Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we signed Defoe yet?

Why? Heard something? Check the hotels, he might be there.

He must be having some serious problems checking out!

Guess he's stucked arguing about paying for collectors call...

Sporting Life article and the relevant paragraph below.

Boothroyd revealed earlier this week that he had rejected a £5million bid for England Under-21 forward Young, as well as turning down two other offers.

But the bids for Young, 21, are understood to have increased to £7million, with Aston Villa, Everton and Tottenham all believed to be in the market for the talented forward.

Please please :)

Yes please young is a player i rate very highly, and while we are at it with pardew admitting he will accept bids we should signal our intent 10-12mil should get him.

I am praying for Young and Bent that would upgrade us so much!!!

If we got Young & Bent (and I don't for 1 minute think we will) then I'd be happy with that even taking into account our weak rightside of def & mid.

Boothroyd said he wont be sold regardless of the price.

The only way he is leaving is if he goes to him and asks to leave.

Lets hope he does :D

With Spurs and Villa asking after him I'd be a little surprised if he didn't ask - knowing what's likely in store for Watford in May.

Boothroyd said he wont be sold regardless of the price.

The only way he is leaving is if he goes to him and asks to leave.

Lets hope he does :D

With Spurs and Villa asking after him I'd be a little surprised if he didn't ask - knowing what's likely in store for Watford in May.

Its the next step for him, he is and England U21 international and has played well in his first season in the premiership, he needs to remain in the league at a bigger club going in the right direction where he will play regularily. This will allow him to try and break into the England set up as he gets older, i think Villa can provide all these things for him.

Would anyone like Danny Murphy. I think he would be a good, cheap signing and I think we could get him without too much fuss.

I had this thought a couple of weeks ago.

I reckon £1million would do it and yeah, I'd be pleased with that in the short term.