Congratulations to United...

villapark1

Congratulations to Man Utd for sealing the Premiership title again today...I know they havent actually won it yet but I would put my house on them securing it now.

I really didnt want to see City win it, and nobody else has the criteria to do it, so Man Utd deserve it again.

Not the best United team (by a country mile) that Ferguson has had but just goes to show you what a manager can do who installs confidence into his players and making them believe that they can beat anyone on their day.

Yes people moan they get alot of decisions their way, but you can't really knock the way they always bounce back from conceding goals or losing matches.

So I would will be the first Villa fan on here to congratulate them on yet another Premiership title.

Just think how different things may have been if we had taken that first Premiership Title back in 92. It could well of seen us push on like they have. Doubt it very much, but you never know.

There is a chance that Manchester United will break Chelsea's record for the highest number of points in a 38 game season this year. Chelsea got 95 in 2004/05, United currently have 79 with 6 games (18 points) to play for. I think the perception that this team is a relatively poor one is somewhat unfair.

I dont think this lot play the thrilling football of the 93/94 side, or are as balanced as the great side of 98-2002 but they are a very good team and very entertaining to watch. I guess you could argue it's really only Rooney of the current lot who would make it into a "Fergie's greatest XI" but the current team have some extremely under rated players. I think Valencia is one of the most under rated players in the league for example, I cannot believe he is not an absolute superstar if we look at his on the field performances. I guess things like the fact that he signed from Wigan and he plays for Ecuador dont really provide much glamour, and that he is never seen falling out of nightclubs at 3am and still does not speak very good English (despite living here for more than five years!) keeps him out of the newspapers. Top player though.

credit to utd, they were 8 points behind at Christmas, well done to ash too, he left cus he wanted to win things. Hope he credits both villa and watford for nurturing him into a quality player.

credit to utd, they were 8 points behind at Christmas, well done to ash too, he left cus he wanted to win things. Hope he credits both villa and watford for nurturing him into a quality player.

I dont think this lot play the thrilling football of the 93/94 side, or are as balanced as the great side of 98-2002 but they are a very good team and very entertaining to watch. I guess you could argue it's really only Rooney of the current lot who would make it into a "Fergie's greatest XI" but the current team have some extremely under rated players. I think Valencia is one of the most under rated players in the league for example, I cannot believe he is not an absolute superstar if we look at his on the field performances. I guess things like the fact that he signed from Wigan and he plays for Ecuador dont really provide much glamour, and that he is never seen falling out of nightclubs at 3am and still does not speak very good English (despite living here for more than five years!) keeps him out of the newspapers. Top player though.
He doesn't have a particularly glamorous play style about him either, old fashioned quick winger who can deliver a good cross. Effective, but for some reason football seems to adore wingers playing on the wrong side instead.

two words,

"**** United"

I concur bunch of rocket polishers the lot of em! Fergie should give us the 3 points now next week as mcleish is his bitch and can ask for them back next year when they might need them more!!

Thought their title hopes were dead and buried at Christmas time but you can't underestimate the old fox S'rAlex.

Mancini's and Vieira's attempts at playing mind games over the past couple of weeks have been laughable and it is really looking now like skilled craftsmen v novices.

Don't envy the manager who finally has to step into his shoes.

I guess you could argue it's really only Rooney of the current lot who would make it into a "Fergie's greatest XI" but the current team have some extremely under rated players.

hasnt played much but would have Vidic in that team maybe Scholes and Giggs be close as well ;)

I wouldnt have Vidic in the team. As for Giggs and Scholes, obviously they do but not the 2011/12 versions. Ditto Rio Ferdinand if you want to make a case for him.

Just for the hell of it, this is the team I would choose:

Schmeichel

Irwin

Stam

Bruce ©

G Neville

Giggs

Scholes

Keane

Beckham

Ronaldo

Rooney

Strikers are really difficult to pick. Cole & Yorke were sensational together, but individually I wouldnt say either was better than Ronaldo or Rooney. The midfield of Giggs, Scholes, Keane & Beckham was almost perfect, definitely the best in the world at the turn of the century. Yes, you could drop Beckham, change a striker and move Ronaldo back but he isnt really a midfielder is he? Bruce gets in at the back, for a fat, ugly bluenose bastard he was a hell of a footballer. Scored a stupid amount of goals and was a classy centre half. Villa bias almost made me put Paul McGrath there, but I think he played his best football at Villa Park, not Old Trafford. Ferdinand just misses out, though he was sensational for years. Vidic is a very good player, but I think Stam was a better "stopper" so he gets the nod.

Personally I would have Vidic over Bruce myself. I think it was 08/09 when Vidic was awesome in a brilliant streak for not conceding goals and had to play with a number of different partners.

As for Rooney I think the impact Cantona had at United was probably bigger so I would have him in the team ahead of Rooney.

Rest of the team i would agree with

I wouldnt have Vidic in the team. As for Giggs and Scholes, obviously they do but not the 2011/12 versions. Ditto Rio Ferdinand if you want to make a case for him.

Schmeichel

Irwin

Stam

Bruce ©

G Neville

Giggs

Scholes

Keane

Beckham

Ronaldo

Rooney

Strikers are really difficult to pick. Cole & Yorke were sensational together, but individually I wouldnt say either was better than Ronaldo or Rooney. The midfield of Giggs, Scholes, Keane & Beckham was almost perfect, definitely the best in the world at the turn of the century. Yes, you could drop Beckham, change a striker and move Ronaldo back but he isnt really a midfielder is he? Bruce gets in at the back, for a fat, ugly bluenose bastard he was a hell of a footballer. Scored a stupid amount of goals and was a classy centre half. Villa bias almost made me put Paul McGrath there, but I think he played his best football at Villa Park, not Old Trafford. Ferdinand just misses out, though he was sensational for years. Vidic is a very good player, but I think Stam was a better "stopper" so he gets the nod.

That team effectively has 0 strikers. Rooney has played 20 or 30 yards behind the likes of Welbeck/Hernandez this year, spraying balls around the midfield whilst Ronaldo is definitely still more of a winger with license to do whatever he wants.

You have to put van Nistelrooy in up front imo, the man was absolutely deadly from anywhere inside the box and would probably have bagged a 40 goal season if he didn't have to rely on service from the likes of John O'Shea, Kieran Richardson, Alan Smith and Quinton Fortune for much of his time at United.

Schmeichel

Irwin

Stam

Bruce ©

G Neville

Giggs

Scholes

Keane

Beckham

Ronaldo

Rooney

Fantastic team but i'd have Cantona in there.. somewhere! Just not sure who i'd drop...

Â