Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Personally I've always quite liked Declan Rice and he has driven Wet Spam to winning their European Trophy.

In a couple of those games he was outstanding and scored arguably goal of the tournament.

Rice is also a key player for the fourth best international team in the World, he's quality.

I don't particularly like Arsenal either but I'm glad he's gone there than Man. City.

Also heard a few stories about his character, things he's done in support of grass roots football, children's level and he's actually a damn good guy too.

The criticism of him is wrong. It's not his fault Wet Spam want top dollar for him!

• Like 3

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Personally I've always quite liked Declan Rice and he has driven Wet Spam to winning their European Trophy.

In a couple of those games he was outstanding and scored arguably goal of the tournament.

Rice is also a key player for the fourth best international team in the World, he's quality.

I don't particularly like Arsenal either but I'm glad he's gone there than Man. City.

Also heard a few stories about his character, things he's done in support of grass roots football, children's level and he's actually a damn good guy too.

The criticism of him is wrong. It's not his fault Wet Spam want top dollar for him!

I wouldn’t consider him a key player for England. Take him out and nobody notices. 

West Ham were shit in the league last, and won a third rate European title. Fair play to them for doing it, but it isn’t a sign of greatness. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, imavillan said:

just not even arsed anymore. **** all will happen and by the time they get a slap on the wrist from these charges they'll have won a few more titles and bought a few more teams' star players

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

just not even arsed anymore. **** all will happen and by the time they get a slap on the wrist from these charges they'll have won a few more titles and bought a few more teams' star players

Yeah, I think a transfer embargo needs to be put in place at least until this is resolved.  

Especially if they are still with holding information and stalling proceedings 

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Yeah, I think a transfer embargo needs to be put in place at least until this is resolved.  

Especially if they are still with holding information and stalling proceedings 

Much more than an embargo...really should be demoted leagues but English football will bottle it as usual and criticise outside powers for lesser reasons

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Kick them down to conference and strip titles already

• Like 1

Stripping the titles would be perfect though, not just the obvious but because they would be permanently reminded by opposing supporters that they are cheats, and they’d have to scrub out out any reference to them at their stadium. Humiliation. Beautiful. 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Much more than an embargo...really should be demoted leagues but English football will bottle it as usual and criticise outside powers for lesser reasons

Oh I just meant in the mean time before they get found guilty. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Good point, new rule, no sponsors with even the tiniest connection to the owner.

City and Newcastle both, Also isn't Stoke owned and Sponsored by Bet365?  And Red Bull teams, how do they get around it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

City and Newcastle both, Also isn't Stoke owned and Sponsored by Bet365?  And Red Bull teams, how do they get around it?

The rule doesn’t exist, I just suggested it. It would be an issue for a lot of teams so unlikely to happen.

I think its an apt punishment on the basis that they've been shown that they cant be trusted, the likes of stoke and the RB teams haven't been

the danger is that there should be a punishment that sets precedent but at the same time id expect precedent to fall under appeal and more time for the lawyers

im sure the only precedent for FFP breaches are fines and transfer bans

I agree with all the above suggestions you have all made, ..........................

but money talks especially in discrete brown paper envelopes.

This case will be dragged on for years, the lawyers get richer and eventually they will wear down the FA or whoever started this investigation. I predict Man citeh will get a slap on the wrist, fined £10,000 and free to carry on as they were

• Like 1

Â