Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

i would like us to sign young players also, but i think our next signings should be players who have abit of experience but still plenty to give like petrov. At the moment we have about 8 youngsters if you include ridgwell in and around the first team squad, IMO we should get 4 or 5 players who are around the age of 24 - 28 just to balance the team abit.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd add Ashley Young of Watford to that list

Yes yes !! Looks a bloody cracking player. He'll be in the Prem next year regardless of what happens Watford.

SWP to West Ham? Surely not I mean if we cant attract players of that ilk how can they? He'd go to a top euro club surely?

but west ham are a top european club... i mean how do explain Tevez and Mascerano going to west Ham? i mean they certainly weren't just put in the shop window in what is essentially a loan deal and a downpayment on the club by that Kia bloke? No, it is because West Ham are a not just a selling club and are a top European side worthy of playing in the Champions League... and they have got the history as well. I mean they have won... the err.... what have they won???

Being serious though he may choose to go to West Ham in january (on loan) since he won't have to move. TBH i really do not see it happening aas i think Spurs will be offered SWP as part of a deal for Lennon and I would say Spurs are a bigger than West Ham despite the recent takeover.

I think Magnusson has spent the majority of his wealth buying the club and therefore won't have the massive money to invest so all this talk of making West Ham a top european side is not going to happen and I think SWP sees this.

West Ham fans live in the stars, i work in london and they think anyone would come to the 'Appy Ammers coz of there marvelous history

It made me laugh that that icelandic man described there history in like 2 sentances

" They have had great players like Peters, Hurts & Moore, a cracking manager in John Lyall and of course winning the Cup Winners Cup "

I dont really have anything against them, but when i think of west ham i think of the plucky little neighbours to Arsenal,Tottenham & Chelsea....Much like West Brom

Papa Bouba Diop?

Too many injuries IMO. We need an experienced player for that position but not one that will impede Ozzy's progress.

I agree about the point regarding Bouba Diop's injuries. He's yet to show much since coming back from his latest injury.

With regards the Ozzy's progress comment, I think we shouldn't worry about that too much. If he's good enough he will make it. Playing with the best players often brings out the best in young players and will hopefully help his development in the long term. If we want success we can't afford to be too sentimental.

Appiah please.

:nod:

Me too! The guy is real class and although he scores for fun and does like to attack, he's equally good at breaking people in half in midfield.. Just what we need and would be cheaper the better British options.

if he came, i would expect him to have the shit beaten out of him within 5 minutes by king olof...

and rightly so...

But then they would be united by their hatred of the shit and they could live happily ever after in Harborne

**** nonsense..

its either chavage and hes ripped apart by king olof, or we turn king olof into a fairy....

and i dont think hes the type to butter up...

me, personally, id rather king olof ripped chavages head off, but if not possible, then id rather chavage keeps as far away from villa as possible..

Gattuso - best player at the world cup for me. I'd give my right leg to see him in a Villa shirt.

Well, not litteraly. Maybe a finger or two.......

P.S. My god, did you know he used to play for Rangers??

Agreed, I'd love Gattuso at Villa Park. and Yes I think he's married to a scottish woman.