• Bannan
    • Lichaj
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Garnder (for Heskey 58)
    • Weimann (for Herd 73)
    • Carruthers (for Bannan 86)

Just show how good a point is Suarez costs more than the whole team we had out there today.
You're acting as if this is some kind of excellent result. Look at Liverpool's recent form. Ok, a draw isn't bad but it's nothing to shout about either.

Given the injury crisis we are facing and reliance on youth a point was probably a fair result against another side desperate for form. We defended well from the sounds of things which makes a change. Considering people were saying we'd lose 4-0, 5-0 and so forth it's a good point in the context of other results. We really miss Stan's ball retention in the middle of the park.

Just show how good a point is Suarez costs more than the whole team we had out there today.
You're acting as if this is some kind of excellent result. Look at Liverpool's recent form. Ok, a draw isn't bad but it's nothing to shout about either.

Were you not one of the ones who said we would lose 4 or 5 nil.....

Were you not one of the ones who said we would lose 4 or 5 nil.....

Yeah, so? Doesn't mean I have to be over the moon with a draw.

Liverpool knew we were going to sit back and pressed high up the pitch and took alot of risks. They were closing us down in our own area and giving us no time on the ball, and when your whole team is within 10 yards of your 18 yard box and is not looking to go forward or move into space, you can't stretch the play and it becomes too tight and therefore easier for the opposition to close you down and either intercept the ball or force an error. Realistically, we should have been buried today and a decent team with a bit of confidence would have stuck at least 2 or 3 past us. As it is, McGimp can ring Lerner later and boast about getting a point at Anfield. The fact that Liverpool only have 9 points in the whole of 2012 should not be forgotten. Given pulled off a couple of super saves, they should have had a penalty and they hit the woodwork. It could have been so different, and I'd be gutted to be a Liverpool fan after dominating a game like that and not winning it.

11/16 academy players remember.

I agree we sould remember this

The Youth did us proud today.

They can be pleased with the result and we should start being positive about how the kids are delivering for us.

Sure they will have learnt an awful lot from today and there are plenty of coaching points about how to remain more composed under pressure and play smarter to keep the opposition at bay.

But all in all, well done the kids!

If people are still moaning after getting a point today then they'll never be happy. Poor form or not, Liverpool should have rolled us over, but they didn't andd we come away with a valuable point atfer what I've heard was a valiant (defensive) display.

This is 1 point and a better goal difference more than we all expected.

We were very lucky today, but we've had such shit luck this year I don't give a shit.

One point closer to safety.

Oh, and

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Come on, that doesn't mean anything, Value of players has nothing to do with the quality of a team, if it did then Carroll would be one of the best strikers in the world.

We played well.. I think too many people are ignoring facts just to try and fling a bit more mud at McLeish. Yes he's been shocking all season we know that, but the side right now is totally decimated by injury.

I think we attacked about as much as our line up would allow givem we were forced into playing 5 defenders and a defensive midfielder. That leaves only 4 attacking players on the pitch and for a time one of those was Heskey so pretty much only 3 attacking players.. Our side wasn't set up to attack, not through choice but because 7-8 of our first team players are out of action.

I will always take a point at Anfield BUT...

negative tactics again! If we had pushed on at 1 up we may be sitting pretty with a win this evening. Mcleish needs to learn that not many teams can sit on a single goal lead for 80 minutes and win 1-0.

Lichaj MOTM, thought he was brilliant today. Collins also a colossus. Impressed with Bannan and Heskey today too, having been critical in the past.

Carruthers was unlucky to be booked for diving after being fouled late on but the ref probably felt he had to go for consistency after booking that word removed Suarez for the same thing.

We should beat Stoke if we attack them.

Other results went our way too. Overall I'm happy this evening but given recent form we probably could have snuck a win here.

Got to also give a mention to Shay who kept us in it with some outstanding saves.

And nice to see the Liverpool fans join in the 19th minute applause too.

I'm happy with a point but I can't stand hearing shit like this. We were playing Liverpool who have been absolutely shit for a couple of months at least. Yes, I know that we have a lot of injuries but don't try to make it out that this was some brilliant performance and point.

Yes it was a good point but we were very lucky. Thanks to the teams around us losing it looks like we are going to be safe this season.

And no Suarez did not cost Liverpool more than the side we put out today!!!

Liverpool bought Suarez for 22.8 million pounds.

Given 3.5m

Hutton 3m

Heskey 3.5m

Ireland 8m (17m + Ireland = 25m pounds for James Milner)

James Collins 5m

Warnock 6-8m

That equals 29-31m pounds. Just to have the facts right.

Our injury situation is not the manager's fault. He should get some credit for us getting a result with a skeleton team and yet here we are criticising him, as we do. Because we don't like him... or something.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want him as our manager, but let's have a bit of perspective. Today's was a spirited performance and a good result. More of the same against Stoke please, the we can begin to think about next season.

Â