Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

i don't think portsmouths owner is THAT rich, but his dad is a billionaire i think

i could imagine if we put a hefty bid in for taylor, the chairman would go over redknapps head to sell him

no chance 5 million would get him though

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This I find worrying:

O'Neill told icbirmingham: "I honestly don't know how much money I've got, but we're going to try to strengthen the squad."

Don't know when it was dated but it doesn't sound very professional to me. How can MON plan to bring in players without knowing his budget???

Almost sounds like the DOL/Ellis farces ffs.

he probably doesn't have a budget

he asks randy if he will be able to get a certain player, randy says yes/no

after he spent a certain amount of money, he might ask is there a chance of getting so and so, and will get the answer yes but make this our last signing unless you get cheaper players etc

something on the lines of that is a possibility i guess

You could be right Sam, but I just don't see that as a very professional way of operating and it would certainly make things very difficult in a tight transfer window. To get more than one player in, you've got to have multiple combinations of bids at the ready- fall back options if your targets don't materialise. I don't see how you can plan for that unless you start out with a budget.

saying youre not daft enough to tell anyone how much you have, implys that you have a lot but dont want anyone to know...

therefore, clubs will assume you have a lot and try and rip you off...

although my opinion is obviously, pure speculation on my part...

Pablo, I think everyone will assume he's got plenty to spend, whatever he says or doesn't say on the subject.

But Martin being so upfront and honest and everything, I tend to believe what he says. If he says he doesn't know his budget, I believe him. And it bothers me.

Pablo, I think everyone will assume he's got plenty to spend, whatever he says or doesn't say on the subject.

But Martin being so upfront and honest and everything, I tend to believe what he says. If he says he doesn't know his budget, I believe him. And it bothers me.

they may assume he has plenty, but recent comments seems to be implying we have a lower amount than previously thought..

either way, im not reading too much into EVERY comment made by o'neill...

when we start disecting every word, thats when confusion happens and arguments start....

This I find worrying:

O'Neill told icbirmingham: "I honestly don't know how much money I've got, but we're going to try to strengthen the squad."

Don't know when it was dated but it doesn't sound very professional to me. How can MON plan to bring in players without knowing his budget???

Almost sounds like the DOL/Ellis farces ffs.

Because if he says I have 50 million, it will push the price up. Why do you think Chelsea pay over the odds for players like SWP, Boularhouz, that left back that lasted one season (del Horno?).

Yeah, but SoccerHQ, read the other thread and you'll see O'Neill has given up on Milner. Bale and Bent would be nice, but I'd probably prefer Baines and Defoe. Either Farfan, SWP or Navas for the right wing.

while Navas is a quality player i've heard that he gets badly homesick which is never good.

Hearing the £12Mill being banded about for Defoe i'd rather see us spend that on someone like Huntelaar at Ajax, aswell as a great season last season he gave Arsenal a real hard time in the Berkamp testimonial which shows he'd more than likely adapt to the prem well, not sure if he's a realistic target ATM though.

Martin being so upfront and honest and everything, I tend to believe what he says. If he says he doesn't know his budget, I believe him.

Jim, why don't you just stop believing everything people say and have a glass of this instead...

im not reading too much into EVERY comment made by o'neill...

Yeah, let's all just stop arguing about what others say, and believe what we want to believe.

Eat drink and be merry guys. Happy Christmas. :cheers: