Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say i'm disappointed that MON didn't work out one or two deals in december in order to sign them for the first week in Jan. Given the poor or no cover we have in a few areas...

full credit to the new egghead chairman at West Ham...he's putting his money where his mouth is...they look like being the big spenders this January.

Big spending doesnt make it smart spending , they are looking at relegation which would be a disaster with the new Tv deal next year so the are desperate and paying more than they need too.

Just because we arnt shouting it from the rooftops doesnt mean behind the scenes things arnt going on...

Have to say i'm disappointed that MON didn't work out one or two deals in december in order to sign them for the first week in Jan. Given the poor or no cover we have in a few areas...

full credit to the new egghead chairman at West Ham...he's putting his money where his mouth is...they look like being the big spenders this January.

Big spending doesnt make it smart spending , they are looking at relegation which would be a disaster with the new Tv deal next year so the are desperate and paying more than they need too.

Just because we arnt shouting it from the rooftops doesnt mean behind the scenes things arnt going on...

Yes. but we need to get the best players in quick!

Craig Bellamy is set to sign if baros leaves !!!!! - Link

Did not see that one coming! Not Bellamy's biggest fan though so wouldn't mind if this didn't happen.

No chance. Bellamy and Kuyt is the prefered strikeforce at Liverpool and he looks back to his best in recent weeks.

The only way I could see this happening is if their takeover is on the cards and they've been given the go ahead to grab David Villa. That's the only way.

He wouldn't quit Liverpool right now, not a chance, think he'd rather fight for his place than do that.

Jermaine Defoe story has more of a chance than the Bellamy one i'm afraid.

It's not his money, but yeah they certainly don't muck about do they it seems.

fantastic fun....

just took me an hour to read half the thread but it was well worth it....

best bit was the link to some spurtzzzzzzzzz site where their plants had made a pathetic attempt to have some fun, but no one really took the bait...

then their little "selective quote" jokes were ridiculed by their own fans as they admitted their lot actually believed rubbish such as this....

as for the rumours, tbh, as managers of clubs that really dont matter in the grand scheme of things have been out in media force today stating that "players arent for sale", pretty much indicates that january is always going to be difficult to get in the required "quality"...

all well and good moaning that the shammers 'might' sign boa morte and swp, or fulham 'might' sign a couple of yanks, but at the end of the day, while they may be short term solutions to some of our issues, would those players really improve us long term to match our board and managers long term ambitions?!?

fantastic fun....

best bit was the link to some spurtzzzzzzzzz site where their plants had made a pathetic attempt to have some fun, but no one really took the bait...

then their little "selective quote" jokes were ridiculed by their own fans as they admitted their lot actually believed rubbish such as this....

as for the rumours, tbh, as managers of clubs that really dont matter in the grand scheme of things have been out in media force today stating that "players arent for sale", pretty much indicates that january is always going to be difficult to get in the required "quality"...

all well and good moaning that the shammers 'might' sign boa morte and swp, or fulham 'might' sign a couple of yanks, but at the end of the day, while they may be short term solutions to some of our issues, would those players really improve us long term to match our board and managers long term ambitions?!?

I'd have to say SWP and Boa Morte would, yes.

VillaTalk has FAR too many people complaining that we haven't signed anyone YET.

I fully expected a riot to happen when we hadn't spent £100 million by Feb 1st. I'm now thinking this riot may occur sooner than that!

Is anyone on gonna apologise to Villa when the signings arrive?

fantastic fun....

boa morte, the inconsistant speed merchant who doesnt really do a lot other than run fast a lot, occasionally score the odd goal, work hard, and thats about it?

dont we have gabby, who is younger, with a lot more potential, who can already do that?

and swp would offer us speed.... definately wouldnt offer us strength or height, and tbh, im sure we could find another winger who is quick but flatters to deceieve more often than not in recent times, a lot cheaper than 10 million...

just because we have some money now, doesnt mean that we should allow other clubs to rape us financially...

me personally, i would rather we kept what we had, rather than waste 3 million on the likes of that goomba looking freak marlon harewood... especially when you consider he has a similar goalscoring record this term to the innefectual baros....

The Sun have said the deal for Luis Boa Morte is done, with him going to West Ham for £5m.

Nothing on the West Ham official site though, so where they've got this from i don't know. Most likely gonna happen though. Not particularly bothered about this one to be honest.

More interested with the SWP story. I would have expected that to be done by now, the way they were going on yesterday, and neither West Ham or Chelsea have denied the story so i'm guessing SWP is just weighing u his options, hopefully we're one of them.

Also after Upson.

Here's the link:-

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007000552,00.html

fantastic fun....

boa morte, the inconsistant speed merchant who doesnt really do a lot other than run fast a lot, occasionally score the odd goal, work hard, and thats about it?

dont we have gabby, who is younger, with a lot more potential, who can already do that?

and swp would offer us speed.... definately wouldnt offer us strength or height, and tbh, im sure we could find another winger who is quick but flatters to deceieve more often than not in recent times, a lot cheaper than 10 million...

just because we have some money now, doesnt mean that we should allow other clubs to rape us financially...

me personally, i would rather we kept what we had, rather than waste 3 million on the likes of that goomba looking freak marlon harewood... especially when you consider he has a similar goalscoring record this term to the innefectual baros....

Agree with you about Boa Morte but you would take SWP if he was offered, he's an absoloute gem in my opinion. The city fans up here would love him back that's for sure. Outside of the top four, he could walk in any other team.

forgot to mention that boa morte is almost 30....

swp is a decent player, but small, weak and inconsistant...

but at 10 million, thats a lot of money for someone small, weak and inconsistant...

iv said it before, and il say it again, i would rather we had milner back, than sign swp for 10 million...

forgot to mention that boa morte is almost 30....

swp is a decent player, but small, weak and inconsistant...

but at 10 million, thats a lot of money for someone small, weak and inconsistant...

iv said it before, and il say it again, i would rather we had milner back, than sign swp for 10 million...

Yeah, Milner would be a great signing, but doesn't look likely at the moment unfortunately. Guess we'll have to see.

Why are their so many threads with Rumour: on it... usually they get closed down? whats going on?

New system, it's in one of the annoucement threads.

ah ok thanks mate. ill have a look. Its far too messy. lol