Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I also know why Gera was out for a while - and its not what was widely reported. But thats another story all together......

EDIT: LV: can we keep speculation that is not injury based and hearsay that could cause the site owner our of posts please

Anyway didnt Earnshaw finish as there top goal scorer but was still shit on

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know quite a few Albion ST holders and they are 100% unanimous.............. Earnshaw wasn't good enough, had the first touch of an elephant.

I will be very disappointed if we sign him.

Earnshaw wasn't good enough, had the first touch of an elephant.

I will be very disappointed if we sign him.

And Baros has the touch of a rapist, and he can't hit a cows arse with a Banjo. So he's better than what we've got.

Oddly enough, everyone I've spoke to or heard from that watched the Albion regularly can't believe he was messed around like he was.

**** the footballing public. We were ridiculed for signing Sutton, that turned out ok didn't it?

The only place I remember us being ridiculed for signing Sutton was on this message board.

And the only place we'd be ridiculed for signing Earnshaw would be on this message board. So **** Villa Talk it is then :winkold:

**** the footballing public. We were ridiculed for signing Sutton, that turned out ok didn't it?

The only place I remember us being ridiculed for signing Sutton was on this message board.

unbelievably I'm not only on here and I got plenty of abuse when we signed him

Earnshaw would be good premier league striker, cos hes tailor made for the football, pacy & can finish.......... good eye for goal. My personal opinion is to take a chance on a player like Earnshaw than by a johnny foreigner who might not be as good as him anyway

And the only place we'd be ridiculed for signing Earnshaw would be on this message board. So **** Villa Talk it is then :winkold:

:)

Earnshaw would be good premier league striker, cos hes tailor made for the football, pacy & can finish.......... good eye for goal. My personal opinion is to take a chance on a player like Earnshaw than by a johnny foreigner who might not be as good as him anyway

yeah his one goal in twelve games last season proved this, he's in my no thanks folder along with Keane and Defoe

Would it be fair to say Earnshaw would be a good replacement for Baros?

Anyway, I would like us to sign a couple of European players in January. So if they require 6 months setteling in, then they are ready for 07/08.

Good point but the problem is that if they are currently playing for teams in Europe, would they leave in January?

Then it obviously follows that if they aren't playing for teams in Europe, are they the kind of players you are alluding to?

It depends on how their team is doing? A good player at a team that doesn't have the season they were expecting might be available? I'm sure we're not the only team that rebuilds and think six months ahead? Besides, the Scandinavian leagues should be finished now. Scandinavians traditionally settles in well, and I'm sure there are players there that are good enough. A new Mellberg or Ronny Johnsen would be fine.

yeah his one goal in twelve games last season proved this, he's in my no thanks folder along with Keane and Defoe

It depends I think... If he is our new main striker I would be dissapointed. I'm sure he could be a decent squad player.

Earnshaw? The same bloke that looked like a world beater yesterday against, who was it, er, Ipswich Town. Villa can do far better than Earnshaw. This is Aston Villa, we have Martin O'Neill. We can look for bigger and better than Earnshaw. At the end of the day, would Earnshaw win you the league? No.

i would much rather see Robbie Keane here, one of his main problems is his inconsistency, which i think a great motivator like MON could get out of his game.

Hes truly class when confident and on the top of his game, not just scoring goals but setting people up with superb passes etc

I'm not sold on Earnshaw's quality tbh. Yeah he is pacy but so are Moore and Agbonlahor and they are younger than him. I'm not convinced he will add anything to our squad when Moore is back in January.

If we are going for a striker we need an Alan Shearer type to take over from Chris Sutton when he leaves. I'm thinking along the lines of Dean Ashton.

One player we would all love is Daniel Braaten from Rosenborg.

One problem though, he is rather lazy (even though he probably isn't). He just looks that way.

He is a threat for every side and he terrorized Roberto Carlos when RBK met Real last season or the one before that.

At the right club, he might just flourish. He is fast as hell and strong like a bull. Winger as well as a forward

(short enough?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGbDXIdasrc (another one)