• Bannan
    • Lichaj
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Garnder (for Heskey 58)
    • Weimann (for Herd 73)
    • Carruthers (for Bannan 86)

Just show how good a point is Suarez costs more than the whole team we had out there today.

I'm happy with a point but I can't stand hearing shit like this. We were playing Liverpool who have been absolutely shit for a couple of months at least. Yes, I know that we have a lot of injuries but don't try to make it out that this was some brilliant performance and point.

Yes it was a good point but we were very lucky. Thanks to the teams around us losing it looks like we are going to be safe this season.

And no Suarez did not cost Liverpool more than the side we put out today!!!

Liverpool bought Suarez for 22.8 million pounds.

Given 3.5m

Hutton 3m

Heskey 3.5m

Ireland 8m (17m + Ireland = 25m pounds for James Milner)

James Collins 5m

Warnock 6-8m

That equals 29-31m pounds. Just to have the facts right.

Andy Carroll did though. What a waste of money.

A good point.

Felt we sat back too much which is no surprise really. From the radio it sounded like Collins and Given were great. We'll need another big performance from Collins against Stoke.

not a bad point but it was predictable as soon as we scored that we would sit back and do **** all, i would say the draw was more down to liverpool being shit than anything we did

4 points this weekend after todays results would still be a good weekend though IMO

but its papering over the cracks at best, we are shit and he's got to go

Another typical performance. started okay, scored and then were shit for the rest of the game. sat back again and were lucky not to be on the receiving end of 3 or 4. As soon as we scored you just knew we would stop playing and we did. i have no idea why we do this but it drives me mad!

Stelling / Nicholas took great pleasure in announcing Liverpool had pulled it back to 1-1, had to stop watching, words removed, usual media wankfest over Liverpool and king word removed.

Another point closer to safety, and another point closer to another season of that ginger cun - well done to the team for today though.

Collins was immense today, MOTM for me.

Very happy with 1 point considering the team we fielded today.

Everyone gave their all, no **** all attitude.

All in all very pleased.

As for the Negative sitting back tactics:

I'm quite certain that I saw McLeish urging the team to get higher up the pitch and retain possession on more then one occasion during second half.

Commentator commented on it as well. He even brought on another striker.

I doubt he urged the team to sit back and defend.

Collins was immense today, MOTM for me.

Very happy with 1 point considering the team we fielded today.

Everyone gave their all, no **** all attitude.

All in all very pleased.

As for the Negative sitting back tactics:

I'm quite certain that I saw McLeish urging the team to get higher up the pitch and retain possession on more then one occasion during second half.

Commentator commented on it as well. He even brought on another striker.

I doubt he urged the team to sit back and defend.

People will believe what they want to of course. Given the players available and often out of position we were never going to be a huge attacking threat.

I'd have taken a point pre kick off

Didn't watch game

Will await attendees posts for view on game

Why do people who watch it online not count is it?

Yes they count BUT you do gleen much much more when you are actually at the game

Eg, last week I got home from B6 and posters on here were ripping baker to bits

I looked at the line up pre match and feared the worse so am well chuffed with a point in our present situation.

Bit surprised at the level of criticism post match bearing in mind most people thought we'd get mullered.

Liverpool may be shite but they've only lost 2 at home all year, they were near full strength and we had a team with a number of players tha most Villa fans would struggle to recognise let alone supporters of other clubs. Anyone who expected us to take the game to Liverpool and dominate is living in fantasy land.

Stelling / Nicholas took great pleasure in announcing Liverpool had pulled it back to 1-1, had to stop watching, words removed, usual media wankfest over Liverpool and king word removed..

Totally agree, but you also forgot to add Phil "the red" Thompson, who was more interested in our match rather than his own.

I turned the tv off in the end, it was sickening & frankly amateur

Knew we wouldnt win, but happy enough with a point & with the other results that went our way

Considering the team we had, its a fabulous point for us, yet AM is still getting stick.

Its becoming more obvious by the day that the hatred aimed at AM runs much deeper than managing our team.

I'd have taken a point pre kick off

Didn't watch game

Will await attendees posts for view on game

Why do people who watch it online not count is it?

Yes they count BUT you do gleen much much more when you are actually at the game

Eg, last week I got home from B6 and posters on here were ripping baker to bits

that's because he was at fault for at least two of the goals

Considering the team we had, its a fabulous point for us, yet AM is still getting stick.

Its becoming more obvious by the day that the hatred aimed at AM runs much deeper than managing our team.

its what happened after we scored. we go into surrender mode. on another day that could have been 5-1.

Why do we go into defend mode every time?. They were there for the taking we let them score by trying to park the bus again

Yes its the point that we are still not far off relagation.?????

why? we scraped a draw due to liverpools shit finishing, a liverpool in very poor form who have lost their last 3 at home played us off the park and missed 2/3 brilliant chances

but because all the other teams below us lost and because its anfield its a fabulous point? disagree, its a lucky unexpected point at best

we still have tons wrong with us and nothing i saw today changes that

A great point but a bit frustrating watching them sit back for 60 minutes :/ We looked Ropey at the end... very ropey. Collins and Baker did well today great defending. I don't know whether its Mcleish telling them to sit back or their lack of confidence meaning they don't go forwards. However one thing I did see today was Mcleish having a go at them for hoofing the ball forwards. He was shouting and pointing towards the floor telling them to keep it on the ground.

As a few have stated McLeish was giving Hutton a lecture on his ball composure, yelling at his squad to push up and not sit so deep. We were under so much pressure mostly due to our inability to string a couple of passes together or players being absolutely gassed. So just for today think McLeish earns just a little credit. The whole back 5 though did superb, think Hutton stopped something like 4+ crosses from ever passing him. Well worked.

"The last one [penalty shout], when Dirk Kuyt takes it on his chest and the boy [Eric Lichaj] looks at him before he's controlled it. He lifts his arms up and the referee says to Dirk he never gave it because he thought the boy was unlucky then we've no chance.

"Somebody would need to be assassinated for us to get a penalty kick."

Kenny, please **** off.

Stelling / Nicholas took great pleasure in announcing Liverpool had pulled it back to 1-1, had to stop watching, words removed, usual media wankfest over Liverpool and king word removed..

Totally agree, but you also forgot to add Phil "the red" Thompson, who was more interested in our match rather than his own.

I turned the tv off in the end, it was sickening & frankly amateur

Knew we wouldnt win, but happy enough with a point & with the other results that went our way

Yeah, it was when Given made a save, the big nosed word removed got caught watching our game rather than the one he should have been.

**** HATE Liverpool.

Â