KONY2012

SABZAVFC

Foreign governments will be very shy about undertaking a military operation to kill a marauding African psychopath. Seems there is a Kony-type guy in just about every Sub-Saharan country. Taking him out sets a lofty precedent.

Foreign governments will be very shy about undertaking a military operation to kill a marauding African psychopath. Seems there is a Kony-type guy in just about every Sub-Saharan country. Taking him out sets a lofty precedent.

It would, but your blokes are currently only providing the tech support and training to first find and then catch him. No one is advocating the mass deployment of western troops to go and play whack a mole around the dark continent.

Capacity building at the local level is cheaper in blood and treasure.

The main guy and narrator of the film was arrested in San Diego tonight for public masturbation and running around a busy intersection in his underwear....

Must be cursed with some Ugandan voodoo :lol:

I'd like to see American "activists" focus their attention on American children, 50% of whom, according to the latest government census numbers, live at or below the poverty line.

:shock: That bad?! I thought 15% or so of households live below the poverty line? If so there is no way half of the American child population lives below that.

Edit: I still find it hard to believe, especially considering that a "poor" household in America is by definition one that earns an income below half of the median income. By definition again, "median income" denotes that 50% of households earn above that and 50% earn below that. So there is 1. No way that ALL households who earn incomes below the median level live below the official poverty line and also 2. No way that half of the child population lives below that poverty line, unless the households living below the median income level have on average two to three times as many children as the households living above it - which is exceedingly unlikely.

Â