Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 16 - still no "quality" signings!. I can understand why people call us a boring club

And who exactly has signed quality in the premiership so far this transfer window?

Well...how many clubs are in our situation?

at least 7 and only one - West Haam have brought supposed quality

as to Barton would love him at Villa, we know the price at £5.5m is small beer

however it seems he wants to move to Everton only

Day 16 - still no "quality" signings!. I can understand why people call us a boring club

And who exactly has signed quality in the premiership so far this transfer window?

If by that you mean need to strengthen their team desperately then about 10.

West Ham

Wigan

Watford

Charlton

Sheffield United

All definately need to strengthen their team or face the prospect of relegation. Out of those the only "quality"/significant signing has been Boa Morte, but seeing as he is 30 that is very much up to debate.

Of those requiring/wanting quality signing/s Probably everyone else but Arsenal (The only team who's really come out and said they ain't going to buy players). And who have they signed? Only one I can think of (potentially) is Alnwick for Spurs. Arguable that Padelli for Liverpool is a quality player as well as that Fulham striker from Roma, but I haven't seen either play yet so can't comment on them.

The point is though that there has been no quality/significant signings in this transfer window. It doesn't matter what position we are in this is always the case, QUALITY SIGNINGS DO NOT HAPPEN UNTIL THE SECOND HALF OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW. FACT.

I want us to sign quality players, don't you?

again totally agree Cyusr, some peopel seem to want to sign players for the sake of it.

I look back at last summer when DOL brough, what was it 8 players and how many of them are 'quality' ????

And when we sign one player we get pages in a thread arguing over him ....

Imagine Baros and Ronaldo upfront , the laziest forward line ever . Teams could play one at the back and still mark them out of the game

I'd have a lazy, overweight Ronaldo in my team!!

Imagine Baros and Ronaldo upfront , the laziest forward line ever . Teams could play one at the back and still mark them out of the game

I'd have a lazy, overweight Ronaldo in my team!!

Same! He is a goalscorer nomatter what anyone says, and the shirts would fly off the shelves.

My ideal January transfer dealings would be.....

1.SWP(10 mill)

2.Carew(7 mill)

3.Barton(5.5 mill)

total...22.5 mill..i know it's a lot of money..but these are young quality players...an investment for the future

For second half of the season this would make our team

SORENSON

HUGHES MELLBERG LAURSEN(CAHILL/RIDGE) BOUMA

SWP PETROV BARTON BARRY

CAREW BAROS

Bech would be TAYLOR,ANGEL/MOORE,MCANN,CAHILL/RIDGE,GABBY/JLOYD

Barring hughes...i think this is a really strong team......we'd then need to buy a class..pacy right back in the summer...a left winger as reinforcement for barry....and a solid Centre Back(like Distin (probably for a 15-16 mill)

What do t'all think...how does my team sound......is it money well spent..

...p.s..i can't be assed with negative responses abt not being bale to get the...don't worry..i have a bit of brain too..it's more of a what if