Congratulations to United...

villapark1

No. Much as I can't be bothered about Man United and their millions of plastic fans shunning their local teams that need their support, I'd rather that than Man City and their stench of money. Buying our best player twice in 2 seasons was not coincidental.

Their a good team for this league. Wingers and that fast paced counter-attack style works a treat. In europe they are naff. They struggle through the middle. Carrick is a good player and to be fair they have badly missed Fletcher. Aside from that they get found out against teams that play three in the middle, which is most of europe.

Are they a poor side? No, but they aren't what they used to be... yet.

In europe they are naff.

Awfully quick to dance on their grave considering they have just had a run of three Champions League finals in four years don't you think?

But they clearly arent naff in Europe, they are probably second only to Barcelona in terms of European success in the last five years or so. They just didnt have a very good campaign this year. They will still be a serious threat in the Champions League next season, so dismissing them as naff seem premature at best or insane at worst.

Manchester Uniteds dominance is now stretching into a 3rd decade. Back in the day Liverpool only had 2 decades of success.

Much as I dislike Liverpool, their fantastic achievements occurred when the league was a competition, rather than an exclusive club.

The next stage of this exclusive club is the ring fencing of their continued success by the introduction of 'financial fair (sic) play'

Manure's 'success' is thus ensured ad infinitum

• 2 weeks later...

Citeh still have to play Newcastle, but I think they will beat Manure next week, because quite simply they are a better team (they smashed them 6-1 for goodness sake!).

Manure may get there thanks to their experience at getting over the line, but I don't think they are better than Citeh.

Strange season.

Congratulations to Man Utd for sealing the Premiership title again today...I know they havent actually won it yet but I would put my house on them securing it now.

OP getting nervous now ;)

Congratulations to Man Utd for sealing the Premiership title again today...I know they havent actually won it yet but I would put my house on them securing it now.

OP getting nervous now ;)

Yeah i really thought they had it nailed on when I posted that, couldn't see them throwing it away like they seem to be now. Still, makes the end of the season a lot more interesting....next week will be the biggest game both Manchester teams have played in for some years against each other....should be interesting to say the least.

Before this thread started and almost immediately after Citys loss at Arsenal, I thought I'd look at Citys odds to win the title and B365 had them at 20/1, so I thought **** it I'll have £20 on that. After this weekend I'm feeling fairly smug but it also turns out I have balls smaller than a female Gnat and I've offset the bet with a large stake on United to win the league. So instead of winning £400 if City win the league I'll now win £260 ish whoever wins the league.

• 3 weeks later...
Â