Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry will probably be sold this summer.

I'd be surprised.

He has three years remaining on his contract at £100,000 per week and is one of the first choices in midfield for the England manager.

Why would he leave?

I'd be surprised.

He has three years remaining on his contract at £100,000 per week and is one of the first choices in midfield for the England manager.

Why would he leave?

Well the fat bastard is getting on a bit and he'll probably be deemed surplus to requirements once Man City get a better defensive midfielder next summer in their annual £100m shopping spree.

agree again

if they get CL then unless they still need him around to make up a number then i think they'll replace him, to be fair i thought they had more or less replaced him with milner and toure but mancini sticks milner out wide

i see where you are coming from with saying that he has 3 years left on 100k but if city dont name him in either 25 man squad he hasnt got much choice but to go has he?

I'd be surprised.

Why would he leave?

Well the fat bastard is getting on a bit and he'll probably be deemed surplus to requirements once Man City get a better defensive midfielder next summer in their annual £100m shopping spree.

So what if he is?

No other club will match his wages. He's played in the World Cup, earned millions and will have a few Champions League games next season while having a nice easy early retirement.

It's not like they can force him to leave. And why would he? Three years being paid stupid money for not much work before a casual couple of final years to finish off at West Brom or Wolves.

I'd be surprised.

Why would he leave?

So what if he is?

No other club will match his wages. He's played in the World Cup, earned millions and will have a few Champions League games next season while having a nice easy early retirement.

It's not like they can force him to leave. And why would he? Three years being paid stupid money for not much work before a casual couple of final years to finish off at West Brom or Wolves.

Looks like you've got it all planned out for him. Are you his agent?

they have said that they won't be spending anymore, just topping up where neccasary.

and that they want to reduce their wage bill over the next 5 years in time for the Uefa rules which fully kicks in in about 5 years time.

Once they get champions league football I think they'll be looking to add 1-3 world class individuals per year, like chelsea did when Mourinho arrived. The mad transfer windows should be behind them, but who knows.

Manchester City face a major battle to be allowed to compete in UEFA competitions from 2013.

City face uphill battle

Manchester City face a major battle to be allowed to compete in UEFA competitions from 2013.

City made a £121.3 million loss in 2009-10 and can expect to make a further loss of at least £130 million for 2010-11 and, according to The Independent, UEFA has warned that their heavy transfer spending "cannot be written off as a loss on next year's accounts alone".

When UEFA's Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations are fully enforced, clubs will be forced to break even, although benefactors - such as the City owners - are allowed to contribute up to £39.54 million for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons and £26.36 million for the period covering 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18.

City will have to spread the losses of their recent heavy spending over the length of the corresponding players' contracts, though, meaning they will have to cope with a £50 million loss at the start of each season, over and above any other spending on transfers and wages. The club made an operating loss of £55.1 million in 2009-10, largely due to wages, which is set to rise.

City's chief football administrator, Brian Marwood, recently said the big spending at the club was over and that the focus would now be on developing youngsters through the academy, but it appears that will not be enough to secure a place in the Champions League when the new rules are introduced.

UEFA's head of club licensing, Andrea Traverso, told The Independent that any attempt to wipe out the spending before the rules come into play would "be seen as a way to circumvent the rules, and that is not allowed".

:crylaugh: Please happen, please happen, please happen.

Manchester City are reported to have clinched the signing of former Barcelona starlet Gai Assulin.

The 19-year-old Israel international - dubbed the ‘new Lionel Messi’ when he was coming through the ranks in Catalonia - is believed to be signing a four-year deal.

City were close to taking the midfielder in the summer but a knee injury delayed the deal.

Barcelona-based newspaper Sport reports that City are now satisfied with the youngster’s fitness and quality and will add him to their reserve squad.

Assulin underwent surgery on an injured knee last month. He visited Eastlands last week for a medical and was sent to a rehabilitation clinic to hasten his recovery. His Spanish citizenship means he will not need a work permit.

Assulin had been highly rated at the Nou Camp but saw chances diminish last season because of injury and the emergence of the likes of Pedro.

He was unable to reach agreement on a new contract and attracted wide interest once available on a free transfer.

http://tinyurl.com/2vu76ar

Dream on. Inter's loss is worse than ours and Barca's is $100 million. If you think Barca and Inter will be banned from Euro... well I've got a bridge to sell you.

We're still signing people like Assulin to good contracts, what does that tell you about the likelihood of these rules being enforced? :lol:

If you think Barca and Inter will be banned from Euro... well I've got a bridge to sell you.

Oh no, I'm still trying to get these magic beans to work from the last fella that sold me something.

I doubt we'll make a loss this season after the Milner sale and no signings and several players leaving, though we might have a lot of losses - which is good news for, er, Stoke.

• 3 weeks later...
Manchester City are reported to have clinched the signing of former Barcelona starlet Gai Assulin.

The 19-year-old Israel international - dubbed the ‘new Lionel Messi’ when he was coming through the ranks in Catalonia - is believed to be signing a four-year deal.

City were close to taking the midfielder in the summer but a knee injury delayed the deal.

Barcelona-based newspaper Sport reports that City are now satisfied with the youngster’s fitness and quality and will add him to their reserve squad.

Assulin underwent surgery on an injured knee last month. He visited Eastlands last week for a medical and was sent to a rehabilitation clinic to hasten his recovery. His Spanish citizenship means he will not need a work permit.

Assulin had been highly rated at the Nou Camp but saw chances diminish last season because of injury and the emergence of the likes of Pedro.

He was unable to reach agreement on a new contract and attracted wide interest once available on a free transfer.

http://tinyurl.com/2vu76ar

Pini Zahavi has done well there. He wasn't even that highly rated, slipped way down the pecking order in youth side apparently. He's won;t complain with the wages he's getting though.

Â