KONY2012

SABZAVFC

Please watch this video, this evil murderer must be stopped.

Kony has been abducting and murdering and forcing children to murder their parents and others for the past 20 years, something must be done.

This has gone huge in the last week.

Fair play to the guy who's organised it, he must be very proud. It's a good cause, I just feel that the people on Facebook saying 'charity begins at home' etc aren't thinking of the bigger picture.

Fingers crossed they find him sooner rather than later.

Fair play to the guy who's organised it, he must be very proud. It's a good cause,

Not so much, I fear. The organisation behind the video have come in for a huge amount of criticism - one such article HERE

Difficult to give my opinion on this campaign without sounding like an inconsiderate arsehole.

Wide western military intervention in Africa is not a very good idea. He is an evil man but what about the other tyrants doing similar things who haven't been picked up on? This kind of thing happens all around the world, Latin America, Asia, **** it was even happening in Europe 15 years ago.

I don't want people to only care about these things because it's the 'in' thing to do, if this passes like a fad which it may well do it makes a total mockery of the point behind it in the first place.

Also, this is quite interesting, about the group who made this video. I also dislike the bloke who has given himself a lot of screen time in the video, takes away from the Ugandans who have been trying to catch/stop Kony for years by suggesting that now the Americans are coming it is possible to stop him.

Don't get me wrong, I want Kony stopped but this whole campaign leaves me feeling slightly sceptical.

EDIT: I'd had this tab open for ages, just noticed the same link was posted above.

Here's a large picture:

K3mgn.jpg

This is been proliferated by the most sanctimonious and out of touch of my facebook friends. I have deduced from this that I am not on board with whatever it is.

Haven't seen the video yet but every man and his dog has posted it on facebook so I'll probs check it out later.

Oh, and was that really big picture meant to be funny, or just putting forward a theory?

Because if it's the former, I don't get it.

Oh, and was that really big picture meant to be funny, or just putting forward a theory?

Because if it's the former, I don't get it.

I think a theory, with supposedly funny elements.

Me too Chappy.

General Butt Naked's real name is Joshua Milton Blahyi and he killed thousands of Liberians, the reason he is called so is that he led his troops naked. Sorry if i'm teaching people to suck eggs but this is what the pictures are referring too and not actually making up a silly name.

They have posted an official response to the various questions and concerns about the whole thing.

InvisibleChildren

The bit about how they hate guns, and were posing with them ironically, reminds he of Daniel Kitson's stand-up and how he likes to play with 'the flame of Ironic Racism'

Â