Midweek football 20/21 March

andykeenan

What about the title race now, lead down to 5 points but Madrid have a game in hand that they will presumably win?

Hopefully but Villarreal have a new coach so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Guardiola and his mind games "The Liga is over, the Liga is finished" etc etc yeah right, yesterday was a statement that they will not give up and fair enough too.

One would have thought that a draw or Sunderland win would be best for Villa?
Nah. MON lost and we're no closer to the relegation places. If Blackburn had been 18th before the game then maybe, but as it is, there's more enjoyment from the result than there is actual damage from it.

One would have thought that a draw or Sunderland win would be best for Villa?

Not really, we are safe now and have a chance of finishing above Sunderland if they keep screwing up.

Hopefully but Villarreal have a new coach so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Guardiola and his mind games "The Liga is over, the Liga is finished" etc etc yeah right, yesterday was a statement that they will not give up and fair enough too.

Well Lotina has played a terrible 5-4-1 in recent seasons so will probably be frustrating game for Madrid.

As for La Liga only 5 points in it but conceding 3 goals at home to the Udinese B team would not be sending shivers down Mourinho

Do you think Mancini will ever learn how shit city look without width?

I think City have really lacked from having any kind of Plan B, most of the time they dont need it 'cos their players are so good. But every now and again I'd just like Mancini to get rid of the two defensive midfielders and just go for it. I don't think i've ever seen him set his side up any differently to 4-2-3-1

Â