• Bannan
    • Lichaj
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Garnder (for Heskey 58)
    • Weimann (for Herd 73)
    • Carruthers (for Bannan 86)

Taking the lead against a team with no confidence and handing them the initiative for the entire remainder of the game is not acceptable. I've seen this too many times and this is irrespective of the players we have on the pitch. We did exactly the same thing against Blackburn away this season without all the injury problems we have now.

Managers have football philosophies which they stick to. Would Wenger or Rodgers play that defensively if they had so many injuries? I doubt it. Holloway brought a reserve Blackpool side (out of choice) last season and still played the exciting, attacking football they played all season, deserving more than the defeat that they got.

I've had enough, I HATE watching us and I now HATE Mcleish. I notice him shouting on the sidelines to keep the ball etc, but have zero confidence he knows how to achieve that style of football as I've never seen it from one of his teams. I don't buy this "we did well because we played Liverpool". If Swansea had that attitude they would be down already and wouldn't have outplayed and beaten the likes of Arsenal and Man City.

MCLEISH OOOOOUUUUUUTTTTT!!!!!

Considering the team we had, its a fabulous point for us, yet AM is still getting stick.

Its becoming more obvious by the day that the hatred aimed at AM runs much deeper than managing our team.

why? we scraped a draw due to liverpools shit finishing, a liverpool in very poor form who have lost their last 3 at home played us off the park and missed 2/3 brilliant chances

but because all the other teams below us lost and because its anfield its a fabulous point? disagree, its a lucky unexpected point at best

we still have tons wrong with us and nothing i saw today changes that

I was really coming from the point of view that if you look at our team sheet today due to injuries and then look at the Liverpool team then it was a great point for us.

I hate Liverpool.

Decent performance considering the side we had out, but nevertheless extremely frustrating that we were simply incapable of keeping the ball at any point in the second half. I thought the defence did well, though. Starting to think that Lichaj would be a better option that Hutton on a permanent basis.

Ireland and Bannan linked well, but we still need something extra in midfield. More physicality would give us a big boost, but we also need intelligent players (something which Gabby for example sadly lacks, which causes problems linking play in the final third). The summer's going to be interesting.

Just back from the match, good point considering we had a few square pegs in round holes today. I'm not a big fan of Collins but he was immense today. I thought Bannan was below average today but he did a job. Heskey's lack of mobility stood out but as TrentVilla points out it's a point closer to safety and a point closer to driving McLeish out once safety is achieved.

This isn't a defence of McLeish but he was urging the team forward today but the lack of composure on the ball meant we were being forced back. Hutton was the biggest culprit of this.

All in all a decent day out.

No nearer the end game as the poster with the awful feeling about today predicted though.

Good point today. I dont think Mcleish is the right man for the job but nobody can seriously complain about a point from a game we all assumed we would get plastered in.

Sums it up quite nicely for me.

I've been away this week so have only seen the Chelsea and Liverpool games on Match of the Day but I'm very concerned about the form of Agbonlahor. He is our only fit experienced attacking player (maybe Ireland as well) but I can't remember his last good game. We need him to lead by example but it's not happening. I can forgive the kids for a poor run of form, but senior players like Gabby should be averaging much better.

Great performance by Given and Collins, irreducible in defence of the goal. But also Lichay, Herd and Bannan prove that they are ready for the first team. And I have appreciated the spirit with which AMl knocked his chest saying: with the heart.

For what it's worth this frustrating tendency to sit back after taking the lead has been part of the psyche of this team since well before McLeish arrived.

For what it's worth this frustrating tendency to sit back after taking the lead has been part of the psyche of this team since well before McLeish arrived.

It's not just the sitting back bit it's the complete lack of ball retention that bugs me. We really can't seem to string more than three passes together before we decide to hoof it or do something stupid.

Really need Gabby to step up, been poor for a good 6 weeks.

Anyways, all in all a good point. Collins was imperious today, an absolutely colossal performance.

Herd, Ireland and Bannan impressed too, all put a shift in. Baker much improved from last week and Given made some great saves. Warnock played really well too, seeing as he was out of position!

Only negatives, was, well, the negativity. First 25 we were great but then just went into our shells. I don't think it was McLeish's fault either, from what I could see from my stream he was trying to drive the team out and ask them to keep the ball. The lack of confidence in the final third is evident though, needs to be addressed.

Point gained.

25 we were great but then just went into our shells. I don't think it was McLeish's fault either, from what I could see from my stream he was trying to drive the team out and ask them to keep the ball. The lack of confidence in the final third is evident though, needs to be addressed.

Point gained.

To be fair to him he's been doing this all season but he needs to gets confidence in them to do it.

"The last one [penalty shout], when Dirk Kuyt takes it on his chest and the boy [Eric Lichaj] looks at him before he's controlled it. He lifts his arms up and the referee says to Dirk he never gave it because he thought the boy was unlucky then we've no chance.

"Somebody would need to be assassinated for us to get a penalty kick."

Kenny, please **** off.

The referee said Lichaj was unlucky, meaning he didn't handle intentionally. Exactly right. Well done to the ref. Suarez had the opportunity to stay on his feet and most likely score. All the others were soft including ours.

The refs seem to think that if you can achieve contact as an offensive player you should receive a penalty.

How many times have we seen a defender with both feet planted get penalised.

This nonsense needs to be addressed.

Â