Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not beleive what I am reading, people seriously think going down might be of some benefit. It will be of no benefit, the crowds would drop to about 22k avg. The loss of money from all areas, the loss of good players and the loss of prestige. And citing Newcastle as an example of a club who benefited from relegation is no good. How about I throw 2 more big clubs at you. Nottingham Forest and Leeds. Both went down years ago and have not come back. When Leeds went down in 2004 I thought they would be back within 3 seasons, it is now 8 and they wont get promoted this season.

Relegation is the absolute worst case scenario and there are no benefits.

Dont worry folks

Im sure we will be strengthened in the summer with the likes of Steven Davis and Boumsong relegation next season will be impossible

Of course we will do our usual flog our best player ever summer routine with Bent or Agbonlahor being pushed through the exit door.

West Ham seem to be doing ok and I have a couple of mates who have said this season has been the best for them for some time in terms of enjoyment

Every time I've heard a West Ham fan on the radio this season they've complained about the dire football under Allardyce.

I don't want us to go down, the only benefit I see would be the manager gone and the trouble makers
Except as I said, the manager going is far from guaranteed. They'd probably cite his experience getting SHA promoted. :(
The thing that surprises me is that you say these things about Lerner / the board quite often, yet still support him

West Ham seem to be doing ok and I have a couple of mates who have said this season has been the best for them for some time in terms of enjoyment

Every time I've heard a West Ham fan on the radio this season they've complained about the dire football under Allardyce.

Yeah, my West Ham supporting mate was whinging about Allardyce the other day. Apparently they hardly ever score goals from open play any more.

If I were them I'd just be happy they were on target for promotion again.

Yeah, my West Ham supporting mate was whinging about Allardyce the other day. Apparently they hardly ever score goals from open play any more.

They're top of the league what more could they want?!

They're top of the league what more could they want?!

Some free flowing Dutch football, like you see at the Villa?