Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

me i always said i cant see spurs selling their top scorer, i thought the hotel was nearer Villa park he could of been their for lots of reasons. In the summer i think we should try for him though

Do you look over your shoulder or in the rear view mirror when you're reversing at high speed?

OK!

Can you blaime the guy for feeling a little under pressure? A lot of people jumped on him during the last few days.

The man says he has called a number and asked to speak to a person. He then spoke to him for some time. He never said anything more than that and I think it was funny he did it and it proves nothing, but it does not make him a liar or a PFE - so give it a rest.

Just noticed on Sky Sports that Owen Hargreaves could be available from Bayern at the right price after they decided to change there stance on his availablity , could be worth a try people ?

He wants to go to Manu. And Manu want him to come to Manu. So I reckon he'll be going to Manu.

There are a lot of quality players available. But the question is do we manage to find them.

I would be disappointed if we sign Smith. I think Chinedu Ogbuke (best player that ever has played in the Norwegian league, better than Carew and Solskjær when they were here and WAY better than Mikel, who joined Chelsea) would be a quality signing up front.

Marek Sapara from Rosenborg would also be a quality signing in the midfield.

It seems like Ogbuke is headed to one of the big clubs:

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2125346.ece

"Premiership sides were put on alert yesterday following the collapse of the proposed £3m move to Lokomotiv Moscow for Lyn Oslo's Nigeria striker Edu.

Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal had all been tracking Chinedu Ogbuke - nicknamed Edu after the former Gunners midfielder, and the 20-year-old was yesterday reported to be heading to England for a trial, although the collapse of a proposed move to Arsenal before Christmas due to work permit problems may discourage English interest."

VillaTalk has FAR too many people complaining that we haven't signed anyone YET.

I fully expected a riot to happen when we hadn't spent £100 million by Feb 1st. I'm now thinking this riot may occur sooner than that!

Is anyone on gonna apologise to Villa when the signings arrive?

I don't think it's complaining. It's more anxiety - we haven't been players in the transfer market since the late 90's. I suppose we're like a bunch of kids on xmas eve wondering what we're going to get for Cjhristmas.

VillaTalk has FAR too many people complaining that we haven't signed anyone YET.

I fully expected a riot to happen when we hadn't spent £100 million by Feb 1st. I'm now thinking this riot may occur sooner than that!

I just think some might be a bit concerned about reading (maybe reading too much in to it) about the likes of West Ham getting 3 players that might had helped us and the only signs of us signing anything, apart from Defoe at a hotell ;) , is that MON says we'll have to wait. Which sounds too familiar. :( Don't expect any riot. People are entitled to be a bit concerned and I think it's very much down to us having that old idiot at the helm for far too long. And that goes without any further discussion wether he was awful or not.

MON says we'll have to wait. Which sounds too familiar.

Its possible that MON's quote of 'it will be difficult to do anything before the Man U game' is due to us having lined up a player (Bardsley) or two players (Bardsley / Smith) from Manure and they didnt want to sell to us before we played them...

Sorry if thats been mentioned, its hard to keep up with this thread!

I just think some might be a bit concerned about reading (maybe reading too much in to it) about the likes of West Ham getting 3 players that might had helped us and the only signs of us signing anything, apart from Defoe at a hotell ;) , is that MON says we'll have to wait. Which sounds too familiar. :( Don't expect any riot. People are entitled to be a bit concerned and I think it's very much down to us having that old idiot at the helm for far too long. And that goes without any further discussion wether he was awful or not.

Towards the end of the month maybe but it's ridiculous to be concerned when it's only the 5th of the month.

If the club were making statements about who we were after there'd be people complaining, rightly imo, that we were showing our hand. Do things the right way and there's complaints that there's no sign of us signing anyone.

MON says we'll have to wait. Which sounds too familiar.

Its possible that MON's quote of 'it will be difficult to do anything before the Man U game' is due to us having lined up a player (Bardsley) or two players (Bardsley / Smith) from Manure and they didnt want to sell to us before we played them...

Sorry if thats been mentioned, its hard to keep up with this thread!

I thought that the rules had been changed now, where you cant play against a club who have loaned you, even if you wanted too.....

Towards the end of the month maybe but it's ridiculous to be concerned when it's only the 5th of the month.

If the club were making statements about who we were after there'd be people complaining, rightly imo, that we were showing our hand. Do things the right way and there's complaints that there's no sign of us signing anyone.

I don't disagree with you, but I still think that's the reason or one of them. And the already mentioned fact that wham seems to be on their way to land a couple of signings. Some will think "Why can't we when they can?", etc. But I guess that the Dica-rumour is just as good as the Boa Morte-rumour.

VB - he can, the rule is to stop people playing for more than two teams in a season

Now I asked this question a few hundered pages back, and was told he couldn't...

So I was right after all!!!!!

A player can't play for more than 2 clubs in a competitive match. Bellamy could move because he never played a competitive match for Blackburn this season, Mashcerano though did play for Corinthians, therefore he has to go to FIFA and ask them for dispensation.

With us signing players, Bardsley I think is getting more likely by the day but Man Utd won't selll him until we've played them because, well, they are bastards. I am now also hoping Newcastle sign SWP because hoepfully Milner will then be allowed to leave. Would much rather have him :D

VB - he can, the rule is to stop people playing for more than two teams in a season

Now I asked this question a few hundered pages back, and was told he couldn't...

So I was right after all!!!!!

Can't play for more than 2 clubs between 1st July and the end of June the following year