Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

is bent injured? or is it a ploy by chorlton to sell him now and spend the money on replacements, stating that he wouldnt be playing for a whole month anyway? a way of appeasing the fans of chorlton.

swp

bent

finnan

dystin

gamst pedersen

thankyou.

looks like i saw through the thinly veiled " we wont sell him ever" stance. :lol:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we got Young & Bent (and I don't for 1 minute think we will) then I'd be happy with that even taking into account our weak rightside of def & mid.

I dont see why we shouldn't. I believe Bent is for sale and provided he doesnt want to stay in London, we would be a better option than those clubs with stronger striker rotas. I believe Martin will go for him and Lerner will outbid either Portsmouth or Spurs. Young will be far better off at Villa than stuck on the bench behind Lennon at Spurs or in the Championship with Watford. I think if we could offload Baros for a few million (and 4-6 million is not outside the realms of possibility with the money in La Liga) then 10-12 for Bent and 7-10 for Young would be a tidy bit of business for the January window me thinks...

If we were to sign Dica, Bent and Young then a top half finish would be a possibility.

But the most important thing is that we are building for the future with players like these (should we sign them of course) and are sending out a cleaar statement of intent.

FWIW I think we will at least be in the running for Bent and Young and will get one of them at least.

bardsley has signed on loan till the end of the season

No he hasn't. It isn't anywhere officially at all yet.

He just phoned him and told him....God some people are so quick to judge.....:winkold:

Don't know if these were posted but from the SSN website on the rumours page (where you send your own rumours in)

I have heard from excellent sources in Asia that Lee Chun Soo, who starred for South Korea at World Cup 2006, is on his way to Aston Villa in the January transfer window.

Paul Meehan - Singapore

I was at dinner in a well known restaurant last night in Soho and was sat on a table next to Martin O'Neill and Nigel Reo-Coker and one other who I assumed to be an agent

Mark Jackson - Poole, Dorset

Rumour has it that despite PLG's departure Barry ferguson is still on his way out of Ibrox possibly to Villa in a £4.5M deal. David Murray has apparently told Ferguson that the new manager will need funds to restructure the team and because of this and Fergusons conduct recently he will be moved on.

Bob Fairley - Larkhall

Gareth Bale will snub Southampton and sign for Arsenal with Theo Walcott his pal. Liverpool will look at Fernando Torres if they can offload Peter Crouch for £11m to Newcastle, Juventus or Aston Villa

SSN

Don't know if these would be very reliable but reo-coker would be a good signing. There was also a rumour on there about Van der Vaart going to West Spam which i've heard from a few other places, wouldn't mind him either!

Have it on good authority that Darren Bent will be heading to Spurs with Keane going to Villa.

Stephen Fletcher - Basildon

Liverpool will look at Fernando Torres if they can offload Peter Crouch for £11m to Newcastle, Juventus or Aston Villa

G Hiscock - Newport, Gwent

Rumour has it that despite PLG's departure Barry ferguson is still on his way out of Ibrox possibly to Villa in a £4.5M deal. David Murray has apparently told Ferguson that the new manager will need funds to restructure the team and because of this and Fergusons conduct recently he will be moved on.

Bob Fairley - Larkhall

I have heard from excellent sources in Asia that Lee Chun Soo, who starred for South Korea at World Cup 2006, is on his way to Aston Villa in the January transfer window.

Paul Meehan - Singapore

Click