Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I think Petrov will acclimatise to the Premier and will be able to 'do a job' in the McCann role if needs be - until the summer at least. I certainly think a right winger is a major priority both to give Gabby an opportunity for a rest and to give much needed cover if he gets injured, not to mention allowing him to play up front from the start.

I also think this Davis/Milner swap talk is evidence that Villa have contacted Newcastle about resurrecting the Milner deal in January and it is Newcastle coming back with a request of their own. Regardless of whether it happens - it certainly looks to me like Villa have still got the bit between their teeth regarding Milner.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Milner is the winger we need, allowing Gabbi to be pushed up front.

He may not hve Gabbi's pace but he can take a player on alot more comfortably.

IMO Milner in Davis out would be the best option for clubs and players alike.

I think Petrov will acclimatise to the Premier and will be able to 'do a job' in the McCann role if needs be - until the summer at least. I certainly think a right winger is a major priority both to give Gabby an opportunity for a rest and to give much needed cover if he gets injured, not to mention allowing him to play up front from the start.

I also think this Davis/Milner swap talk is evidence that Villa have contacted Newcastle about resurrecting the Milner deal in January and it is Newcastle coming back with a request of their own. Regardless of whether it happens - it certainly looks to me like Villa have still got the bit between their teeth regarding Milner.

I never thought of Petrov in that role, I suppose that I wouldn't want him to play in that role as it would hamper his surgeing runs forward. But, I suppose with a new Left Back (Bridge), we would have Barry back in Midfield as well which would cover injuries OK.

i read somewhere that John Carew might be looking to leave in january, he could be a good option
But IS HE LUCKY?

I would love to see Carew at VP. He isn't very good at sticking the ball away himself but he's a superb target man and can take any amount of stick.

he has scored today for Lyon against Madrid in the CL and still the only team with a 100% record, why would he leave them ?

Because he has an agent. If his agent says he'll make more money in England, he'll go. Just like the rest of 'em.

he has scored today for Lyon against Madrid in the CL and still the only team with a 100% record, why would he leave them ?

Because he has an agent. If his agent says he'll make more money in England, he'll go. Just like the rest of 'em.

Maybe. Or because IAN has told him about Randy and Martin!

maybe and he would fit in with MON's style.

John Carew is amazing last night as he make mincemeat of whole back 4 of Real Madrid defence. He got pace, strength, aerial power, it is like watching Johau Lumu running in full blast.

We need someone like him upfront with better skills and finishing and younger. :) I am wondering why Graham Taylor never bought someone like him.

I have heard Roeder linked with every freaking player from here to Timbuktu. I wish the belgravia group would put them both out of their miseryand let the codes slide to the Fizzy Pop.

Scott Brown who was tagged in September as a possible MON target is being reported as eyeing up a move to Rangers for 3M. Does any one have any news or rumours that Villa are still interested in Brown ?

Ratboy Roeder linked with Maloney from Celtic.

Seriously, does he realise their problem is in the DEFENCE!!

Good teams build from Defence , average teams build from Attack but **** knows where Newcastle are building from

Erm, well, rats live in the sewers don't they :mrgreen:

I have heard Roeder linked with every freaking player from here to Timbuktu. I wish the belgravia group would put them both out of their miseryand let the codes slide to the Fizzy Pop.

Scott Brown who was tagged in September as a possible MON target is being reported as eyeing up a move to Rangers for 3M. Does any one have any news or rumours that Villa are still interested in Brown ?

Newscastle United - what a way not to run a club. I'm very confident MON and Lerner wont run us into the ground a la Shepherd and Roeder.