Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Best player in the PL though, by some distance is Toure Yaya, absolute quality

He obviously isn't.

He is very good, amongst the best. But not THE best, and certainly not by some distance.

City can play without him and be as solid, especially when de Jong is fit. The best is probably David Silva (if I was to give an opinion).

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep and he cost £6m.

Goes to show you don't need a lot of money to get the odd top class player.

I agree in a way but it does help if the buying club can also pay huge wages.

If we'd had a £6m bid accepted for Kompany do you think he'd have come here??? I don't!

I'm pretty sure Hughes signed Kompany before they were taken over, not certain though.

Toure Yaya, Silva, De Jong, different players, all fantastic, we're splitting hairs here but for me its Toure, look at tonight against a tough defence, a class header from a corner, then down to 10 men, runs the length of the pitch into their box and wins a pen. All that aswell as the "day job", absolute class.

Part of City's problem ?? I'm not seeing many issues at this stage

in the prem neither do i, but in the CL they were way out of their depth at times, napoli especially set themselves out in a way city really struggled with

if richards isnt playing and bombing down the wing they have no width, they dont shoot very often from outside the box and to top it off dzeko's movement is poor

their style of play isnt mind blowingly brilliant just the individuals are

Part of City's problem ?? I'm not seeing many issues at this stage

in the prem neither do i, but in the CL they were way out of their depth at times, napoli especially set themselves out in a way city really struggled with

if richards isnt playing and bombing down the wing they have no width, they dont shoot very often from outside the box and to top it off dzeko's movement is poor

their style of play isnt mind blowingly brilliant just the individuals are

Mancini was sacked from Inter for poor performance in the CL which Mourinho won two(?) years later. I can see him getting the boot from Citeh for the same reason eventually.

Yep and he cost £6m.

But being able to offer teammates like they have at City would certianly help.

Yes, Kompany may have been one of their bargains, but I still wouldn't say his signing wasn't a result of their wealth.

Yep and he cost £6m.

But being able to offer teammates like they have at City would certianly help.

Yes, Kompany may have been one of their bargains, but I still wouldn't say his signing wasn't a result of their wealth.

I think he was signed in the Shinawatra era so while they were spending they weren't super mega rich like they are now.

We would have had a decent chance of getting him if we were interested. Or had any scouts.

As far as I'm aware Kompany from excellent from his very first season and has got better and better. Put him in our team and he'd still do brilliant. The guy has everything in his locker.

EDIT: I've just looked and when he first joined them I think he was on less than a lot of our players :oops:

But since then has had two new contracts.

0815 FOOTBALL: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes midfielder Yaya Toure is irreplaceable. Toure scored City's second goal as he impressed in the 3-0 win over Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday. The 28-year-old is scheduled to join up with the Ivory Coast for the African Cup of Nations after City's FA Cup tie with Manchester United on Sunday. "I have tried to find another Yaya in my squad but there isn't another Yaya," said Mancini.

0815 FOOTBALL: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes midfielder Yaya Toure is irreplaceable.

Barcelona seem to have managed okay without him. ;)

Â