• Bannan
    • Lichaj
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Garnder (for Heskey 58)
    • Weimann (for Herd 73)
    • Carruthers (for Bannan 86)

Well that is a point more than I thought we would get. We rode our luck pretty much from the moment we went in front as we sat deeper and gave the ball away to cheaply as we had so few players anywhere near their half. However, we battled and fought and closed down, something we have been guilty of not doing in past games.

6 Points ahead of the relegation places, a game in hand and much better goal difference should be enough space to see us through.

Collins MOTM

Naturally any team with drop deep when 1 up at Anfield, especially as Liverpool push players on. However AM had us dropping deep from around the 40th minute. Liverpool were very vulnerable today......

Impressed with Lichaj .... Suarez is a word removed

We have become Birmingham, disgusted with our approach to the game under this **** idiot.

Great point, a point closer to safety and hopefully protests at Villa Park to get rid of the man who is making watching our team a painful experience week in week out.

Agreed. Can't we just take the game to the other team for once?

Look a bit more motivated today defensively good. But as I said on the match thread, we will never win games with these tactics. I don't think McLeish has a clue how to work the forwards, have'nt seen any proof even with Bent in the squad, not all season.

Firstly let me start by saying excellent point and with results below, even better...

To the game, couldn't fault anyone for effort, everyone gave there all,

We played some very neat football in the first half at times, great layoff by bannan for goal and two outstanding touches by Ireland in particular, both these players battled very hard today, honourable mention for gabby who I've criticised lately,,

Defence was excellent, with exception of huttton who wasn't terrible.

Tactics, very poor after goal was conceded but thought his options were limited as midfielders ball retention is so poor,

Thought he did v well today but i have to criticise him again, too many wrong choices on a whole, I feel he played a large part in there goal, we were on the break, Ireland had made a driving run off him and no doubt would of pinned them further back but bannan never released, lost it, lay on the ground.. I know the goal wasn't conceded in their half and there were other chances to clear it but at 1 nil and sitting, ball retention is most important,,, this really frustrated me,

Thought we could of nicked it at the end with a 3 on 2 but for a poor cross field pass...

Happy with result considering the battering taken

Usually id be dissapointed if we had taken the lead and drawn but today i'm so relieved we got the point, with those tactics we were never going to win but every point is vital at the moment.

The other results went out way as well which is good and hopefully we can get a good result against stoke.

Got a few grey hairs after watching that 2nd half!

McLeish TBF was driving them forward at the end...telling them not to sit back but you could see they were jiggered.

Baker, Collins & Lichaj were immense at the back but the whole team deserves credit for working SOOOO hard for each other.

Given made some fantastic saves but all in all...having to play mainly the kids with a few seniors you can't complain over gaining a point

especially as Blackburn, Bolton & Wigan all lost.

Great to hear the Villa fans singing Petrov's name in the 19th minute again. Think the Liverpool fans were clapping as well which was good to hear.

Need 3 points on Monday against Stoke.

I wish people would stop saying we sat deep, Liverpool up the pressure and made us sit deeper.

Forget current form and how we played you look at the teams on paper and we should of got beat.

Anyway you look at it is 1 point closer to safety, We stay on course with last season 34 points after 31 games and with results today it is more 2 points than 1

I predicted that it would be Liverpool's most comfortable win all season and although they enjoyed a vast majority of possession and chances, we made it difficult for them, defended well and frustrated, and that's really the best we can hope to do. Some good spirit shown in the last few games. Let's hope we can build on it and beat Stoke. Good work today.

One gripe as I said in the match thread was our ball retention...but these are only youngsters and we're missing Clark in the centre of the park whose one of the more experienced in the squad.

Happy with the point, would have snapped hand off before hand. Liverpool played well, and our young lads and experienced lads did well to get the point. Started game very well. Collins was colossus today.

Yes, a point is fair and all, but the team is just incredibly poor going forward.

No gameplan, no style, no clue as to how to put the goal in the net. Just hoping for a second ball and then pouncing on it. It's horrendous.

Warnock in the middle says it all for me. How do you have 3 fullbacks on the pitch at one time? The positions were there to be slotted within.

I don't know. I like the point, but I think this is probably one of the more depressing performances I've watched.

IF we win on Monday taking us to 37 points..

- Bolton need 3 wins in their next 7 games to go a point above us.

- QPR need 3 wins in their next 7 games to go level on points.*

- Blackburn need 3 wins in their next 6 games to go level on points.*

- Wigan need 3 wins in their next 6 games to go level on points.*

- Wolves need 5 wins in their next 7 games to go level on points.*

That is of course if we don't get a single point from any of the remaining 6 games after Stoke. Mathematically we shouldn't go down, it is still possible but we shouldn't go down.

*Of course these teams could all win 4 they could win 3 and draw some, but to even get close 3 out of their remaining fixtures must be wins. Possible but the reason they are down there is because they are lacking wins..

I wish people would stop saying we sat deep, Liverpool up the pressure and made us sit deeper.

Forget current form and how we played you look at the teams on paper and we should of got beat.

Anyway you look at it is 1 point closer to safety, We stay on course with last season 34 points after 31 games and with results today it is more 2 points than 1

Do you watch much football. We never got forward enough to keep Liverpool out of our half. If we attack they all won't be sitting in our half pressuring us all game.

Â