have any glaring problems it's going to be difficult. Hopefully they won't over complicate things, but in an attempt to keep things fresh they might, and that could end up being where things go wrong.

For now I think they've hit their ceiling, things don't need changing, but for another CoD to be huge their would have to be big changes. I don't really know what those would be and it's not like the series is anywhere near struggling anyway. It's still going to sell insanely well for the next year at least.

Whatever they do, the people that play it will eventually put me off playing it altogether anyway.

MW3 is the first COD game I only got a couple of months out of before getting bored, i'm hoping for a vast improvement but i'm not really holding my breath, they know it'll sell and I think that's the main problem.

I've played MW2 on single player and through the Spec Ops with my mate via the sofa, but I genuinely couldn't bring myself to play a game like this online with a load of 14 year old morons who have no life other than one bastard game. I don't have the time, energy or the patience.

That said I really enjoyed MW2, thinking of getting Black Ops as my designated pick up and play shooter once I've finished Killzone 2 and I'll keep my eye out for this.

Is Black Ops any good as a single player according to VT?

It's fundamentally the same game. Storyline and the details change but if you enjoyed MW2 for it's gameplay you'll like Black Ops. The story is shite though, utter bobbins.

Ok.

I always assumed Black Ops to be a bit more stealthy like the snow level in MW2 and with more sniper stuff, purely by name.

I'm not too fussed about all the frills they'll add to the game (though I'm sure some will be a nice touch), I just hope a return to Black Ops bullet damage/fire rate/recoil rather than what's in MW3.

...although we wouldnt want a repeat of the hit detection from BLOPS, thays one a of the few things i'd be happy from them to rip from one of the MW games.
I'll agree there. It's as bad as CoD4/WaW for hit detection, I didn't understand why they took a step backwards from MW2, or maybe you could argue that hit detection was too good (the hit boxes were bigger than the character you would see on screen) so they went backwards. Still, improve on that and it should be a great game.

Â