London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Who gives a **** what that horrible rag thinks? The Sun is not representative of England, why should the Scottish Sun be representative of Scotland? It's the **** gutter press.

Indeed but It was the only paper I know that had an English and Scottish equivalent.

Surely that tells you all you need to know about it's agenda?

Who gives a **** what that horrible rag thinks? The Sun is not representative of England, why should the Scottish Sun be representative of Scotland? It's the **** gutter press.

Indeed but It was the only paper I know that had an English and Scottish equivalent.

Surely that tells you all you need to know about it's agenda?

Which Is why I asked on VT if anyone knew how it was being received in Scotland. Their media is proving very unreliable.

Anyway I would like all forum members opinions on the 100 metres showdown. Is Bolt fit? In yesterdays first heat nothing was given away.

Bolt isn't fully fit and that means anyone from 6 can win it. I reckon Ryan Bailey will end up with a medal. That is unless Bolt's having us on and he runs 9.4.

Oh and I hope Gatlin falls on his face.

Gemili will break 10 seconds and make the final too, I can feel it.*

*Possibly just drunk on GB athletic euphoria.

A lot of newspapers have regional variations within England. The football section in the middle of the Sundays, often have different front page stories. The Sun, Scottish or not, is a rag mind.

I thought Federer's draining semi may have helped Murray but then Fed had today off whilst Murray played the mixed doubles. I can only see a Fed gold and a Murray/Robson gold in the doubles maybe.

Yeah, Murray played twice yesterday. Mixed doubles quarter final on the morning then the mixed doubles semi final on the afternoon. Not sure if he'll beat Federer and if they are going to win the doubles then Robson needs to sort her serve out!

Last night was awesome with those three gold medals in the space of about 30 minutes. I'd love to know how many world records have been broken so far. Everytime I tune in it seems like there is another world record being broken! Great stuff so far. I'm really enjoying watching it.

I was watching the athletics last night and have to say I was very impressed by Ennis, Rutherford and Mo. Well done and congratulations to GB. Just a bit sad for Thorneus to miss out with one tiny cm. But it was an "almost day" for Sweden yesterday. We almost won the gold in womens thriatlon, but missed it with 9/1000 of a second. And our only boxer still in thegames lost 23 to 24.

On Rutherford I can say that he was interviewed in swedish telly last night and he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy.

I was watching the athletics last night and have to say I was very impressed by Ennis, Rutherford and Mo. Well done and congratulations to GB. Just a bit sad for Thorneus to miss out with one tiny cm. But it was an "almost day" for Sweden yesterday. We almost won the gold in womens thriatlon, but missed it with 9/1000 of a second. And our only boxer still in thegames lost 23 to 24.

On Rutherford I can say that he was interviewed in swedish telly last night and he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy for a ginger.

:winkold:

On Rutherford I can say that he was interviewed in swedish telly last night and he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy for a ginger.

:lol: Yeah, and that, of course. :P

Bloody hell, just lost sailing gold in the last 100m. We had to finish in the top six to win gold due to Sweden winning. Somehow managed to drop from fifth to eighth in the last 100m...

Still silver though.

:lol: Yeah, and that, of course. :P

Gold medal for your lot.

Congrats to Sweden in the sailing - devastating for GB having led throughout.

Yaahoooo. Sailing. My favourite :-)

The hateful 0 is broken at last

Â