Black Ops 2

kurtsimonw

As soon as you're shot you're ****. You're dead before you can can attempt to drop to the floor to avoid the shots and you can't even go round corners to avoid because the lags so bad you can be 10 yards along a wall and still die from bullets fired 5 seconds ago.

If they sort this shit out it could be a great game.

They took theatre mode down. People were watching a video that gives them full level prestige. They stopped you loading videos to stop the exploit. They said it will be back in the next update.

Right, I've found a cure for lag compensation, after I made these changes my killcam was in perfect sync with what I was seeing- when I got killed the oppenent was on dark red health which I can live with! I've only played 3 games so far but have played like a beast on all (hopes it's not a placebo!), Even pushed the boat out on my scorestreaks ;) so here it is;

Give your xbox a static IP address,

Log onto your router and go to the port fowarding settings,

set up for ports 3074,3478,4379-4380,27000-27050. all TCP/UDP

And boom, owning awaits.

For a step by step guide go here http://portforward.com/ , type in your router model and make then select BO2.

Add me as "CUSH7Y" for some even gaming!

The lag compensation is a game mechanic. Nothing you can do about it i'm afraid. Some games are totally lag free and i have great fun. Then there are times it's totally unplayable and i get more unplayed games than lag free ones.

First thing is did was forward individual ports, but i knew that wouldn't fix anything. Black ops 2 punishes those with High speed, low ping internet and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Well it's done something for me because before I was getting killed behind walls and being shot before I'd even have a chance to fire, now i can drop and out shoot shotguns with a SMG, deffo worth doing.

The lag compensation is a game mechanic. Nothing you can do about it i'm afraid. Some games are totally lag free and i have great fun. Then there are times it's totally unplayable and i get more unplayed games than lag free ones.

First thing is did was forward individual ports, but i knew that wouldn't fix anything. Black ops 2 punishes those with High speed, low ping internet and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Yep.

@Ryan: I end up hosting probably 90% of games, I still suffer with it. It is literally unavoidable. You just get lucky some nights with lobbies.

Like it said, i've read the "Activision guide for improving your 'Black Ops 2' on-line connection" It's them trying to avoid a massive problem with the game. They're trying to put the blame on us.

The game only uses ports 3074 (UDP/TCP) and that is advised by them to port forward. They're pretty much standard ports and any gamer would have them forwarded anyway.

I can list 10-15 fps games on Xbox that i can go on now and it will be fine. I have 8 friends who i play with regularly on COD. They're all on different internet providers (some on Virgin, Bt and Sky) All using a range of different routers/modems and connections. Yet we all have the same problem. Some of them ain't even port forwarded. Now Black ops 2 has terrible lag and all of a sudden it's my fault?, Please...

Last week was the best week for me. I wasn't seeing any lag, it was perfect. This week is a different story. The game is almost a month old and still servers are going down mid game, servers not filling up and games not even finding people to start a game. There are major flaws, but they're telling me it's my problem and i should call my ISP? No **** way. All they have to do is look at their forums and the amount of complaints is unreal. Go on Youtube and check the amount of bullshit lag compensation videos. MW3 on release had lag compensation, but after so many people kicked off about it, they removed it within days.

I've done everything from my end, there is nothing more to do. The problems rests purely with them.

Should just get dedicated servers.

I'm not sure with dedicated servers, every single game that has them has a touch of lag in my experience, even Battlefield 3. With dedicated servers you all seem to get very slight lag as standard. This may just be the way Battlefield is as a game though.

Played Zombies round my mates tonight. It's alright I guess.

Can't help but think they should just do a reasonably large map with different buildings that you can move freely between rather than this cut off area. Don't think there's enough on this at all.

Since they released the PS3 patch yesterday morning I've got to say that finally, after a month, they are getting there! I played last night for about three hours with pretty much no problems whatsoever. They've added a lot of recoil to hip firing when using an SMG and they've decreased the power of SMG's a bit too as well as bumping up a few assault rifles. I've been winning a lot more gun battles now against hip firing idiots which is obviously great as I never hip fire! No mention of them sorting out lag compensation but it was definitely running smoother for me last night. They haven't patched it on Xbox yet have they? You'll notice the difference when you get it lads.

I think the patch comes out on Xbox today.

List of patch notes

Scorestreaks:

UAV: cost increased from 350 to 425.

Lightning Strike: added 750ms delay.

Equipment/Grenades:

Bouncing Betty: increased the grace period between trigger and activation by 200ms.

Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.

Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.

SMGs:

All: increased hip fire recoil.

All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.

All: reduced bullet penetration.

MSMC: increased recoil slightly.

PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.

Assault Rifles:

All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.

XM8: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.

XM8 + Select Fire: increased recoil.

FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.

SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.

MTAR: Made auto aim values consistent with all other assault rifles.

Sniper Rifles:

All: increased hip fire spread.

All + Laser Sight: increased hip fire spread.

XPR-50: increased recoil slightly.

Shotguns:

R870: reduced one-hit kill range by 45 inches.

Pistols:

B23R: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.

KAP-40: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.

Black Ops 2 PS3 Issues Addressed

• Fixed a rare hang (“Awaiting Textures”) upon loading into maps when joining a session in progress after fresh boot.
  • Game now resets the Care Package for a non-owner if the owner re-rolls the package using the Engineer perk.
  • Players with Black Hat PDA can no longer hack a Care Package faster than the owner can capture it.
  • Addressed an exploit where modified console hackers could maliciously spread infected films to other users.
  • Added a fail-safe to prevent spawn trapping in CTF.
  • Increased sight checks on turrets to improve spawning algorithms.
  • Fixed a number of new UI error messages reported by users.
  • Addressed a number of issues that would cause friendly/enemy color indicators on equipment and scorestreaks to display as the wrong team.
  • Improved overall Theater and Live Streaming stability.
  • Improved film rendering stability and made progression bar more accurate while rendering a film.
  • Addressed issues which prevented some master challenges from being completed.
  • Precision challenge “Wet Work” will now unlock with 10 kills.
  • The wins challenge will now account for all FFA modes when ending a match with a tie (if you are in the top 3).
  • Players that help with the “Synchronized Attack” challenge now get credit for it.
  • Players will not be able to manually take control of their AGR if they die at the exact moment that their AGR deploys.
  • Emblem Editor no longer closes the current emblem when discarding changes.
  • Players using Ghost will no longer be invisible at all times in Custom Games with the mini-map option set to “constant”.
  • Players using Ghost and a Suppressor attachment will no longer appear on the enemy’s minimap while shooting and moving while a UAV is up.
  • The median for the K/D graph in the AAR is set to 1.0 instead of 0.0.
  • Players can no longer get on top of the shrubs in Nuketown 2025.
  • Thermal vision overlay no longer appears using the VTOL glitch.
  • Kills from the explosion on the explosive crossbow bolt now count towards challenges.
  • Counter UAV no longer remains for the rest of the game after a host migration.
  • Clan tag is no longer locked immediately after prestige.
  • Offline profiles can no longer be exploited to join online games when an online profile is also signed in.
  • Multi-team games no longer count as a tie if an entire team quits.
  • Fixed an area in Express where K9 Unit dogs could get stuck.
  • EMP grenades no longer affect the CODcaster HUD.
  • Party Privacy count no longer affects how many bots will spawn in Combat Training.
  • Shadows seen through sniper scopes now render more correctly.
  • Players can no longer stand on invisible collision in Carrier.
  • “Drop Shot” medal is no longer awarded after standing back up.
  • Players can now copy a custom class to the extra prestige slot.

Black Ops 2 New Features & Feature Improvements

• Added support for posting Live Stream URLs to Twitter.
  • Improved audio/rumble responsiveness when hitting enemies with gunfire.
  • Improved overall communication of Double XP when enabled.
  • AAR better communicates how much XP was earned in each match.
  • Added the ability to "View League Teams" from any player's Playercard.
  • Added the ability to “View Playercard” from League solo leaderboards.
  • Added a number of security system enhancements.
  • Added Hardcore Kill Confirmed playlist to the Hardcore category.

Yep, had a terrible game last night, it really is pot luck at the minute....

They need to nerf all the sniper rifles, more recoil and more flinch, they are long distance weapons. I cant cope with being out shot by sniper riffles at close range when I'm standing there putting a whole clip in him! I had a game on raid last night where most of the enemy were snipers, the game was unplayable. Any way I went i was picked off before I'd even got round the corner. The cherry on the top when I was shooting someone from behind and they had time to turn around, aim a sniper rifle, and kill me...must have found a toughness pro perk we're all missing :/

"Players using Ghost and a Suppressor attachment will no longer appear on the enemy’s minimap while shooting and moving while a UAV is up."

That's a pretty major flaw!!

The game is mighty frustrating at times, but I'm enjoying it. I get the feeling the role a dice regarding the damage something does. Killed someone with 2 shots with a pistol, then basically have to put a full round in someone with an assault rifle. Yeah ok.

The amount of times I get beat 1 on 1 with a pistol is ridiculous as well. Them and sniper are just silly.

Close to being done with this game now. It's had it's time and it's failing to deliver. This is the second patch? and still this shit is broken.

In this clip the person dies and spawns in a shitty place and i kill him. Then he spawns in the same place again and kills me as i'm running past. Is the spawn system that hard to fix?

Mixed feelings. It's rather dependant on connection and the players in the lobby not playing like dicks. Sometimes I'll get into a game where at least 4 of them are either sniping or sitting in rooms with shock charges/bouncing betties.

When everything is as it should be, I like it, more than most CoD's.

Why have they patched the Remmington? Sigh.. Shotguns are nearly always useless on CoD games, and the Remmington was the one gun that was actually good, and even then it had to be right map and you had to play very carefully. It's not a big patch, but it's the difference between a 1/2 hit kill and a 2/3 where most times you will die.

Sadly like the last Black Ops game the reason I'll stop playing this is that I'll get bored of the guns, they're all quite samey and i'm already struggling to want to use one.

The matchmaking on this game has been done so that if you have good stats/ a good last game you will be grouped with the worst team mates, whilst the other team is full of middle ground to even it out. It's frustrating. Losing team deathmatch games because your bottom 2 players have collectively gone -25

In a good lobby Domination is good on this though.

Â