Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Only 3 wins away from bieng in the second tier ? We have only won 7 all season ?

We could finish 8th with 2 good signings ? and who is going to discover those 2 good signings ?!

Both of his points are still true though, despite what you have responded with.

You are right,BUt as far as I can see I have responded with the truth !

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 3 wins away from bieng in the second tier ? We have only won 7 all season ?

We could finish 8th with 2 good signings ? and who is going to discover those 2 good signings ?!

Both of his points are still true though, despite what you have responded with.

You are right,BUt as far as I can see I have responded with the truth !

prediction is not truth

QPR 2 home wins and a win at CI£y

Fancy a friendly wager on that one?

I'm also offering generous odds on Chas n Dave lighting the olympic flame

yes, lay down your odds, proceeds can go to Acorns

Too easy, I'll give you 20-1 on QPR and 100-1 on Chas n Dave take your pick.

Done, £20 to acorns if QPR don't win 3 of their last 4

If they do, you owe me £400, which I will then personally take to the acorns CEO

hence my point that the standard in the premiership is dreadful. if we had 9 more points we'd be 9th, pushing everton for 7th

they don't have to be world class hidden gems, they just need to be 2 good signings. there's not a manager in the world who has never made a good signing

As far as luck goes, our's has been all bad since McIdiot took over !

but bad luck doesnt last forever

Jack in Newcastle: "As an outsider, Villa's problem is they have not replaced Milner, Young or Downing. They have a team that should be bottom three, except Shay Given. McLeish deserves credit for being six points clear."

fans of other clubs dont rate the team.

Jack in Newcastle: "As an outsider, Villa's problem is they have not replaced Milner, Young or Downing. They have a team that should be bottom three, except Shay Given. McLeish deserves credit for being six points clear."

Sorry! Cant buy into that, we have some good players (Albeit not as many as the past), they just are not being guided in the right direction... or utilised to their strengths... the manager is responsible for these things, and Unfortunately for us and the players Mcleish is the manager hence no direction or real game plan.

The quicker he goes and we get a manger with some sort of charisma who is prepared to work to the players strengths the better. Mcleish just hasnt got a clue.

QPR 2 home wins and a win at CI£y

Fancy a friendly wager on that one?

I'm also offering generous odds on Chas n Dave lighting the olympic flame

yes, lay down your odds, proceeds can go to Acorns

Too easy, I'll give you 20-1 on QPR and 100-1 on Chas n Dave take your pick.

Done, £20 to acorns if QPR don't win 3 of their last 4

If they do, you owe me £400, which I will then personally take to the acorns CEO

That's an easy £20 thrown away. You could have sponsored me with that. :D

Maybe looking at the team today, but a first team of...

Given

Hutton-Collins-Dunne-Warnock

Petrov-Delph/Clark/Bannan

Albrighton/N'Zogbia-Ireland-Agbonlahor

Bent

Factoring in Robbie Keane into that as well for a few games.

That team should be nowhere near the relegation zone at this point which is the team that has been available for a lot of games this season. Top 6? Maybe not, but certainly not where it is IMO.

There is some measure of the truth in the above.

Lerner deserves his "investment" to be relegated on the basis of his management strategy of selling all the best players and falling out with an otherwise broadly competant manager and replacing him with one with a track record of being unsuccessful at the top flight. His shambolic appointments to the board for a business direction in Faulkner. If it was a business of selling credit cards, he'd deserve his business to fold for his incompetence. I suspect he is learning you can't just take the cash and slam the brakes on spending without harming the "investment". The fact that he hides from the media/fans and criticism in his cowardly fashion, remaining totally unanswerable for his decisions is also repellant to me these days. I begin to see how we were all so misled over his previous behaviour.

Lerner symbolises all wrong at Villa - there is no leadership in the boardroom, there is no leadership on the pitch, there is no leadership behind the scenes. The idea of a 5 year strategy appeared to get binned about year 3.5, and has been replaced by, well, what exactly? Panic?

That we went from 6th place, to below the likes of West Brom, Swansea, Norwich, is a direct reflection of the management of the club and the decisions made. And Lerner will find out that to undo the damage of the last couple of seasons of his incompetence, will take years to fix.

The debacle of the Browns and it's revisiting with the Villa, suggests Lerner isn't fit to manage a sporting club. Frankly, I'd not trust him with my train set.

Let's be honest, if we do go down (and I think it is still a real possibility) then it will be deserved. We have comfortably been the worst team to watch in the division this season.

Some of the performances have defied belief. It still defies belief that McLeish was given the job.

A tragic state of affairs.

We are unbelievably poor. On the balance on games since November time we probably deserve to go down. I know the injuries excuse has been wheeled out a fair bit, but are we really all that depleted? We were poor with Petrov, Dunne and Bent.

I was just about to post this. I believe villa are the 18th best team in the premiership and it was only an average first 2 months which has kept the club above the drop zone.

villa deserve to go down.

If I didn't care or Love Villa so frigin much I would be loving it if we went down... just to show Lerner how much it would actually cost him nd how much of a balls up he has made of things since MON left. He really dosent deserve a team in the premiership the way he conducts his business and treat fans with such contempt...

But the problem is I DO LOVE VILLA and even though the club is like a circus at the moment that wont change, but regardless of that, it is frustrating seeing this spoilt brat ruin OUR club and all that goes with it. Would love to see him bankrupt himself and be left with sweet F.A but that would mean the end for Villa and if we go doen I feel that would spell the end as far as being a big club anymore and we would yo-yo like blues for many the years to come.

Come on Lerner FFS. Pull your finger out and admit to being wrong and get yourself involved with the club once again, it is YOUR business, but will ALWAYS be our club...dont sh1t on us and walk away, put things right if your here to stay or **** OFF NOW and take that shitbag Mcleish with you...

We are unbelievably poor. On the balance on games since November time we probably deserve to go down. I know the injuries excuse has been wheeled out a fair bit, but are we really all that depleted? We were poor with Petrov, Dunne and Bent.

I was just about to post this. I believe villa are the 18th best team in the premiership and it was only an average first 2 months which has kept the club above the drop zone.

villa deserve to go down.

Why do only games since November count. The bottom 3 teams at the end of the season deserve to go down. We may be shite but if we don't finish in the bottom 3 then we don't deserve to go down.

It's the same warped logic that says Wigan are a decent team because they find a bit of form after being shite most of the season.

We are shit and you get what you deserve. Maybe relegation will give us the reality check I starting to think we need. Unfortunately it may bankrupt us also.

We don't deserve that - but the way Lerner and Faulkner has treated and run this club - they do.

We are shit and you get what you deserve. Maybe relegation will give us the reality check I starting to think we need. Unfortunately it may bankrupt us also.

We don't deserve that - but the way Lerner and Faulkner has treated and run this club - they do.

If there was a way to see Lerner crash and burn that didn't involve Villa getting relegated, that would make me happy. I think there has been a degree of spite to his actions in the past couple of years and I'd like to see him pay for it.